Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by Harp 34 View Post
    Carey is one heck of a player! IMO this team has played pretty good with all of the new faces. Yale is currently the #1 team and although Feb. 11th is still a few weeks away (pending things hold up) - Out of curiosity when was the last time SLU hosted a #1 ranked team? I remember Miami playing at SLU a number of years ago was #2 at the time and we played them well.
    Mid to late 90's BU came to town ranked #1. We shut them out 2-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Get the Puck Outta Here View Post
      This could carry us into a nice upset over Yale the following weekend. Go Saints Go
      Just a heads up warning to Brandon, Brain, Eric, Pat, Muskie, Tayt, Leckster and anyone else headed to the Yale game next weekend........I just went on the SLU website to try and get tickets and attend the reception prior to the game. SLU's allotment of tickets is already sold out and the only way to buy tickets at this point is to call Yale Directly. Here is the message on the SLU Website:

Game tickets for this event are now sold out. General admission tickets may still be available through Yale directly. Please call Yale Athletics at 203-432-1400 for more information.

Yale is becoming too popular. They need to lose a few games to get people off the bandwagon. When I called Yale for tickets they only have "General Admission" left and even Brown's game tonight is sold old and you can only buy General Admission tickets. My, my, how things have changed in New Haven! If you don't have tickets and plan to go next week you better call quickly as the General Admission will likely sell out too!!!
      SLU

Comment

Thanks Mike, my Dad and I were discussing it as a possibility. However it looks more like a B2 night.

Comment

Thanks, Mike. I'll call tomorrow and see what the situation is.

Comment

Sounds like a lousy tie tonight. Up 4-2 and getting outplayed in the third. I hope we didn't look at Tech's record and think it was going to be easy. Listening to Joe's comments it sounds like he wasn't real happy with how the team played.
            Getting out shot as we did is not a good formula for success even if Weninger plays a good game. Although Tech's record is not very good.....they play in a tough conference (probably the toughest).........I'm hoping for better tomorrow night.
            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
              Sounds like a lousy tie tonight. Up 4-2 and getting outplayed in the third. I hope we didn't look at Tech's record and think it was going to be easy. Listening to Joe's comments it sounds like he wasn't real happy with how the team played.
              Getting out shot as we did is not a good formula for success even if Weninger plays a good game. Although Tech's record is not very good.....they play in a tough conference (probably the toughest).........I'm hoping for better tomorrow night.
              I just checked the box score. Looks like a bit of a different lineup tonight than usual, and we were called for TEN penalties. Between that and the long ride, they must have been exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                I just checked the box score. Looks like a bit of a different lineup tonight than usual, and we were called for TEN penalties. Between that and the long ride, they must have been exhausted.
                The refs definitely helped us out (for once); no question.

Did SLU fly into Green Bay and bus the remaining 4 hours to Houghton like most teams do?

Comment

Very, very discouraging tie tonight. When WCHA refs. whistle 10 on us and only 2 on them, that is a disgrace. It's no wonder ECAC teams rarely win in WCHA barns.

The Brown and Yale games for me are not looking good. The new puppies/training will limit me being able to travel for the time being. Thanks for the heads-up, Mike, on tickets. I hope your roof is still intact after you got slammed with 32" of snow (only 8" here, this time).

I see that the Women's Team lost to Harvard 2-1 tonight in Cambridge. They really have had our number over the years.

Just a reminder that the Saturday game at MTU starts at 5:07 PM.
                  GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    The refs definitely helped us out (for once); no question.

Did SLU fly into Green Bay and bus the remaining 4 hours to Houghton like most teams do?
                    I am not sure on this, but I think they took the bus the whole way. If I'm correct and given that the Saturday night game will be SLU's 6th road game in a row, SLU may run out of gas during that game.
                    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Marsh said in his interview that SLU had taken the bus thru Sudbury ONT.
                      On the penalties, watching the game, I thought all the calls were legit on both teams, though some were surprising in that there was no need. I mean generally it wasn't even in the defensive zone. There were several slashing calls where the SLU player did do it but I really couldn't understand why. Overall it was not a chippy game, or particularly physical, though Tech did lose a player to injury.
                      SLU forwards are certainly shifty and shoot real well. I was surprised how well they were able to move the puck, especially as they entered the zone and got loose for shots where they seemed covered. Still, I expect they will come out better today. I think the second was their best period last night, and they did kind of wilt at the end.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Marsh said in his interview that SLU had taken the bus thru Sudbury ONT.
                        On the penalties, watching the game, I thought all the calls were legit on both teams, though some were surprising in that there was no need. I mean generally it wasn't even in the defensive zone. There were several slashing calls where the SLU player did do it but I really couldn't understand why. Overall it was not a chippy game, or particularly physical, though Tech did lose a player to injury.
                        SLU forwards are certainly shifty and shoot real well. I was surprised how well they were able to move the puck, especially as they entered the zone and got loose for shots where they seemed covered. Still, I expect they will come out better today. I think the second was their best period last night, and they did kind of wilt at the end.
                        You are what your record says you are. But SLU can play. They've got some good players and they have good coaching. They really just need time to gel and to tighten up in the defensive zone. Their losses are mostly coming down to a couple of mental mistakes, not to getting run of of the building. They can skate, they've got pretty good goaltending, they can create some space, and they can shoot. They're fun to watch and in two years they should be very good.

Comment

Man... that's got to be one heck of a long bus ride. I know Leckster said it's hard to get to as even when you fly in you still have a long ride, but busing all the way from Canton.......well, that's old time hockey, eh????

We are in the midst of a horribly long road trip and this is just the middle of it. Excuses aside......we have to play better tonight and from the sound of it besides losing focus from time to time, our biggest achilles heel is staying out of the box. That's a lot of time to play shorthanded even if we did pick up a shortie. But I guess if you are down what amounts to 20 minutes (10 penalties) in the box you have to find some offense even when you are down a man!!!!

Here's to better luck tonight.
                          SLU

Comment

I just got my GA ticket to Yale off of their website, ends up being $15.50 since there is a $5.00 processing charge, but atleast I have a ticket. I'm also planning on being up a Meehan next Friday, but I can't imagine it being hard to find a ticket there... parking on the other hand...

Comment

Mike, thanks for the heads up. I'm leaning at this point to going both to the Brown and Yale games. Guess I'll work on my Yale ticket now!
                              SLU '97

Comment

just as an fyi, the bus that's moving the team around Houghton has a Vermont license plate, so it's a good bet they bussed the entire way.....holy long ride

Comment

Working...
                                X