Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

*****http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/ohtheresthecamerap1.gif******

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Cripes, just throw her out to the wolves why dontcha?
      she eats wolves for lunch. Then dines on bears after that as a snack.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Let's GO TECH!!

Comment

Well not to steal anyones thunder because I figure most people saw the game, but...,That's the best effort overall I have seen on some time. Michigan was the better team and exposed our defensive weaknesses at the end. They were quicker and played their positions better.
          A lot of the game Mich was in the trap and we were able with some difficulty to get out of the zone, but at the end they were really pressing on the forecheck and we got to running around. This cost us the third goal as we left a guy open in front after the turn over which was to be expected I guess.
          We did a much better job and are much improved vis a vis the CC series I saw though. The defense was not bad generally and we were fairly good in the offensive zone.We forced them to make mistakes and took advantage. I think it was much different than the average Um fan was expecting.

The refereeing was the best I have seen in some time as well.

the pp was terrible. at one point we had the puck with 3 of our guys in our end and one of theirs and we could not get out. I think if you counted the shots we had on net in all of our pp's together, it was less than 5.
          We left the point uncovered a lot and michigan used the point extensively. We lost the first 11 faceoffs and then did a lot better after that. the shots were real one sided ( 16-6 after one period) but as the second wore on we played better and really were pretty good when UM scored the first one. Our new guy played quite well and dorito being back helped. I liked our line combinations. I liked that jamie did not spend the whole game in the trap but really only used it sporadically.We were using our size well, but Um was much quicker to the loose pucks and this really hurt us.
          The pk was fair.
          Like I say it was a big improvement for us. I agree with some one else who said if we play like this tomorrow we won't lose.
          But we have to do better getting out. We hesitate too often, we have chances to get the puck out if we do it quickly, but we seem to be hesitant or we **** with the puck and next thing you know michigan get's a turnover at the blue line or at the side wall. Happened way too much, but overall I was proud to be a Husky tonight.

Comment

It was like watching a game between the Panthers and the Predators for the first two periods. *snore*

As I'm attempting to quietly storm out of the arena, an old guy in Wings apparel intercepts me and says "Does your goalie play like that all the time?"

I say, "Well, uh, we've got two goalies, both of whom can play like that, or can give up 6 plus"

He says, "Well, I'll tell ya if both UM and Tech play like that, they're gonna blow out the other two tomorrow"

Me, "Heh, yeah we'll see I guess. Thanks."

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Well not to steal anyones thunder because I figure most people saw the game, but...,That's the best effort overall I have seen on some time. Michigan was the better team and exposed our defensive weaknesses at the end. They were quicker and played their positions better.
              A lot of the game Mich was in the trap and we were able with some difficulty to get out of the zone, but at the end they were really pressing on the forecheck and we got to running around. This cost us the third goal as we left a guy open in front after the turn over which was to be expected I guess.
              We did a much better job and are much improved vis a vis the CC series I saw though. The defense was not bad generally and we were fairly good in the offensive zone.We forced them to make mistakes and took advantage. I think it was much different than the average Um fan was expecting.

The refereeing was the best I have seen in some time as well.

the pp was terrible. at one point we had the puck with 3 of our guys in our end and one of theirs and we could not get out. I think if you counted the shots we had on net in all of our pp's together, it was less than 5.
              We left the point uncovered a lot and michigan used the point extensively. We lost the first 11 faceoffs and then did a lot better after that. the shots were real one sided ( 16-6 after one period) but as the second wore on we played better and really were pretty good when UM scored the first one. Our new guy played quite well and dorito being back helped. I liked our line combinations. I liked that jamie did not spend the whole game in the trap but really only used it sporadically.We were using our size well, but Um was much quicker to the loose pucks and this really hurt us.
              The pk was fair.
              Like I say it was a big improvement for us. I agree with some one else who said if we play like this tomorrow we won't lose.
              But we have to do better getting out. We hesitate too often, we have chances to get the puck out if we do it quickly, but we seem to be hesitant or we **** with the puck and next thing you know michigan get's a turnover at the blue line or at the side wall. Happened way too much, but overall I was proud to be a Husky tonight.
              It wasn't the blow-out I expected. So yes in a way you could say they beat expectations..

If only Robinson would/could play that way every game.

PP looked god awful

The pk looked ok except for that last second goal on a freaky kinda play at that.

Why oh why can't tech score a goal and then not give it back within one or two shifts?

Game winner was truely a brutal goal. Tech had at least three opputunities to clear the zone and didn't. So that is still a huge problem that noboby seems to know how to fix. (as ms said too hesitant, or too slow, or flubb up an easy pass right on the tape)

Michigan is a better/faster/more highly skilled team no doubt about it. That skill and speed down low forces tech to collapse the coverage in. Some of this just happens as they start running around. Some of it is part of tech's game plan. We'll give you the points in order to keep you from driving to net. Then hope the shots go wide or the D block the shot or Robo makes the save.

Gubb looked pretty solid.

Better luck today.

GO HUSKIES!

Comment

We got 4th surprise surprise.

Missed some of the game trying to work and then driving home from work. Sounded like Pietela played well. And no Jamie postgame interview, they cut right to men's basketball.

Comment

Now that I'm back from work, here are the happy-happys...

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q16KpquGsIc?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q16KpquGsIc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_eCnWWXRgI?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_eCnWWXRgI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

fortunately we were late getting home. the truck slide backwards down a hill. cooked dinner while listening to the game. sad pandas.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• So looking to 2011-12...

So where do we go from here? Being a glass half-full kind of guy, here are my thoughts. The "Senior" class is non-existant with the exception of Cousens so what we see now is for all practical purposes is also the 2011-12 team and will only be bolstered by next year's class. I think MTU's main problem for several years has been lack of scoring. It's pretty much a given that we give up more than three goals per game (Genoe 3.92 GAA, Robinson 4.56 GAA so far this year) so if we don't put in at least 4 goals per game we have no chance of winning.

Our wins this year (goals scored) are: That school from Canada (5=W), NMU (4=W), LSSU (6=W), NMU (4=T), Mankato (5=W, 5=T). 29 Goals in 6 games (just shy of 5 gpg). Since then only 26 goals in 13 games (2 GPG) and to no suprise, no wins. If Tech had continued score at 5 goal per game clip, the 13 game losing streak would have had Tech 5-3-5 over that same span, completely respectable and gaining an additional 12 pts in WCHA play putting Tech solidly in the top half of the WCHA standings.

So... Looking to 2011-12 here are the current classes of the guys who are scoring over 0.25 ppg, meaing their going to put up a point at least every other weekend: Seniors - 3 (Kattelus, Royer, Cousens), Juniors - 3, Soph - 3, Frosh - 5. Even if Tech could get their scoring up one GPG and drop their GAA by one, I think you would see them easily obtain a 0.500 record overall. Yes, it sounds simple on paper, harder to acheive but that is really the long and short of it. If the puck isn't going into the other teams net on a regular basis, nothing else really matters. Maybe with two upper classmen goalies next year it might just be time to take some more chances on offense and hope that the goaltenders can pull out some big saves here and there to back the team up.

Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: So looking to 2011-12...

Of course the half-empty alternative, is that everyone needs to dress like Ronald McDonald for all games until we get off the "L" streak...

Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Well We need to keep getting better and I think we are slowly doing that, however Tonight was not well played.
                          We need to solve our coming out of the zone problems. The turnovers hurt us a lot. We do not move the puck well and we have to do that better especially in our own zone. But remember our d corps is very inexperienced. Still we were no where as good as last night defensively.
                          But the biggest issue was that Tonight there was really no jump what so ever. From the very beginning. No excitement and n o jump. It was like the feet of everyone were encased in cement.
                          Second, if we are to forecheck two guys like we did at times, those guys need to back check harder.
                          sure we could score more, but we have to be better at defense, And we have to be quicker to loose pucks. All of the goals really were the result of our own miscues.
                          Pietilla played quite well and he got extra ice time it seems to me because of it, even if he did take a penalty he shouldn't have. Johnstone too played pretty good, he made that goal all by himself basically willing the puck in. I'd be interested in the plus minus for our players on this game.
                          I agree that the recruiting class is pivotal if we are to be better next year.
                          BTW, CC has some real snipers, but they couldn't cope with the press um put on at the end.

Comment

Watching both games, it would take a complete numb-skull to not notice a difference in the level of play. Tech and State played with lead in their skates, seemingly carefree. State didn't really play like a winning team, but they managed to start caring more, got more shots on, generated a few good bounces, and just generally sucked less.

From the drop of the puck in the CC/Michigan game, both teams had rockets attached to their skates, and for 55 minutes neither team was interested in settling down and playing better D.

Comment

Tech is now winless in their last 14 games and have lost 13 game straight. We last won a game on October 15th. It has been 77 days since that win. All bandwagoners please get off.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                                Tech is now winless in their last 14 games and have lost 13 game straight. We last won a game on October 15th. It has been 77 days since that win. All bandwagoners please get off.
                                *looks around.......*

But I have nowhere else to Go!!!
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X