PDA

View Full Version : Skills Competition Information

TripleE
11-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Does anyone have information (namely times) for the skills competition for this year's frozen four?

Thanks in advance :)

The Rube
11-24-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm gonna take a wild stab and say it'll probably be Fri at around 7ish.

Honestly? Skip that and see the town.

TripleE
11-24-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm gonna take a wild stab and say it'll probably be Fri at around 7ish.

Honestly? Skip that and see the town.

Thanks! I figured as much, but I haven't been to the FF since 2007 so I didn't know if there had been changes. I couldn't find specifics.

As for the advice - we are flying in Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday night! We have every intention of catching a Twins/A's game, spending time at Mall of America, and we still have ample hours on our itinerary to take in a lot of what the twin cities have to offer! But I personally had a blast at the skills competition 3 years ago, so I'm definitely checking it out! I think being there for the All-American announcements and the Hobey ceremony - it really rounds out the year right for a die hard college hockey fan!

Speaking of which.....Any of you Minnesota natives have advice on other unique things to do for a 1st time visit to the state?! :)

The Rube
11-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks! I figured as much, but I haven't been to the FF since 2007 so I didn't know if there had been changes. I couldn't find specifics.

As for the advice - we are flying in Wednesday morning and leaving Sunday night! We have every intention of catching a Twins/A's game, spending time at Mall of America, and we still have ample hours on our itinerary to take in a lot of what the twin cities have to offer! But I personally had a blast at the skills competition 3 years ago, so I'm definitely checking it out! I think being there for the All-American announcements and the Hobey ceremony - it really rounds out the year right for a die hard college hockey fan!

Speaking of which.....Any of you Minnesota natives have advice on other unique things to do for a 1st time visit to the state?! :)

Good luck on Twins tickets: it's the home opener.

You can get a Jucy Lucy (as featured on Man Vs Food/Food Wars) at Matt's Bar, and if you want the meterwurst challenge from Man Vs. Food you can have it at Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit's. (http://www.gasthofzg.com/) They have awesome food, anyway, besides that. For night life, Block E (the main stretch/area of downtown Mpls) has a multitude of restaurants and bars catering to all kinds of people.

If it becomes unseasonably warm, you can always drive around Lake Calhoun, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Calhoun) which is part of the Chain Of Lakes.

Maybe some of the other-siders (St Paulites) can tell you more about that side of the Cities.