Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Perhaps Duluth Family Sauna?
    Speaking from personal experience?

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Speaking from personal experience?
      Biddco told me. If MEg wants the team to start bonding and rubbing, Duluth Family Sauna is probably a good place to start.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

F2B&G, I'll see your post:
        Dear Michigan Tech Huskies:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGPjc7C5BAs?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGPjc7C5BAs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
        ..and raise you a ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcpGGoQLzVk?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcpGGoQLzVk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
        Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Thanks

Doesn't change the fact that there is something wrong with this team, and the losing will continue until they figure it out.

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

You know members of the team have to be on the same page. They have to believe that the coach has their back and they have to have total respect for the coaches. It might be that losing a player that was unhappy about playing time is a good thing. I mean really, he doesn't play, so he pouts and quits!?.
              I think there's more to it than that. Still in the third period on saturday, down 1-0 is a time when you up the play and we didn't do that. It's real hard, based on that, seeing us beating anyone else in the WCHA to tell the truth.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Warning! Many, if not most, of these guys wouldn't even consider the Tech job. But anyway, here's my list (in no particular order), since Fade asked for it. These are guys that I would guage interest from, if I were on the search committee)

1. Don Lucia - He's gone as soon as the U can figure out if they can pay his buyout. Maybe we could get a package of Don and Mario? (probably won't come to Tech, big step down from what he's grown accustomed to at MN)
                2. Cary Eades - Long time UND assistant, Boosh's bff, lots of connections in northern MN. (Some say he wouldn't come to Tech, but he's an assistant and he might jump at a shot to be a head coach. Would probably be gone as soon as he got a better job offer)
                3. Mark Johnson - UW women's coach. Has a shiny gold medal. (Probably won't come to Tech, he's tied to UW in every imaginable way, I doubt he'll leave Madison short of a MN/UND or NHL team calling him)
                4. Scott Bell - Head coach at Hamline (D3, MIAC), took a team that was 4-21 in 04-05, and has put together seasons with the following win % in the last 3 seasons: .667, .589, .692. Former Gopher player. (I'm sure he'd jump at a chance to coach in the WCHA)
                5. Ron Rolston - Tech Alum. Current head coach for USA hockey's U17 team. Has coached in multiple international junior tournaments, former assistant at Lake St., Clarkson, Harvard and Boston College. (Also, probably won't coach at Tech, he has a good job now and he probably wouldn't want to take Jamie's job)
                6. Jeff Jackson - Coach at Notre Dame. Has a knack for turning around programs. (He's getting old, so Notre Dame might be his last gig, and I don't think there's any indication that he'd ever want to leave South Bend for a return trip to the UP)

On second thought, the only guy that would want this job is the guy from Hamline, and he doesn't excite me much. We're screwed, as usual.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Perhaps Duluth Family Sauna?
                  My coworker and her husband went there not that long ago. I could not believe it when she told me that. I'm not sure her husband knew what that place was really about.
                  Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    I nominate Gordon Bombay.
                    You didn't hear? He got caught drunk driving again. This time with a hooker and blow. So he's not going to work.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Warning! Many, if not most, of these guys wouldn't even consider the Tech job. But anyway, here's my list (in no particular order), since Fade asked for it. These are guys that I would guage interest from, if I were on the search committee)...
                      What no Davis Payne on there? If the Blues keep struggling, they may just dump him.
                      He's really good with the kids (took the Alaska Aces to the Kelly Cup finals one year, and the playoffs every year)

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                      You didn't hear? He got caught drunk driving again. This time with a hooker and blow. So he's not going to work.
                      Sounds like the perfect "team building" program for MTU.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        What no Davis Payne on there? If the Blues keep struggling, they may just dump him.
                        He's really good with the kids (took the Alaska Aces to the Kelly Cup finals one year, and the playoffs every year)
                        The biggest knock against Payne, assuming the Blues were to can him, is that he has no collegiate coaching experience. There's a reason NCAA coaches are almost always hired from other schools or the USHL. There's a big difference between the pros and the NCAA - namely the recruiting wars and the need to keep a team much more in-line with the university's expectations, both academically and within the community.

It's doubtful Payne would be interested anyway. You almost never see a coach go from the pros to the college level.

Comment

Warning! Many, if not most, of these guys wouldn't even consider the Tech job. But anyway, here's my list (in no particular order), since Fade asked for it. These are guys that I would guage interest from, if I were on the search committee)

1. Don Lucia - He's gone as soon as the U can figure out if they can pay his buyout. Maybe we could get a package of Don and Mario? (probably won't come to Tech, big step down from what he's grown accustomed to at MN)
                          2. Cary Eades - Long time UND assistant, Boosh's bff, lots of connections in northern MN. (Some say he wouldn't come to Tech, but he's an assistant and he might jump at a shot to be a head coach. Would probably be gone as soon as he got a better job offer)
                          3. Mark Johnson - UW women's coach. Has a shiny gold medal. (Probably won't come to Tech, he's tied to UW in every imaginable way, I doubt he'll leave Madison short of a MN/UND or NHL team calling him)
                          4. Scott Bell - Head coach at Hamline (D3, MIAC), took a team that was 4-21 in 04-05, and has put together seasons with the following win % in the last 3 seasons: .667, .589, .692. Former Gopher player. (I'm sure he'd jump at a chance to coach in the WCHA)
                          5. Ron Rolston - Tech Alum. Current head coach for USA hockey's U17 team. Has coached in multiple international junior tournaments, former assistant at Lake St., Clarkson, Harvard and Boston College. (Also, probably won't coach at Tech, he has a good job now and he probably wouldn't want to take Jamie's job)
                          6. Jeff Jackson - Coach at Notre Dame. Has a knack for turning around programs. (He's getting old, so Notre Dame might be his last gig, and I don't think there's any indication that he'd ever want to leave South Bend for a return trip to the UP)
                          I think Tech would have to look mostly at current lead assistants.

Rolston's got his USNTDP gig and an outside shot at the Michigan job when Red retires. You could offer Lucia and Jackson $1 million/yr salaries with full expense accounts, and they would likely still turn Tech down. As a WCHA school, I'd be wary of hiring a coach directly from D3. That might work at an AHA program, but I think that's a bad idea in a power conference.

Comment

I think Tech would have to look mostly at current lead assistants.

Rolston's got his USNTDP gig and an outside shot at the Michigan job when Red retires. You could offer Lucia and Jackson $1 million/yr salaries with full expense accounts, and they would likely still turn Tech down. As a WCHA school, I'd be wary of hiring a coach directly from D3. That might work at an AHA program, but I think that's a bad idea in a power conference.
                            So, you're going with Cary Eades?
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So, you're going with Cary Eades?
                              I'd call him up and gauge his interest level. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd expect it to be a -2 , but inquiring can't hurt.

Another option is to target a USHL head coach looking to break into the college ranks. Again, any success and he's likely gone for a bigger job, but...

Comment

I just came across a great flame fest between shirtless guy and NSSHG from 2004.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X