Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

As we are just minutes from faceoff tonight against St. Cloud, I want to throw this out to all of you: The current 13 game losing streak is awful. How awful? Well, USCHO has results going back 13 seasons, and a 13 game losing streak ties for the longest losing streak Tech has had during this era. The woeful 1999-00 Huskies pulled the 13 game streak twice. Luckily, it is almost mathematically impossible for this year's Huskies to do that, but I think it bears mentioning that if Tech were to lose tonight, the 14 game losing streak would be the longest that Tech has seen in these last 13 years, which very likely means that it might be the longest losing streak in the history of the program.

The 14 game winless streak in only surpassed once in the last 13 seasons. All of you should remember it well, since it happened last season. Not even the 4-34-0 Huskies went winless in 14.

I am not quite saying that we are approaching Tim Watters type numbers yet, but...
    Philbert
    ---------------
    Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
    GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

did some looking during tonight's game

there's a 19 game undefeated streak in 70-71, oh those must've been the days

also, a 20 game WIN streak (not undefeated, actual win streak), in 61-62, ****....that would've been awesome to see

so here's what I was looking for, TECHNICALLY......if you go all the way back to the 51-52 season when we were in the MCHL, we had a 16 game losing streak, they were 2-18-0 for the season, their only 2 wins coming out of conference, 2 losses, then 2 wins, and then lost every game the rest of the season, they won the first game of the next season so it stops there...

the MCHL back then was real UofM, Michigan State, UND, fake UofM, CC, and Denver

Comment

this sucks to suffer through as a fan. I can't even imagine what its like for the players, coaches, families. Poor Dirk! I don't know how he even manages to sound interested.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          this sucks to suffer through as a fan. I can't even imagine what its like for the players, coaches, families. Poor Dirk! I don't know how he even manages to sound interested.
          It's the raging hormones. Someday he'll make it through puberty. Someday...
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Sad, just never felt like we were in the game against the 11th place team in the WCHA.

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
            -On 2x1 goal, one guy was pressing too much so SCSU got a 2x1
            -Josh Robinson was outstanding, Lee also played very well
            -In the 1st period, our Wingers were poor in the D zone coming up to challenge the puck at the blue line
            -Point of emphasis was to get wingers to block SCSU shots form the blue line
            -Gubb-Heinonen-Doriott line, good decisions, won battles, confident to put them out there
            -Our defensemen had a lot of D zone turnovers, our breakout needs to improve, need to take ice up the middle, tape to tape passes
            -On our PP, SCSU took away shooting lanes, the guys up top need to get pucks to the net
            -Dirk "how are the spirits in the locker room" - Jamie "to be honest spirits aren't good"
            -we did a much better job back checking, need to generate more offensively, just not able to finish

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              Sad, just never felt like we were in the game against the 11th place team in the WCHA.

-On 2x1 goal, one guy was pressing too much so SCSU got a 2x1
              -Josh Robinson was outstanding, Lee also played very well
              -In the 1st period, our Wingers were poor in the D zone coming up to challenge the puck at the blue line
              -Point of emphasis was to get wingers to block SCSU shots form the blue line
              -Gubb-Heinonen-Doriott line, good decisions, won battles, confident to put them out there
              -Our defensemen had a lot of D zone turnovers, our breakout needs to improve, need to take ice up the middle, tape to tape passes
              -On our PP, SCSU took away shooting lanes, the guys up top need to get pucks to the net
              -Dirk "how are the spirits in the locker room" - Jamie "to be honest spirits aren't good"
              -we did a much better job back checking, need to generate more offensively, just not able to finish
              the breakout was a problem last year and a problem this year again, I would have thought we might have worked on this issue. It is the single most important problem imho of why we lose.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

They should start buying top shelf instead
                Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

The losing continues!!!

-Cousens goal was a great way to get going
                  On SCSU's odd goal:
                  -never seen a goal like that that bounced off the net, very bizarre
                  -we had an empty chance to tie it at 2, but just missed it wide
                  -Getting Olson back would add leadership, best faceoff guy and PK guy
                  -We've got 2 Dmen playing on our fourth line right now
                  -Faceoffs were 9-9 after 1st period, went down after that, we got beat all weekend on faceoffs
                  -Olson wins about 60% of faceoffs
                  -We've been on the road a ton, 8 of next 10 are at home

Comment

If we can't win at least one against St. Lawrence, it's quite conceivable that this streak goes to 20+. After two months off, Olson will likely need at least one series to get back into the swing of things. It's vital that we get him back next weekend in order to have any shot at lulling Duluth or Wisconsin to sleep for an upset win in our barn. The Anchorage trip is long and exhausting, and we're out of bye weeks. Failure to win a game against the Saints means Carnival against Bemidji is our next realistic shot at a win.

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                      did some looking during tonight's game
                      FYI, in case you have not seen this.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/V...CLID=204885310

Comment

Ok, so how are we going to shake this up and put up a "W"? Wear the road jerseys at home? Put the boys up at the Super 8 for the weekend? Wear their jerseys inside out until we win? Everyone must play a new position next Friday, including the goalies? The team dresses in the visitor's lockerroom for both home games? Something else?

St Cloud is clearly a bottom half team this year and to only put up one goal in two games is tough to swallow. I think the streak is now to the point where something radical and borderline stupid must be done for the sake of the players. Regardless of what is said to the public, this has to be hard on the guys and I hope there is something off the wall they can do to just forget about the streak and just go out and play hockey, and win a game for themselves. Not to make the fans happy, not to save Jamie and the staff, not to boost attendance, just to show themselves they can and will win again, and win often. I really hope the public will get behind the team when they come home. I would really hate to see something ugly happen like the team getting booed on our home ice.

When Tech finished last in WCHA one year under Mancini, the rumor is that after the last regular season game the team was told to turn in their gear and they completely cleared out the locker room. The team was told that season was over and a new season was beginning. They then reissued all the gear, and got started preparing to take on #1 Colorado College. Tech proceeded to go out to Colorado and win the WCHA first round series in three games and former player turned Tech radio color man Jeff Mikesch performed one of the funniest victory dances I have ever seen.

I think it is time for something like this to happen. Some of this streak has to be mental, it can't all be lack of skill because the team is not as bad as their record indicates based on what I saw earlier in the season.

Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Well now that I have had a few hours to sleep on it....
                          I would say to the players,
                          one: never, ever, ever, give up.
                          second, keep getting better. it's hard, but do it.
                          three: work on the small things, they add up to a big thing.
                          four: try to keep the outside influences on the outside.

There are some wins out there believe me.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Didn't somebody post the video of Dormrat at SCSU the night he ended up at Stearns County Jail and immedaily improved the average IQ there by 25 points?? I was looking for it, but I can't find it.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Didn't somebody post the video of Dormrat at SCSU the night he ended up at Stearns County Jail and immedaily improved the average IQ there by 25 points?? I was looking for it, but I can't find it.
                              He may have improved the mean IQ, however the formula for determining the IQ of a group is as follows :

IQ of the Smartest Member รท SUM(Group Members)

Comment

That was the ugliest hockey game I've ever watched. Both teams were extremely sloppy and tech just plain gave up in the third.

I hate to say it, but its time for a change. Time to give Cary Eades a call.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X