Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Thats too easy. It will end up being a catostrophic failure of the ice refrigeration system. Then we'll have to decide between playing the final series with UND at the Berry, or at Houghton County.
    Why not just move the games to the Ralph? Tech will be there the next weekend any way.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Thats too easy. It will end up being a catostrophic failure of the ice refrigeration system. Then we'll have to decide between playing the final series with UND at the Berry, or at Houghton County.
      Screw that, I'd say play it at the Dee. It'd be crazy in there.
      Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Why not just move the games to the Ralph? Tech will be there the next weekend any way.
        We could just play Bye U instead. We'll lose that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Because the hockey team, bad as they are, shouldn't be punished by having to spend an entire week in Grand Forks helping to fill sandbags.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Because the hockey team, bad as they are, shouldn't be punished by having to spend an entire week in Grand Forks helping to fill sandbags.
            Why not? They might actually succeed at something for once.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
              Screw that, I'd say play it at the Dee. It'd be crazy in there.
              It would be just as crazy as the 8 people still interested in the team could make it.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'd love a to see an MTU game in the Dee...they though we were drunk at the JMSIA....they haven't seen anything yet

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                  I'd love a to see an MTU game in the Dee...they though we were drunk at the JMSIA....they haven't seen anything yet
                  Bring Your Own Beer!

Comment

Another for the what should be "talk about John Scott fighting instead of Michigan Tech hockey"-thread.

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_VNZ-XiFz0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_VNZ-XiFz0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Comment

I went back and visited the Dee during the cc series. The gremlins had a game there that day.

The balconies have been removed which is where I sat for two seasons and which would reduce capacity some now. The band was there back then and you looked down almost directly on the goaltender from the bands perch. The chain link fencing has been removed and lexan or some other product replaces it. The ice was fine though. Tech would win those games now I'm pretty sure. That rink was a built in 2 goal advantage.
                      Back then there was so much demand for tickets that as a student you could not buy a season ticket, only a half season ticket. either friday or saturday. It was about 60 dollars for a full half season ticket, and of course everyone went. Everyone. I would go down to the rink on the off day, usually saturday and buy standing room about 5 pm for the other game.This was a dollar I think. The rink seated about 1500 but there was usually about 2000 in there. And boy was it loud. And of course un heated.Tech played a much different system then which suited the rink as the ice surface was extremely small.
                      I remember the walk down to the rink and home from campus especially after new years. The height of the sidewalks was above the roofs of the cars and of course the snow squeaked so much. No one spoke, and there were hundreds of students walking home at the same time. Then we'd all go out and work on the snow sculptures and drink Boone's farm or MD 20/20.
                      the two best games I saw there were against the US olympic team in 69?, and against UMD in 70-71. And there were some epic games against msu and umich too.this was always carnival. I remember und as just an ordinary team, not all that great really. No one really thought of them as a threat.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

cool memories!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

bbdl, this is for you.
                          I know you like country music and that's what this is, european country music.( The video is VERY Italian)
                          I think you'll like the singer too., she's what they call a Coloratura.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFZgVBtlULg
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Desmet Jersey For Sale

For those of you looking for a unique MTU alumni souvie, I'm going to be purchasing two jerseys of Desmet (of Run DMC Line fame) from his team Brunico SG in Italy (images below) that will be used for 8 games over the holiday season. He already has over 30 points in just 24 games! I'm going to ship them both over together to keep the cost down. If anyone is interested I'll sell the other for $155 including shipping in the US. If you are interested, drop me a line at info@johnsonsjerseys.net.

Ryan J

*****http://lh3.ggpht.com/_LigBxWrWzkw/TQVfnAStWdI/AAAAAAAAFJk/WZwdz9wW_wI/s512/HC%20Pustertal%20Senior%202010%20X-mas_yellow_frei.jpg******
                            *****http://lh4.ggpht.com/_LigBxWrWzkw/TQVfndsNVuI/AAAAAAAAFJo/HXx7Kb7tK7k/s512/HC%20Pustertal%20Senior%202010%20X-mas_grey_frei.jpg******
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Did anyone hear drive time? I heard at the paint store that at least one student was recruited this week.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I couldn't get pasty.net to load this morning and it looks like it still isn't working. So no drive time update from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X