Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    So who is going to Nebraska for the 9th/10th? I am most likely going and a UMD fan (Michael Carroll) might go. That is all I know of so far.
    we're going!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

I've pondered it.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

So who is going to Nebraska for the 9th/10th? I am most likely going and a UMD fan (Michael Carroll) might go. That is all I know of so far.
        If I were still a student...or retired, I'd be there
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

well I'm afraid count me out. I can only go to the first game so I pass, but what about anchorage. anyone? or maybe Denver at the end of the year.
          I am expecting some positive results this coming weekend. Besides winning, I'd like to see them play without getting out of control emotionally. I'd like to see them stay out of the box, and play their position well, and not give up those big two on one chances. I'd like to see them play really well defensively and keep the rebounds down. I'd like to see them play 60 minutes with some focus. I'd like to see the penalty kill really be effective.I'd like to see them move the puck well, out of the zone especially.

I don't think it's too much to ask.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tech needs to stop the bleeding with CC.

Go back and establish two scoring lines, a solid checking line, and an energy line.
            The checkling line does not allow the opposition to score, the energy line forechecks the heck out of the opposition and capitializes on the turnovers, and the scoring lines need to put the pucks in the net for Tech to win. Play simple, and starting getting WCHA points at CC and yes dare say it unexpected at UNO.

Scoring
            Furne Johnstone Gordic
            Royer Holmberg MacLeod

Checking
            Pietila McCadden Rix

Energy
            Lickteig Witt Schooley

Comment

Huskies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZE4H...eature=related

Comment

Sorry for the double post. I see that fox sports Detroit is only broadcasting the GLI championship game.

Comment

Got my hockey fix this weekend watching Cal beat up on Hancock. Great show! Saw a number of coaches in attendance. Combined shots in the 2 games around 100-20 Cal.
                  Jujhar Khaira, Tech's latest recruit is drawing rave reviews in the BCHL for playing so well as a 16-yr-old rookie to the league who was not previously recruited anywhere but walked on in Prince George this fall; something like 23 pts. in 30 games.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    Got my hockey fix this weekend watching Cal beat up on Hancock. Great show! Saw a number of coaches in attendance. Combined shots in the 2 games around 100-20 Cal.
                    Jujhar Khaira, Tech's latest recruit is drawing rave reviews in the BCHL for playing so well as a 16-yr-old rookie to the league who was not previously recruited anywhere but walked on in Prince George this fall; something like 23 pts. in 30 games.
                    I'm already declaring that we need to call him The Judge.

(Also, he's the only Indian guy I've ever heard of who plays hockey. Huh.)
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                      I'm already declaring that we need to call him The Judge.

(Also, he's the only Indian guy I've ever heard of who plays hockey. Huh.)
                      I think it's a Vancouver thing:
                      Coming from the multicultural haven of Surrey, he’s one of the few South Asian faces in hockey. Along with teammate Faiz Khan, Khaira is part of a growing group of players that includes Canucks pick Prab Rai, Buffalo prospect Kevin Sundher, Boston University’s Sahir Gill and of course Vancouver’s Manny Malhotra.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Sorry for the double post. I see that fox sports Detroit is only broadcasting the GLI championship game.
                        they did that last year too

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Holy crap

If nothing else, I guess he's likely the next Eli.

Comment

John Scott Owns again. Take a look at the article picture:

*****http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__80/ept_sports_nhl_experts-179660503-1290924439.jpg?ymXW4JEDj_CiQStK******

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zWtqSJTSnmk?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zWtqSJTSnmk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-289671

Comment

John Scott Owns again. Take a look at the article picture:
                              ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jElSZFo3XFo?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jElSZFo3XFo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Been awhile since I heard that one, thanks Twitch.

EDIT: In other news, Ed Dempsey was apparently fired by the Spruce Kings last week, as they got off to a rough start and currently sit at the bottom of the BCHL.
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-28-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X