• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Congrats to the Saints!
    Thanks Mark........
    We hung on for the series win in a tight one. After we got up 2-0 and then Princeton scored I was hoping those missed shots that hit the post wouldn't come back to haunt us. Hopefully this series cemented Carey's status as "ROTY" in everyone's mind!!!

Nice character win by the boys. Now we wait to see if it's Union or Ylae. A tough task either way. I'd prefer Ylae for convenience (I'm a half hour away) and for style of play. Union kind of ground us down in Canton a few weeks ago and I think Ylae's open style of play is a better fit for us. Either way it's a daunting task against either team as they both are really, really good teams.
    It's nice to not have to end the year losing in the first round of the playoffs. Way to go Saints!!!!
    SLU

Comment

Congrats to SLU!

critsports: playoffs don't count for ROTY.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Congrats to the Saints!
        Congrats to the Bobcats as well.

Congrats. to the Saints as we live to see another series. I guess all those road trips this season are paying dividends right now. Still can't believe we were outshot 49-16, including 24-4 in the third, and won. Matt absolutely put on a clinic.

On to Union or Yale.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

WOW. Way to go Saints.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            WOW. Way to go Saints.
            Congrats on a great win!!! I hope to see you guys at The Whale next weekend. Notwithstanding what my legions of friends and fans in NoDak,Minnesota, and Wisconsin think, the ECAC is no walk in the park!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Congrats to SLU!

critsports: playoffs don't count for ROTY.
              Hey Ralph..........thanks.......I pretty much knew that is was regular season stats that they vote on but my thoughts were meant for those who might still doubt he is the right choice!!! Of course we are biased but when you consider what he scored and did on a losing team.......the other candidates (in my opinion) don't measure up as the teams they were on for the most part were far stronger. Carey carried the load for us and did so again this weekend. (Other than the penalty in the third I was cursing him out for!! )
              SLU

Comment

That had to be one awesome game to watch! Listening to the game had me on pins and needles. And my lucky .50 cent piece came thru again, well along with Weninger and Carey. Great job fellas! Keep it going.....
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

This a great series win for this young team. All five goals scored Saturday and Sunday were by freshman and Wenninger played great both nights. The mo really began to turn in Princeton's favor in the 2nd when we took way too many penalties. We need to stay out of the box next weekend against either Yale or Union.

Mike, I almost rather see this team play Union. I think we are due for a couple of wins vs those guys.
                  SLU '97

Comment

Let's Go Saints! No matter what happens from here on out is all good, cause 3 freshmen demanded that their season wasn't over. This is just the tip of the iceberg of a couple great years in front of us.
                    Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Since it decides who we will play next weekend, I am listening to the Colgate-RPI game and will give periodic updates here.

It's 1-0 Colgate about 4 mins. into the 2nd. Raiders scored a SHG in the first.
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Here's a nice tune for tonight

mp3Get this Ringtone

******* type='application/x-shockwave-flash' data='http://static.mp3bear.com/mp3player_wid1.swf' width='340' height='20'>
                        ****** name='movie' value='http://static.mp3bear.com/mp3player_wid1.swf'>
                        ****** name='allowNetworking' value='all'>
                        ****** name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'>
                        ****** name='wmode' value='transparent'>
                        ****** name='FlashVars' value='mp3=http://mikesnoise.typepad.com/noisepage/files/preservation_hall_jazz_band_when_the_saints_go_mar ching_in.mp3&showstop=1&showvolume=1&showinfo=0&width=340'>
                        SLU '97

Comment

RPI and Colgate tied at 1 after 2.
                          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Credit where credit is due: I did not have high hopes for this series, based on the regular-season matchups, the way the team seemed to limp across the finish line, and especially on Game 1. I thought we were toast. Those were two quality wins against a quality team. The freshmen sure stepped up (how good is Carey going to be in a year or two?), but everybody deserves a lot of credit.

No matter what happens next weekend, I'll look at the end of the season as a step forward. It's great for the young guys to play so big in such a big situation, and it's great for the seniors to end up their careers by bringing them along to a strong finish. Nice to see all the patience and hard work of the coaches pay off, too.

Good luck next week!

p.s. thanks for the text message updates during my soccer meeting!!

Comment

RPI has dominated the 2nd and so far in the third, but it's still tied at 1 with just about 11:00 left.
                              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Tremendous road series victory considering the loss they took on friday, great resiliency! It's nice to see the puck bounce in SLU's favor for a change, this team is very young/talented and better than their record would indicate. Congrats on a great weekend - onward, hope to reek more havoc next weekend. S-L-U!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X