Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Good news everyone...apparently Mosey and Hepp have been kicked off the team Johnson returned to the USHL and Eddy will at least be out 2 games for SCSU.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      Good news everyone...apparently Mosey and Hepp have been kicked off the team Johnson returned to the USHL and Eddy will at least be out 2 games for SCSU.
      So, you're saying we have a chance? :P
      Philbert
      ---------------
      Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
      GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
        So, you're saying we have a chance? :P
        No, absolutely not.

EDIT: Here's the thing. St. Cloud fans have always ragged on Mosey for floating around a lot, so based on that and his point totals this year, he isn't that big of a loss. Bryce Johnson returned to the USHL because he hasn't played in two months. Hepp was a senior defensemen, but St. Cloud's defense is already pretty awful this year, so I figure that's a modest loss at best. The only really big loss is Eddy, who apparently got his grades up and rejoined the team just in time to get suspended again.
        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-04-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Jamie's notes from Huskies drive time:
          -Pietala had two very nice goal, has shown ability to finish, would like to see that more consistently
          -Tech had a very strong game against Michigan, Josh played well, showed a lot of character, bouncing back after being down
          -Had some chances, and pressed hard in the end
          -With quick turn around, we shortened our bench against Michiagn, that hurt our legs against MSU
          -Liked Gordic, Furne, Mcadden line, wanted to reward Mcadden by putting him with those two
          -Liked Johsnton, Rix, Pietila line, Rix ahd three helpers Sat. and played good D
          -Johnstone, Rix, Pietila line will stay together this weekend
          -We've asked a lot of the freshman, they've been thrown to the wolves, played a top 5 schedule in termms of schedule strength
          -Johsntone is playing all over, and on different lines but is playign well
          -A lot of scoring is coming from younger kids, we don't have a lot of older kids
          -Olson looks like he'll return for St. Lawrence, play it by ear
          -Bennett is quite a ways away, just had an xray and still has some time
          -With Olson's layoff, about 8 weeks, his timing will be off, he can skate this week, so will start to get his legs back
          -Dirk concerned with our winning facoff against MSU but then can't get it out of our zone, Jamie got real technical explaining what MSU was doing

On SCSU
          -Hitting their stride right at the wrong time for the Huskies
          -Big win against Miami
          -It will be an adjustment going back to the big ice
          -We need to produce on the PP, can't take undisciplined penalties
          -SCSU always has had a good PP

On new guys
          -Gubb played first two colegiate games, handled himself very well
          -It was a tought situation, he kept the game simple, worked hard and competed hard
          -On Alan L'Esperance, didn't have enough healthy players against NMU
          -Good size, skates well, he's trying to get a grasp of systems

On World Juniors
          -Canadians played very physical against US
          -clogged a lot of passing lanes, created turnovers

Comment

For the jersey chasing crowd:

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=143111910

*****http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder11330/img9812753med.jpg***********http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder11330/img9812752med.jpg******
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm at the point where I can pick the usual words out of Russell's interviews, and that's about all I need to know.

-"Character"
              -"Chances"
              -"Bounce back"
              -"Short bench"
              -"A lot of freshmen"
              -"Top 5 schedule" (which is because we're the last place team in the WCHA)
              -"Good size, skates well"
              -"Competed hard"

etc.

Comment

I love the "We have the toughest schedule" argument. Tech has the toughest schedule because they're the only team in the WCHA that doesn't get their SOS dragged down by playing Tech.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think what he was saying on the breakout was that msu brought the weak side defenseman down along the boards part way into the zone, effectively creating an odd man situation for them on the weak side. So Tech was trying to go out the other side which almost worked but not quite. Since they have now 4 men deep it could have worked out that we got 2x1's due to trapping that defenseman.
                  However, To me the thing was, we were way too tentative doing this and gave them an opportunity to move around and anticipate our next move. We also did not reverse the puck much and when we did, we telegraphed it. Skating behind the net and quickly reversing the puck while continuing to skate to the weak side would help imho.
                  Last, there were a number of occasions where msu was not set up very well to forecheck us, but we messed around so long that we gave them the time to do so.
                  Regardless we have to do a better job. We end up using a lot of energy chasing around in our own end instead of using that energy to force them to chase us around.So long story short, we need to execute better.
                  Hard to say whether St cloud will do this. I expect St lawrence will though.
                  I think the key to both games is to play physical like team Canada did yesterday, play good positional hockey, and take advantage of our opportunities.
                  I thought jamie did a good job of not blaming anyone, which I liked.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Yeah, I was really hoping Conner would make the line-up then I might have thought about that one. But what will likely end up being $400+ for a warm-up worn jersey doesn't make my list of "must have" jerseys. After Crosby retires and Conner is captian, I might get another Pittsburgh jersey.

And for those who want to jump off the Tech bandwagon, U-Conn is currently building one you can jump on (along with those that have now lost interest in the U-Conn women's bouncyball team).
                    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...t-58th-anymore

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Is it not possible to be on the bandwagon and still be ****ed off about the team's performance?
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

heck yes. but we don't have a wagon. just a band.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Oh, we have a wagon. Its just that its a 50 year old, rusty Radio Flyer with 3 wheels, a bent rear axle and no handle.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We drive a covered wagon. It has a broken tongue and a broken wheel, but we lost all our spare parts and two oxen when we attempted to ford the Menominee River in early November. The entire fanbase has fallen ill with exhaustion, and the doctor turned out to be a banker with medical skill points.

Comment

We don't have a bandwagon. We have a jack-in-the-box.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                We drive a covered wagon. It has a broken tongue and a broken wheel, but we lost all our spare parts and two oxen when we attempted to ford the Menominee River in early November. The entire fanbase has fallen ill with exhaustion, and the doctor turned out to be a banker with medical skill points.
                                Actually, I think you mean fording the Menominee River in October. We were undefeated until we tried to cross the dirty river and go into Wisconsin. We haven't been able to wash the stink off since, 13 games later.
                                Philbert
                                ---------------
                                Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                                GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Working...
                                X