Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
    Tech might as well just field a whole team of related people from Houghton/Hancock/Calumet/etc and Brighton...Probably wouldn't be any worse than now, and wouldn't be hard to do. Nevermind the fact that John Kivisto's family cheering section took up pretty much an entire section of seats by themselves
    Do any of them have any eligibility left??
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

just as an update, I know a couple people have heard, but Doriott has a torn MCL, from Dirk's broadcast of the UNO game, I can say with 99% confidence that it's his left leg....(like it matters)

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
        just as an update, I know a couple people have heard, but Doriott has a torn MCL, from Dirk's broadcast of the UNO game, I can say with 99% confidence that it's his left leg....(like it matters)
        Michigan Tech cannot have nice things.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          superintendent chalmers?
          Yep!
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
            Depending on the grade of the tear, the recovery time should be about 4-8 weeks (for a Grade III), provided there was no additional knee damage. A grade lower, and the recovery time is 2-4 weeks. So, saying 4 weeks, he would be back in time for St. Lawrence. If he goes 8 weeks, sometime around Carnival. If there was ACL damage as well, see you in the offseason.

This is unfortunate, as I think he was really making strides at learning the wing.

Now, is the team allowed to have people practice with them during the season that are not on the roster, perhaps trying to earn a walk-on role next year? For example, a player might practice with them with the intent of walking-on next year? I don't know how these things work. However, if it does not work that way, then our new freshman is practicing with Tech for the first time this week and will likely play on Friday. Even more scary, he will not have been exposed to the collegiate speed of play, and will be playing his first game against people that have been playing at this speed for 2.5 months now.
            Philbert
            ---------------
            Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
            GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
              Now, is the team allowed to have people practice with them during the season that are not on the roster, perhaps trying to earn a walk-on role next year? For example, a player might practice with them with the intent of walking-on next year? I don't know how these things work. However, if it does not work that way, then our new freshman is practicing with Tech for the first time this week and will likely play on Friday. Even more scary, he will not have been exposed to the collegiate speed of play, and will be playing his first game against people that have been playing at this speed for 2.5 months now.
              I think it's the exact same situation as Heinonen last year. He tried out in the fall, was the "last cut", and told to wait by the phone and stay in shape just in case what happened, happened. I don't know how much practice time the tryouts get.
              But I've heard he's had no problem filling Trent's skates at PL
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'd take a team filled with Kivistos, Helminens, Kittis, Pietalas, etc. Remember how hard Lars used to play?
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Glad to hear it. from Heisenberg's list it is iffy, and fairly small. Another class like this one would be terrific news.
                  I guess your list got a little bigger. David Johnstone of Indiana Ice (from MSU's backyard) has changed his mind and has committed to Tech.

Comment

Surprise, surprise - David is Jacob's younger bro. Never would've guessed.

He's committed for 2012. You can also add Justin Fillion to our list of 2011 recruits.

Comment

Interesting to see that we're still getting commitments. I wonder if the players and their families know something we don't?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Interesting to see that we're still getting commitments. I wonder if the players and their families know something we don't?
                        My guess would be virtually guaranteed playing time. Basically, at this point if you're healthy and not wanted by the law you're playing.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Surprise, surprise - David is Jacob's younger bro. Never would've guessed.

He's committed for 2012. You can also add Justin Fillion to our list of 2011 recruits.
                          this is good news. We could use some quality guys.

Yes I think they do.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          My guess would be virtually guaranteed playing time. Basically, at this point if you're healthy and not wanted by the law you're playing.
                          I don't agree. I think looking at who is coming back and who is graduating, there is not all that much room. But having a bigger roster is a real good thing in a lot of ways. You never know when that guy who was just above average in jr's, and who no one really wanted, turns into a diamond kid who keeps developing and is someone really great. It gives the coach a lot of leeway in a lot of ways. I'd like to see us carry about 4 more than we carried the last two years.
                          If you look at the michigan posts, and news releases, they generally play a freshman very little until he has proved he won't be a defensive liability. Repeat, a defensive liability.

However a bigger question really, are these recruits going to make the team better? Are they the type guys that the DU's of the world are wanting to get? Can they play in other words?
                          In another thread someone said winning is 90% recruiting and 10% coaching. I agree completely.
                          On another subject, is anyone else going to be at the GLI? I am sitting in section 105. Would be great to connect with other posters.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Most of the Misfit/honorary Misfit/USCHO poster attendees buy the cheap tickets and tend to congregate one section over from the pep band (I think it's section 202b, 203a, or something like that).

I'm pretty sure those of us who are going will be hard to miss. Beer will be consumed, and obnoxious cheers performed (sarcastic if deemed necessary).
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-16-2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Most of the Misfit/honorary Misfit/USCHO poster attendees buy the cheap tickets and tend to congregate one section over from the pep band (I think it's section 202b, 203a, or something like that).

I'm pretty sure those of us who are going will be hard to miss. Beer will be consumed, and obnoxious cheers performed (sarcastic if deemed necessary).
                              I usually buy expensive seats on day 1, and cheap ones on day two. It used to be harder to get seats than it is now, so I have this bad habit...Having said that it's pretty easy to sit where ever you want as you know.. There are a lot of top hockey people from all over that come to these games, so it's interesting to chat them up, But most of them sit in the lower bowl.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I usually buy expensive seats on day 1, and cheap ones on day two. It used to be harder to get seats than it is now, so I have this bad habit...Having said that it's pretty easy to sit where ever you want as you know.. There are a lot of top hockey people from all over that come to these games, so it's interesting to chat them up, But most of them sit in the lower bowl.
                                Attendance was definitely down last year. They've been hitting the ads pretty hard on local TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X