Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I used to like you, before this.
    anything to make some noise!. or how about the thundersticks. that would make noise. or gee here's one... we sell out!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      bbdl: There was actually a group with them this weekend, but they used them only at appropriate moments, thus making it quite hilarious.
      J'sJs: you'd really like to ruin my last hurrah at home for who knows how long that way?? Though, a good ol' fashioned bench clearer would be quire fantastic as a cherry on the sundae of 7 years of being there as much as I could.
      I'm very glad I graduated before those things came along. They might be the most annoying sound ever, its exactly like the sound that Lloyd in dumb and dumber makes as "the most annoying sound in the world".
      Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Yes, I want another horribly played game, 0-0 this time. Neither team gets more than 10 shots on goal, and as long as there is a epic bench-clearer at the end of OT precipitated by Ellingson flinging himself to the ice and clutching his throat, it will be worth it
      [/Sarcasm]
      Just like the 0-0 gem between tech and duluth in about '05, that was the worst hockey game I've ever witnessed.
      Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      anything to make some noise!. or how about the thundersticks. that would make noise. or gee here's one... we sell out!
      I suggest they use voices, anything but those soccer horns.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Sshh...Quiet; what's that I hear? Oh, it's the JSR echo syndrome going on. But honestly, complaining about Russell was fit for prior years. The guy probably works harder and spends more time at his job than anyone here and is doing the best he can. Unfortunately in his profession, hard work is not what you're rewarded for, it's all about results. At this point if you're fed up with the program, take it out on the AD and administration for allowing it to get to this point. A new coach should have been selected following either of the last two years. The likely reason it wasn't - not likely an AD is going to say I screwed up and gave an extension and now we have to pay off two years ($230K) of a contract I shouldn't have given. Obviously more worried about her job than the hockey program. Blais was hired for $250K; shoulda, coulda, woulda.
        Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 12-06-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
          Sshh...Quiet; what's that I hear? Oh, it's the JSR echo syndrome going on.
          *****http://blog.bioethics.net/joint.jpg******

Your hubris is so large, it's blinding. Get over yourself.

Comment

Sshh...Quiet; what's that I hear? Oh, it's the JSR echo syndrome going on. But honestly, complaining about Russell was fit for prior years. The guy probably works harder and spends more time at his job than anyone here and is doing the best he can. Unfortunately in his profession, hard work is not what you're rewarded for, it's all about results. At this point if you're fed up with the program, take it out on the AD and administration for allowing it to get to this point. A new coach should have been selected following either of the last two years. The likely reason it wasn't - not likely an AD is going to say I screwed up and gave an extension and now we have to pay off two years ($230K) of a contract I shouldn't have given. Obviously more worried about her job than the hockey program. Blais was hired for $250K; shoulda, coulda, woulda.
            and you think Tech pays their hockey coach $250??
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Fade: You have mail.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Fade: You have mail.
                  Appreciate it, thanks.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  It's great how he still thinks Blais would've come to Houghton if the last search committee had just offered him a lot of money.

"Name" coaches do not want the Tech job. End of story.

Comment

Be that as it may. My alumni friends all think that Tech needs to hire a big name/ expensive coach. ( IF, they decide to go that route) Whether that is feasible or not remains to be seen.
                    Personally it would be better to delay this discussion until march.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

When does Russel's contract expire? If it expires in two or three years from now what is the buy out. I highly doubt they would fire a coach midseason. That is something not done in the college hockey ranks.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        When does Russel's contract expire? If it expires in two or three years from now what is the buy out. I highly doubt they would fire a coach midseason. That is something not done in the college hockey ranks.
                        Tech did it in I believe 2000, firing Tim Watters after he started something like 1-7-0.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Tech did it in I believe 2000, firing Tim Watters after he started something like 1-7-0.
                          He was an exceptional case. Anyone who was a fan at that time will tell you he should've been fired in March, following the 4-34-0 season.

If Russell goes, it won't be until this season is over. Last I heard, this is the final year of his contract, and there has been no rumor of an extension in the works.

The people who think Tech needs an expensive/"name" coach should start thinking about the coaches who would be on their short list. They'll realize pretty quickly that there is no way anyone on their list will want the Tech job. Money is only part of the equation.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-07-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            No, I think Tech pays them $150K and the enrichment fund pays them $100-$150K for a total of $250-$300K; with that kind of money offered, they'd have alot of notable coaches interested. Especially given the job security at MTU.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              He was an exceptional case. Anyone who was a fan at that time will tell you he should've been fired in March, following the 4-34-0 season.

If Russell goes, it won't be until this season is over. Last I heard, this is the final year of his contract, and there has been no rumor of an extension in the works.

The people who think Tech needs an expensive/"name" coach should start thinking about the coaches who would be on their short list. They'll realize pretty quickly that there is no way anyone on their list will want the Tech job. Money is only part of the equation.
                              And also a no brainer that Russell should have been gone after his 5-30 season last year.

Comment

With that kind of money offered, they'd have alot of notable coaches interested. Especially given the job security at MTU.
                                Who?

Comment

Working...
                                X