Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

David Payne just got some air time on the Red Wings pregame for his work with a breast cancer awareness/fund-raising organization. They also managed to correctly mention that he is a Michigan Tech former player and that Tech is playing in the GLI.
    Last edited by Yager; 12-24-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by Yager View Post
      They also managed to correctly mention that he is a Michigan Tech former player and that Tech is playing in the GLI.
      Maybe they shouldn't have mentioned that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
        Davis Payne just got some air time on the Red Wings pregame for his work with a breast cancer awareness/fund-raising organization. They also managed to correctly mention that he is a Michigan Tech former player and that Tech is playing in the GLI.
        Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Maybe they shouldn't have mentioned that.
        Does Tech know yet?
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

So what you're saying is, the coaching staff made a perfectly reasonable conditioning request (one which is likely written into the team rules), and Trent couldn't or didn't want to quit the cancer sticks.

Yep, an arrogant mistake on the coaching staff's part there JSR. Oh wait, I bet this guy doesn't know anything about what really happened, right?
          Maybe they could have awarded him with a smoke break after each period he scores a goal. You're really grasping.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
            Maybe they could have awarded him with a smoke break after each period he scores a goal. You're really grasping.
            Ah, so smoking is a perfectly healthy habit that we want our coaches to condone. I suppose if Trent was doing blow, you'd be a-okay with him bumping up in the bathroom between periods, as long as he had a hatty every game?

Comment

Hey Coach Russell, I am not implying anything by this link, but with the holidays and the GLI upcoming: http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/20...kys-poor-play/

But hey, let's be creative about our losing. If the streak continues into the next home game, I say we have a paper bag food drive. Come to the game with a food donation or two in the paper bag, to go to the local food pantry. Drop the donation off at the door, and wear the paper bag. Or maybe have the free Dominos Pizza that they give away in the second period go to the person with the most creative/best decorated head covering.

Don't be discouaged by losing, embrace it!
              -----

As far as a player smoking, that is a tough call. On the one hand you want every player to be in the best shape possible, and knowing what we know about smoking today (versus players in the 70's and 80's), a player who refuses to quit smoking for the team could be seen as someone who is not willing to give their all for the cause or to dedicate themself completely to his teammates. Smoking has obvious negative affects on athletic performance, so if the guy doesn't give it up, he is not as dedicated to his craft as he needs to be. On the other hand, what one does to their own body as an adult is a matter of personal choice, and so let the guy make the choice to do blow during intermission, as long as he scores a hat trick around it and doesn't get arrested and he stays academically eligible!
              Last edited by MTUHatTrick84; 12-24-2010, 01:47 AM.
              Philbert
              ---------------
              Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
              GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                Hey Coach Russell, I am not implying anything by this link, but with the holidays and the GLI upcoming: http://beyondthearc.nbcsports.com/20...kys-poor-play/
                Screw travel expenses, it is the bar tab they should be covering. If Techies were not alcoholics already, Tech hockey helped make it true.

That all got me thinking about how much time I have spent in a car traveling to these games over the past 5 years. I estimate it to be just short of 200 hours in car or plane.

Comment

On the other hand, what one does to their own body as an adult is a matter of personal choice
                  Not if he truly wants to be part of an exclusive team, which means following that team's rules, whether you're talented or not.

Comment

Happy birthday to Pretty in Sioux.
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Ah, so smoking is a perfectly healthy habit that we want our coaches to condone. I suppose if Trent was doing blow, you'd be a-okay with him bumping up in the bathroom between periods, as long as he had a hatty every game?
                      I'd be OK with the coaches going for a smoke break if that's what you're suggesting by condoning; it'd likely ease their tension from losing.

Comment

But hey, let's be creative about our losing. If the streak continues into the next home game, I say we have a paper bag food drive. Come to the game with a food donation or two in the paper bag, to go to the local food pantry. Drop the donation off at the door, and wear the paper bag. Or maybe have the free Dominos Pizza that they give away in the second period go to the person with the most creative/best decorated head covering.

Don't be discouaged by losing, embrace it!
                        yes. I like this idea. lets be fun about losing not nasty.
                        Last edited by huskyfan; 12-24-2010, 02:25 PM.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Not if he truly wants to be part of an exclusive team, which means following that team's rules, whether you're talented or not.
                          This. Follow the rules. Pretty simple.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Merry Christmas Tech fans!!

I asked Santa for a GLI win, a good new recruiting class, healed injuries and a .500 season.

I got nothing.

maybe he doesn't know where I am! since I'm traveling for Christmas, I bet he can't find me! yeah, yeah, I bet those presents are waiting for me at home, under a tree in the yard. covered in snow.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Bump.

GLI roll call?

Yager will be present. A Kolbus will be present, as well.

Comment

Tyler Gubb has been added to the roster for GLI.

Comment

Working...
                                X