Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
    Edit:

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the "Our Band Can Beat Up Your Band" banner, please let me know, the band is currently looking for it....
    It is Zach Simpson's property. It is on loan to me so I have it right now.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

yager, you went. was it as bad as last week? FwIW Doriott played wing ok last week. That's why the coach moved him up.
      Whats up with Royer?
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Whats up with Royer?
        Broken foot, out indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Broken foot, out indefinitely.
          so we have, Baker, Olson, Royer, Doriott, kattelus, schooley, plus two guys playing only slightly hurt. Am I right. did I miss anyone.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
            It is Zach Simpson's property. It is on loan to me so I have it right now.
            The band wants it for GLI, so you should work on that

Comment

so we have, Baker, Olson, Royer, Doriott, kattelus, schooley, plus two guys playing only slightly hurt. Am I right. did I miss anyone.
              Hietila is out just on a healthy redshirt, bet Russell's kicking himself in the *** for that one

Plus Cramer with the broken fingers, but he never plays...no big deal

Comment

I'd be surprised if MTU isn't allowed to ask the NCAA permission to use Hietila and not have hime redshirt.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  What is the longest losing/winless streak for Tech during the Russel era?
                  15 game winless streak. I can't remember the year, I just remember that I looked it up last week. It very well may have been last year.

As mentioned in the game thread, this is Tech's 6th year having a 10+ game winless streak since I started at Tech in the fall of 2002. 66.7% of the time, we lose more than a quarter of our season in a row.

Edit (repeated):

Year/Longest Unbeaten/Longest Winless
                  03-04/3/7
                  04-05/5/13 (also a 1 win in 19 game stretch)
                  05-06/4/10
                  06-07/4/6
                  07-08/4/5
                  08-09/3/13
                  09-10/1/15
                  10-11/5/10
                  Last edited by MTUHatTrick84; 12-09-2010, 11:00 PM.
                  Philbert
                  ---------------
                  Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                  GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                    The band wants it for GLI, so you should work on that
                    Zach will be there and will have it. Let your goons know.

Johnstone got shooken up in the first period. Not sure if you are including him in the slightly hurt category but he definitely didn't look great tonight and that would explain it.

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                    As mentioned in the game thread, this is Tech's 6th year having a 10+ game winless streak since I started at Tech in the fall of 2002. 66.7% of the time, we lose more than a quarter of our season in a row.
                    That is just insane.
                    Last edited by Yager; 12-09-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Let's put that into perspective.

Imagine tUMD missing both Connollys, Fontaine, Oleksuk, Huttel, and Danberg. That's what we're up against here.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

If we aren't getting rid of the whole staff at the end of the year, then they at least need to can Bangen or hire a "hockey only" trainer. This is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                          Hietila is out just on a healthy redshirt, bet Russell's kicking himself in the *** for that one

Plus Cramer with the broken fingers, but he never plays...no big deal
                          Hietila is in a sling.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Hietila is in a sling.
                            seriously? I thought for sure he was a healthy redshirt....guess we're screwed there too

Saw Cramer today with a cast on his right hand...looked like at least 2 fingers broke

Comment

I can in fact confirm a Yager sighting at the Qwest Center this evening. He staggered his way up to the Red Army section, beer in hand. Looked like he was enjoying himself. I also spotted maybe 20 or so other Techie fans around the arena. I would like to apologize to Tech fans for the horrid ice conditions this evening. It's usually not good, but tonight was just gawd-awful. Softer than a slurpee at 7-11.

Comment

I get that injuries aren't really anybody's fault, for the most part. I am too lazy to go back and analyze how many of the injuries fall into the "freak hockey accident" category, which might be related to something that could be changed, and non-hockey injuries. But really, this is the third year in a row that we are pulling out the "half the team is injured and so we are in the tank" card.

Are we recruiting players made of glass? Is everybody we recruit seemingly a relative of Matthew Stafford, and can't stay healthy for more than 3 games? It seems that Tech is a statistical anomaly with injuries.

I still want to blame it on the Curse of the CCHA, and that we are being punished for leaving our conference in the early 80's and then coming back. Things have not been the same since.

As far as injuries go, I see it this way: Once is an aberration, twice is a trend, and thrice is a culture.
                                Philbert
                                ---------------
                                Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                                GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Working...
                                X