ND Irish @ UND Fighting Sioux - Battle of the Human Mascots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND Irish @ UND Fighting Sioux - Battle of the Human Mascots

Since we got swept by the HE Maine Black Bears we have to take it out on the CCHA ND Fighting Irish. It's time to work on the PWR. The Sioux are due for a blow-out win and another sweep. Will the Irish put up a fight?
    A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Re: ND Irish @ UND Fighting Sioux - Battle of the Human Logos

Delete Mascots, insert Logos.
    A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Re: ND Irish @ UND Fighting Sioux - Battle of the Human Mascots

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
      Will the Irish put up a fight?
      I would guess yes.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Nice holiday game for the Sioux to be home against Notre Dame.

Guessing there well be a few UND recruits at the games this weekend with their dads. Seeing that Notre Dame opted to pass up turkey dinner with family and instead travel to Grand Forks to play the Sioux should be an eye opening experience for the recruits, provided that the weather permits them to travel to Grand Forks.

Should be less students but a lot of UND alumni at the game this weekend. Good luck with your holiday travel plans.

Go Sioux! Don't eat too much turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravey, sweet potatoes, pie, ... on Thursday leave some room for sweeping the Irish on Friday and Saturday.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I think we should just tell the Sioux that it's after the first of the year and it's time to kick it into gear.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of my new tagline.
            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
              I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of my new tagline.
              You forgot "drunk." Hostile, abusive and drunk.
              "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Both teams are in the midst of a very difficult part of the schedule. Notre Dame is coming off back to back weekends against Michigan (split) and Michigan State (sweep). After this weekend they have to go to Miami to play the Redhawks. North Dakota's last three series were against Minnesota-Duluth (split), at Wisconsin (sweep), and at Nebraska-Omaha (split).

While a split is the logical, and most likely outcome of this series, a sweep either way would be enormous for that team come March.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                  You forgot "drunk." Hostile, abusive and drunk.
                  This is college hockey...drunk is always implied.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'm part irish, and wholly offended.
                    Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Winner gets to keep the ND logo?

I hope the Micks kick the Featherheads' arses. Erin go braugh(less)!
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Winner gets to keep the ND logo?

I hope the Micks kick the Featherheads' arses. Erin go braugh(less)!
                        Well, as far as the interlocking logo, both schools will keep that. North Dakota used it on uniforms before Notre Dame did, and we have the trademark on it. Notre Dame has the copyright on it.

As far as wanting Notre Dame to beat North Dakota, it would be better for your Gophers if the Sioux won. But, I understand why you would want Notre Dame to win.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Well, as far as the interlocking logo, both schools will keep that. North Dakota used it on uniforms before Notre Dame did, and we have the trademark on it. Notre Dame has the copyright on it.

As far as wanting Notre Dame to beat North Dakota, it would be better for your Gophers if the Sioux won. But, I understand why you would want Notre Dame to win.
                          I hate UND with all my heart. But if it helps the Gophers, then so be it. I shall now cleanse myself in industrial strength Clorox Bleach (you know, the stuff you Sioux fans drink on the weekends). See you on the flipside.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxAviator View Post
                            I'm part irish, and wholly offended.
                            I suggest you petition the NCAAhole with your grievance. Assuming you can find a couple of other Irish who are literate and able to stay sober long enough to sign the petition, your case should be easy to make.
                            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

The thing that I find funny is that it's the day of the game and there are only 14 post on this thread.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X