Colin Campbell............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Campbell............

I have been asked about my hatred for Colin Campbell on this board. My response was that he is inconsistant in enforcement of the rules. I think this email shows the level of his bias. He should be removed from his job immediately. The onle I'm sure of is that Betman (who is almost as bad as Campbell) will do NOTHING!!!!!!!!

The NHL does not seem to be too alarmed that a email that league vice president Colin Campbell sent in 2007 calling Boston Bruins center Marc Savard a "little fake artist" and "the biggest faker going" has been released.

The email became public record during a wrongful dismissal case against a referee and published at mc79hockey.com by hockey writer Tyler Dellow.

The emails written to the director of officiating also referred to penalties called on Campbell's son, Gregory.

Bill Daly, the league's deputy commissioner responded to the story by saying "any suggestion that Colin Campbell performs his job with any less than 100 percent integrity at all times and in every decision he makes is way off base and just factually wrong."

Campbell said the comments about his son were just "banter back and forth" by a "dad venting" with then-director of officiating Stephen Walkom.
    Fire Chiarelli!

Re: Colin Campbell............

Do you foresee any friction when Savard returns to the locker room and Gregory Campbell is sitting right there?

Gotta be awkward at first, no??
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
      I have been asked about my hatred for Colin Campbell on this board. My response was that he is inconsistant in enforcement of the rules. I think this email shows the level of his bias. He should be removed from his job immediately. The onle I'm sure of is that Betman (who is almost as bad as Campbell) will do NOTHING!!!!!!!!
      I saw the article in the local paper yesterday, and had to laugh (sadly)...after reading what Campbell wrote in his emails, Daly saying that Campbell's integrity is obvious clearly shows that he lacks any as well. Any mention whatsoever of his son in correspondence shows clear conflict of interest and should be grounds for dismissal.

Unfortunately, it was noted yesterday that Dean Warren (the referee Campbell had a vendetta against) lost his wrongful dismissal suit against the NHL with the Ontario Labour Relations Board. The decision baffles me. Can't fathom how the OLRB could possibly rule in favour of the NHL defense that Warren had sub-standard performance when he was invited to officiate in the playoffs 4 of the 5 seasons prior to serving as a union rep, and had laudatory reviews.

My Christmas Wish is for Colin Campbell to be fired too for sub-standard performance. And while you're at it Santa, throw in Bill Daly and Gary Bettman for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
        Do you foresee any friction when Savard returns to the locker room and Gregory Campbell is sitting right there?

Gotta be awkward at first, no??
        Big time. Hopefully Campbell has the decency to apologize for his nutcase father.

Comment

Working...
        X