No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Yale & Brown (12/3, 12/4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Yale & Brown (12/3, 12/4)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The box score states "Game Disqualification", therefore he is required to sit out at least one game. I don't know if the league will choose to hand out any further suspensions.

EDIT: Didn't see the 10-minute misconduct earlier in the game, there may be more. Plus, I think I remember seeing one of the new(er) rules is that a game is added for each game DQ received by the player. Maybe just the carry-over between years was implemented.
    If he does have to sit out more than 1 game-i certainly won't miss him.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      If he does have to sit out more than 1 game-i certainly won't miss him.
      I would since I picked him in the PtC.

Hopefully, the league will decide soon so that I can change it.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I would since I picked him in the PtC.

Hopefully, the league will decide soon so that I can change it.
        We'll probably see something either tomorrow or Wednesday, based upon when we heard about Appert's suspension last week, as well as when the league hands down additional suspensions to other players.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          The box score states "Game Disqualification", therefore he is required to sit out at least one game. I don't know if the league will choose to hand out any further suspensions.

EDIT: Didn't see the 10-minute misconduct earlier in the game, there may be more. Plus, I think I remember seeing one of the new(er) rules is that a game is added for each game DQ received by the player. Maybe just the carry-over between years was implemented.
          You're right on both counts - it's an NCAA rule that each game DQ adds to the games a player must sit out (this isn't new):
          The progressive game-disqualification structure shall be:
          1. First disqualification penalty—that game plus one.
          2. Second disqualification penalty—that game plus two.
          3. Third disqualification penalty—that game plus three.
          4 Fourth disqualification penalty—that game plus four.
          The NCAA did add rules this season that any remaining games to be served for game DQ's carry over until next season, as well as additional game suspensions for players receiving more than 3 game misconduct penalties in a season.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            .... if JFK cannot play, it may be a long night.
            Is there any indication that he might be able to play?

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            I will be in attendance to root on the Engineers. I expect a very good close game either way.
            I will be there as well.

Comment

Some good info in Yale's weekly press release

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...at_ingalls.pdf
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
                Is there any indication that he might be able to play?
                To the best of my knowledge, the only relevant indication is that he said in an interview right after the injury that he was hoping to come back for the Yale game (with the context of the comment indicating that it was most likely wishful thinking).

Comment

talking w/JFK Sat. night at HFH, it's very, very unlikely he plays before BU. As for C.J., anyone know his status?
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    talking w/JFK Sat. night at HFH, it's very, very unlikely he plays before BU. As for C.J., anyone know his status?
                    He's being held out this week for precautionary reasons. I would expect that he's not back til UAH, just to play things safe. Well, that and concussions are funny things.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      He's being held out this week for precautionary reasons. I would expect that he's not back til UAH, just to play things safe. Well, that and concussions are funny things.
                      Burgie-you are so right. They are extremely unpredictable. I did not like hearing that he lost consciousness for 15-20 seconds. Confusion is one thing, loss of sensorum is a whole new ball game. You really cannot tell about these things some times for a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Correct-we matched up well with them last year and could skate with them at their own game. Not sure if this is the case this year. Will need an incredible defensive effort to keep them down.
                        Agreed. I think we are the only ones that can match with them in the league because (of course) systems are similar. The loss of JDA and Pirri will be mitigated in some respect by the fact that we are more mobile on D than last year. This has been the key this year. I would like to see more of Rogic in the Yale game because of his speed. He played well on the kill in the Christmas tourney and might be more suited for the kill against Yale than say Joel because of killer speed. Will be interested in lines because of injuries.
                        Last edited by AspyDad; 12-01-2010, 07:56 PM.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                          Union may have caught somewhat of a break in that it appears that Zolnierczyk may be inellgible for Friday's game due to a DQ vs. BU on Saturday.
                          This is correct, Keith Kinkaid will not have to worry about getting run and then having the perpetrator whine to the referees about how innocent he is after it.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Just spoke to the Yale ticket office and there are still reserved seating and standing room tickets available for both games at Ingalls this weekend. I plan on attending both and look forward to some great hockey.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

RPi will have to have some guys step up that dont usually play. York will need to be huge.
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                RPi will have to have some guys step up that dont usually play. York will need to be huge.
                                Obviously!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X