Bu @ bu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bu @ bu

BU from Providence leads its Boston counterpart after a period, 2-1. Brown jumped out to a very quick 2-0 lead with goals from Fratkin and Zolynierczek. BU responded about halfway through the period with a Ben Rosen goal, and have since seized control of the game. Brown has appeared unfazed, however, and though we have been outshot 17-11, we seem to have maintained our composure and fierceness. BU commentators seem VERY surprised by the quality and energy of this team, and the color guy in particular is impressed by Brown. He has stated on multiple occasions that he's loving this high-tempo, high-action game with lots of chances both ways.

Here's to a similar level of quality for the next two periods, and may the best BU win!

Re: Bu @ bu

thank you for someone following this game..in a car in nj and cant get anything other than this and he scoreboard. Hopefully bu doesnt fall into the trap game mentality and coast thru the next two these brown kids seem to be up and ready for this one.
    time to write new history

Comment

BU ties it up at 2 on a weird goal...Pereira took the initial shot and then followed it up by pushing Clemente into the net. Not sure if that's legal, but the goal stands anyway.

Comment

A plethora of penalties for Brown here; in the midst of a 5x3, Zolynierczek gets called for a trip, extending the advantage and picking up a misconduct for slashing his stick against the boards on the way to the box.

Comment

BU cashes in on the 5x3; 3-2 halfway through the second.

Comment

Hockey East refs. The goalie is pushed into the net by someone in the crease and everything is good. The ref's have taken over so BU doesn't need to play....

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy66 View Post
              Hockey East refs. The goalie is pushed into the net by someone in the crease and everything is good. The ref's have taken over so BU doesn't need to play....
              I have to agree that they seem to be letting quite a few BU fouls go, while calling very menial penalties against Brown. Also the second goal shouldn't have counted under my interpretation of the rules, but we'd need an objective source to clarify the matter.

Comment

Brown ties it on the powerplay!! Not quite sure who got the goal, it was a 4x2 with a cluster of Bruno players in front of the net. 3-3 late in the 2nd.

Comment

And another for the refs.... What are the penalties now....

Comment

3-3 at the end of 2. Brown will begin the 3rd period with the vast majority of a powerplay remaining. This has been a great game so far; I severely regret not going up to see it in person.

Comment

kdiff, we can consider you objective. I noticed that you took both Colgate and Cornell to beat Brown last weekend in the ECAC pick the winner pool, so you can't be considered a homer.....

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy66 View Post
                        kdiff, we can consider you objective. I noticed that you took both Colgate and Cornell to beat Brown last weekend in the ECAC pick the winner pool, so you can't be considered a homer.....
                        Well, I try my best to maintain objectivity. Sometimes it works out better than others. It's a lot easier when I'm not actually at the game.

Comment

4-3 Brown! Brownschidle scores after a sequence where Brown just peppered Millan. He had not help from his defenders whatsoever, and eventually the Bears banged it in.

Comment

Kill me now.

Comment

Great work by Brownchidle, and we didn't have to push the goalie in the net to get the goal...

Comment

Working...
                              X