Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Not sure about the resignation, but I tend to think that if they finish 4th at the GLI, which is one of the largest alumni events of the year, the writing will be on the wall regardless of any second half improvement. Even 3rd place may not be enough.
    So is there going to be paper beg protest at the GLI this year, to send a message?
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      So is there going to be paper beg protest at the GLI this year, to send a message?
      I'm bringing a paper bag, not sure about anyone else.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        Only if you cover your face to save us the pain.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Only if you cover your face to save us the pain.
          Don't hate me because I'm so ruggedly handsome.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Another painful loss,

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
            Thought effort was there for 60 mins, believe in both Josh and Kevin, but we need some saves
            Shots were even, We gave up 6 they gave up 2, we need a big save at a critical time
            Our PP could've been a little stronger
            NMU won the faceoff most of the time when we were on the PP, takes time to bring puck back in etc
            MacLeod played well, Witt was moving his feet, physical, good deciions, got more ice time
            Play 8 forwards consistently, rotated others, Evan Witt got more ice team as game went on
            Seigo and Cousens are playing so many mins, probably too many mins

Comment

Are we seriously going to blame this loss on goaltending alone? C'mon Jamie.

Comment

For those of you who don't visit the Cafe. Thrown together in 10 minutes, sung to the tune of "On Wisconsin!"

For the record, I have been drinking (duh ):

Fire Russell!
                Fire Russell!
                Booze to numb the pain!
                Pass the puck, we really suck,
                I think I'm going insane!
                Fire Russell!
                Fire Russell!
                Can't clear our own zone!
                I'd rather re-watch Attack of...the...Clones!

Comment

painful. (the game not the song)
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I'm bringing a paper bag, not sure about anyone else.
                    Remember, if somebody starts a GLI thread, one should probably suggest that they use paper shopping backs instead of Plastic Shopping bags. Wouldn't want some Sparty or Wolverine fan showing up there with a plastic bag on their heads and having an issue with it.

It just happens.

Comment

A good 60 minute effort by the Huskies led to a 6-2 loss to a slightly above average CCHA team. Listening to the coach, we have played with good effort for the last 120 minutes and have been outscored 9-1. During this 12 game winless streak, we are giving up an average of 5.36 goals per game (the lowest total being 3, the highest being 7, and multiple 4-5-6 goal games). We are scoring 2.36 goals per game in that stretch. During this awful stretch of hockey, we are losing by an average of 3 goals per game. During the losing streak, we haven't even been in a one-goal game. I don't feel like looking up where these number would fit in terms of national team offense and defense, but I would suspect that the bottom would be near.

The longest losing streak in the nation, as the game recap pointed out.

The systems are broken. The players are broken. The program culture is beyond broken. Looking at Russell on the post game interview they showed on the news last night, he looks broken.

I was told last night on the drive down that firing the coach would set the program back for a few years and that if there is any hope at all, we might be better to keep the current system in place. No offense, but really? Set the program back a few years? You mean set it back more than the 7-9 win seasons that Russell is known for? Even in the worst year of hockey ever, the team still found a way to win 4 games. This team needs stability to win? Well, 7.5 seasons of stability have brought us to this point.

Do we bring in talented players? Yeah, I think so. As has been mentioned before, they seem to fade as they age. Will the same thing happen to Gordic, Seigo, etc.? I hope not.

Remember, your tuition dollars go in part to support the athletic department through fees and such. These players are receiving the education for free that you pay $20,000+/year for. Coach Russell is drawing a salary that is greater than the majority of the professors who prepare you to create the future (I am only considering what he gets from the school as salary). Shouldn't we demand more for the money?

I can accept losing, but losing 11 in a row is unacceptable. Let's just fast forward to March so we can start over.
                      Philbert
                      ---------------
                      Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                      GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Pretty disappointing, especially the goals against. I hope the coach is not blaming, I hope what he is doing is just explaining what happened. A long way to go still, unfortunately.
                        I know it was finals week and I didn't expect a great game but would have liked fewer goals allowed.
                        I guess it shows how far behind we have fallen.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                          Do we bring in talented players? Yeah, I think so. As has been mentioned before, they seem to fade as they age. Will the same thing happen to Gordic, Seigo, etc.? I hope not.
                          Don't be shocked if Seigo signs a contract next summer, 'specially if/when Russell loses his job. Why waiting to see who the new coach is and what his "systems" will be, when you could be getting quite a bit of ice time in the minors? Olson is also as good as gone.

This team is a disaster it is painfully obvious that out of the remaining healthy players, about 1./2 of them maybe have enough talent to play for one of the bottom ECAC teams.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Are we seriously going to blame this loss on goaltending alone? C'mon Jamie.
                            Genoe could've stood on his head last night and they wouldve lost. Terrible job by Russell to blame the goalies, when Hattrick is right - the 'systems' are broken.

Comment

(sigh)

don't know what to say

its last season redux
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                (sigh)

don't know what to say

its last season redux
                                You could say what you always say- Russells a great guy, we can't get rid of him, he's bringing stability to a program that hasn't had any. This would have been the second (or third) year of a new coach and a rebuilding process if I would have had my way. But hey, the AD gave you all what you wanted a couple years ago, two more years of Russell, so enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X