Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
    I get that injuries aren't really anybody's fault, for the most part. I am too lazy to go back and analyze how many of the injuries fall into the "freak hockey accident" category, which might be related to something that could be changed, and non-hockey injuries. But really, this is the third year in a row that we are pulling out the "half the team is injured and so we are in the tank" card.

Are we recruiting players made of glass? Is everybody we recruit seemingly a relative of Matthew Stafford, and can't stay healthy for more than 3 games? It seems that Tech is a statistical anomaly with injuries.

I still want to blame it on the Curse of the CCHA, and that we are being punished for leaving our conference in the early 80's and then coming back. Things have not been the same since.

As far as injuries go, I see it this way: Once is an aberration, twice is a trend, and thrice is a culture.
    So far.....**knocks on wood** our freshman are healthy....it's just our upperclassmen...so maybe they're made of titanium when they get here, and then once they get through freshman year, Bangen turns them to glass....

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Doriott's out for a month, minimum.
      You know you're cheering for a ****ty team when this is a problem.
      Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Well the injuries do assure one thing. we will be lot better in february than we are right now. Our next WCHA series is in 4 weeks. By then we should have Olson, Royer and maybe Doriott back.

I think tonight will be a tough game. guys walking wounded. uno physical, ice surface terrible, etc. I think it will be closer than last night because I think the guys are fixing their issues.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Let's put that into perspective.

Imagine tUMD missing both Connollys, Fontaine, Oleksuk, Huttel, and Danberg. That's what we're up against here.
          Except that those players are.....good.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Oh sweet Jebus someone do this at the next home game.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I chuckle everytime someone links to one of GLM's articles.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• But you will get suspended from USCHO if you start tossing out that food item.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Interesting article.

Certainly the shots have to be kept under control better. What we don't do is, once the trap shuts them off or get's them to the edge, we don't do a very good job of converting that to an offensive opportunity. So because of that the other team is more offensive still. If we could score off some turnovers, or move the puck out from near our blue line better, we'd force them to stay back a little more.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101210/MAVS01/101219986
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    But you will get suspended from USCHO if you start tossing out that food item.
                    What? No, that's not waffles, that's paREDACTEDes
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                      What? No, that's not waffles, that's paREDACTEDes
                      Hey fake soldier boy, you better still be planning on coming over tomorrow after your other commitments are over.

Biddco, I figure you'll check this sometime tonight or tomorrow. If you're in the cities, you can come over too. If you want, I might be convinced to let your girlfriend in the house.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Hey fake soldier boy, you better still be planning on coming over tomorrow after your other commitments are over.

Biddco, I figure you'll check this sometime tonight or tomorrow. If you're in the cities, you can come over too. If you want, I might be convinced to let your girlfriend in the house.
                        Planning on it - something tells me I'll want a drink.
                        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                          Planning on it - something tells me I'll want a drink.
                          Not a problem with that. You'll deserve one after a tough day.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Just forfeit every game until we get Olson back.

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoblack&gold View Post
                              just forfeit every game
                              fyp

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I am torn. The coaching staff is happy with the effort, and I am not going to complain about it. Just stupid mistakes and not creating things in the offensive zone.

If a good effort produces another loss, how do we feel about the rest of the season? I am going to try to (force myself to) stay optimistic and say that we will turn this thing around as soon as the new year hits!
                                Philbert
                                ---------------
                                Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                                GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Working...
                                X