Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

I vote that the Misfits bring a couple brooms to the next home series (SLU), and throw them on the ice when the Saints complete the sweep.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I vote that the Misfits bring a couple brooms to the next home series (SLU), and throw them on the ice when the Saints complete the sweep.
      Find something else, that was done after a split last year
      Originally posted by Twitch Boy
      Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

If you feel that you need "real college hockey" after tonight's game, FSD is replaying The Cold War. And then there is the Big Chill at the Big House tomorrow.

Time to pull a Twitch and switch allegiances?
        Philbert
        ---------------
        Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
        GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

The University has to sit down and discuss the fact that the hockey team is an embarassment to the University.

I'm not mocking the team as hockey is the most difficult sport to play and to play it shorthanded is impossible. However, I think the CCHA would offer the team a chance to compete. It is clear that unless drastic changes are made, there is no way this team can compete in the best league in college hockey.

However, Tech has a proud tradition, Tech alumni are in leadership roles all around the world, Tech cannot continue this futility.

Three years in a row with the injuries is unbelievable.
          It is time for the Tech administration to do something.
          I think Jamie has another good class coming in next year.
          But, the injuries is the item to address.

Get it right Tech, this is freaking embarassing....Do something to address it.
          The G.L.I. is again upon us and the alumni are going to be disgusted yet again.

Comment

Oh I'm sure your team will get all amped up for the game next Friday night. The Institution judges the whole program on how you beat your "rival," doesn't it? I mean what is more prestigious, an NCAA tournament berth or deciding which player deserves the Wildcat slayer award?
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
              If you feel that you need "real college hockey" after tonight's game, FSD is replaying The Cold War. And then there is the Big Chill at the Big House tomorrow.

Time to pull a Twitch and switch allegiances?
              **** that. Screw michigan hockey. There was actually real hockey on FSN North tonight, now that was an entertaining game.

And to the comment that tech should move to the CCHA. Horrible idea. We've discussed it before, its not happening. Tech can't afford to not be in the WCHA.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Russell almost certainly will not survive the season with another 4th place GLI finish.

The CCHA is not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  The University has to sit down and discuss the fact that the hockey team is an embarassment to the University.

I'm not mocking the team as hockey is the most difficult sport to play and to play it shorthanded is impossible. However, I think the CCHA would offer the team a chance to compete. It is clear that unless drastic changes are made, there is no way this team can compete in the best league in college hockey.

However, Tech has a proud tradition, Tech alumni are in leadership roles all around the world, Tech cannot continue this futility.

Three years in a row with the injuries is unbelievable.
                  It is time for the Tech administration to do something.
                  I think Jamie has another good class coming in next year.
                  But, the injuries is the item to address.

Get it right Tech, this is freaking embarassing....Do something to address it.
                  The G.L.I. is again upon us and the alumni are going to be disgusted yet again.
                  I have to wonder, if he were still alive today, what Coach MacInnes would say about the state of the Michigan Tech Hockey program today. What would his reaction be to the once-proud program that he built and brought to prominence dwelling in the ruins of today?

555-295-39, 7 WCHA Titles, 3 NCAA Titles. It was a different era, sure. But it is still depressing to walk into the arena and see the banners, the years of success, on the far wall of the arena, and realizing how far this team is from contributing a lasting memory to that illustrious history.

But move to the CCHA? I don't like the idea. There is absolutely zero stability in the CCHA, and the existence of that conference in the premier category is tenuous at best. With the changing landscape of college hockey, I think we are better where we are at and trying to improve here. Think about how much damage the CCHA gets if MSU/UM/OSU (ok not so much there) break off into the Big Ten if that ever happens. At least there are good programs in the WCHA with great history to offset the loss of UW/Minn. The CCHA is left with premier programs with recent front-runner Miami and ___? Maybe Notre Dame?

We might finish higher in the CCHA, but the revenue split from the conference tournament is minimal compared to what we get in the WCHA. The WCHA and its fans know how to put on a party in St. Paul. The CCHA has a half empty Joe Louis Arena and Detroit.

Losing sucks, but moving to that other conference is definitely not the answer. There are quality teams in both conferences, but look at March, and you will see which conference is the place to be.
                  Philbert
                  ---------------
                  Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                  GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Now this is just a low blow.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Oh I'm sure your team will get all amped up for the game next Friday night. The Institution judges the whole program on how you beat your "rival," doesn't it? I mean what is more prestigious, an NCAA tournament berth or deciding which player deserves the Wildcat slayer award?
                      That and our team has this newfound habit of breaking winless streaks.
                      Always a Wildcat...
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Hey fake soldier boy, you better still be planning on coming over tomorrow after your other commitments are over.

Biddco, I figure you'll check this sometime tonight or tomorrow. If you're in the cities, you can come over too. If you want, I might be convinced to let your girlfriend in the house.
                        Already have plans Thanks though!
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I know this picture is hardly fair to either goalie, since this streak isn't really their fault. Nonetheless, the temptation was just too great. Please consider it a reflection upon the entire team. Sorry Kevin:

*****http://i6.***********.com/albums/y227/association330/tech-goalie-beachball.jpg******

I must say, sweet mask art though. Since I did nick this image from a hockey photographer, I should cover my arse legally, just in case:

Original photograph ©2010 Michelle Bishop. Fair use claimed under parody. If the copyright holder requests that I remove this image, I will do so ASAP.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-11-2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

notes from Nebraska:

I just couldn't imagine hockey in Nebraska. guys in cowboy hats and boots at a hockey game? its all true. the Qwest Center is very large and very nice. its a mixed venue arena - hockey, basketball, concerts and convention center - not the best place to watch hockey. the ice was crap. the press boxes are WAY above the ice so I wouldn't fault Dirk if he made some errors - literally three times higher than at the SDC. the concessions were good. not Denver good but good. best beer selection in the WCHA!! by far! Peroni, Amstel Light, Guinness, Dos Equis, you name it they had it. SPATEN!! yes, the beer selection is by far the best. the fans seem to know the game and cheer at appropriate times. the "Red Army" - the student section - seemed a little sad - about 10 on Thursday night - more on Friday, including our own Yager, who sat with them. normally I would think that very lame but I have reason to believe a woman was involved so all is forgiven. Tech had a very small turnout - we badly miss MeG and her cowbell. props to the guys sitting in front of us who started the "we want Hatchey" cheer after a UNO goal.

ok. said all the nice things. now I'll get nasty. worst hockey atmosphere ever. lame announcer, lame contests, lame frozen fish thing and the go cart that runs out to pick it up. is there no shame? ice integrity and all that? there is no band and the little bit of music is awful. the huge Daktronics scoreboard isn't all that good although they did do a couple of cute bits with it. the most painful part was a salute to teachers with the announcer singing (to the tune of "for he's a jolly good fellow") 'for they are very good teachers'. all in all not much hockey fun. then, to add injury to insult, they called themselves "the best fans in college hockey". really? I think their fans would be amazed to visit the SDC and hear our band and the fun stuff the Misfits do. their heads would explode in the Ralph or the Kohl Center.

in a later post, I'll address hockey. film at eleven.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

well hmmm...
                              hockey first. If I were coach I'd be buying every player a beer tonight. I think they played real hard, they made a huge, huge leap forward in quality and effort and it just wasn't their night. I am not disappointed at all. Sure I like to win, but at least not be embarrassed, And apparently CC is not as bad as we thought.
                              The goal has to be to continue to get better and they did that. I think uno has a real quality defense and we had trouble with it. I would certainly be looking for ways to improve and there were of course breakdowns, but if they give that kind of effort every game we should be a lot better each and every game.I can't imagine a team who had given up or who had been lost, giving this kind of effort.
                              Like I said before, let's play our best in March.
                              I am real interested to hear what coach has to say at the luncheon at GLI.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                notes from Nebraska:

ok. said all the nice things. now I'll get nasty. worst hockey atmosphere ever. lame announcer, lame contests, lame frozen fish thing and the go cart that runs out to pick it up. is there no shame? ice integrity and all that? there is no band and the little bit of music is awful. the huge Daktronics scoreboard isn't all that good although they did do a couple of cute bits with it. the most painful part was a salute to teachers with the announcer singing (to the tune of "for he's a jolly good fellow") 'for they are very good teachers'. all in all not much hockey fun. then, to add injury to insult, they called themselves "the best fans in college hockey". really? I think their fans would be amazed to visit the SDC and hear our band and the fun stuff the Misfits do. their heads would explode in the Ralph or the Kohl Center.
                                Sorry for the double post. This is no surprise I guess,every team thinks their fans are the best in college hockey, except maybe DU which has a total of 4. I think they can be forgiven for the mistakes in atmosphere, but the ice surface, ugh. they have to fix that. I wonder what some of the other teams have to say about it. I wish we had a huge video capable scoreboard, just don't let mitch run it.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X