PDA

View Full Version : All Things Denver XXIX

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

du78
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Old Pio, how is the ice holding up? We are supposed to have a freezing rain/ice storm tonight. Should be able to top you off if you need it. :D

Old Pio
02-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Old Pio, how is the ice holding up? We are supposed to have a freezing rain/ice storm tonight. Should be able to top you off if you need it. :D

Looks like I'm set for at least the short term. But if I need more I'll keep your kind offer in mind.

Dmann
02-02-2011, 11:15 AM
bump!!

du78
02-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I literally could have skated out the front door this morning after the ice storm last night which has now turned to rain. :eek:

Gwoz press conference at www.denverpioneers.com at 12PM MT today.

MagnessMan
02-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Is it just me or is it really quiet for Gold Pan week? It seems like there are two CC fans on these boards and who knows that just might be one guy posing as two. What gives?

du78
02-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Is it just me or is it really quiet for Gold Pan week? It seems like there are two CC fans on these boards and who knows that just might be one guy posing as two. What gives?

Their team is struggling, swept by UAA a few weeks ago.

dggoddard
02-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Kind of an interesting stat from the WHL.

William Wrenn has 2 goals, 4 assists and is +18 in 12 games.

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show/type/skaters/ls_season/236/subtype/11

In 41 games over a season and a half at DU, Wrenn had 0 goals, 8 assists & -2

ronmexico
02-02-2011, 05:13 PM

There are two of us. Maybe even three. :o

co14ers
02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Anyone making the trek down to Cleveland Steamer World Arena Friday? KScant, Warren and I have decided to go down and have a fiesta suite booked right next to outback. Contact me if you want to stop by prior to the game or let me know if there are plans to go over to the outback.

MagnessMan
02-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Not too much info in the press confernce today. Gwoz kind of sounded like a politician he talked for 12 minutes and didn't say much. Nothing about Knowlton or goal tenders.
Most of the questions came from Sandy about the rivilary and the change of the schedule--backing the CC series up to Feb from March. Talked a little bit about the funky schedule in Jan (2 bye weekends) and the possible inpact in terms of rust down there Friday night.

Howe practiced today and felt fine--showed no ill effects from Saturdays injury. The decision will be made Friday--sounds lke he'll play.

CCtig
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Anyone making the trek down to Cleveland Steamer World Arena Friday? KScant, Warren and I have decided to go down and have a fiesta suite booked right next to outback. Contact me if you want to stop by prior to the game or let me know if there are plans to go over to the outback.

Todd my main man! Was beginning to wonder if you lost interest in hockey. It's going to be a party all weekend!!

Dmann
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Bumperamadama!!

co14ers
02-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Todd my main man! Was beginning to wonder if you lost interest in hockey. It's going to be a party all weekend!!

Yessir, it is. You need to send me a message with your cell phone so we can meet up before the game in the Springs. You also need to show up at Teddy T's before the game up here on Saturday. See DG's blog for details.

And no throwing up in a sombrero on Sabado, amigo!

CCtig
02-03-2011, 07:51 PM
For those that may not know, Denver University is 7-14-4 all time against Colorado College while playing in Magness Arena, better known as World Arena North (WAN)!

Puck Swami
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
For those that may not know, Denver University is 7-14-4 all time against Colorado College while playing in Magness Arena, better known as World Arena North (WAN)!

There is no such school as Denver University.

MagnessMan
02-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Who the hell is playing in net this weekend? Why so hush-hush? Any update on the Swami Meter? Last I heard it was predicting a split. I was hoping it would turn pessimistic (a sure sign of a spanking of the targeted foe). Truth be told, I think the split is the most likely scenario followed by a DU win Friday and a tie Saturday. I'm hoping our old pal 57 (Bob Keltie) will be working the lines. He worked the Sioux series last weekend so he might be sentenced to a weekend in the frozen tundra somewhere. I love it when he's flashing the trophy number on the ice especially in the Springs.

Old Pio
02-04-2011, 01:43 AM
There is no such school as Denver University.

Now you've done it. Next think you know, he'll be leaking oil.

MagnessMan
02-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Before I get cranking here I want to say CC played a solid hockey game with discipline. They did a good job on the kill and shutting down the shooting lanes. They beat DU to the puck in a major way in the first period. They also used the big ice to their advantage must of the night. Howe was sharp and when he was tested (mostly the third) he performed very well. They were the hungrier of the two teams and got the W they deserved.

DU looked rusty coming off the bye (especially in the first). In the second the team came out with a lot more spring in their step--hitting, and beating CC to pucks. They made one major error on coverage at the end of the second. They also made some pretty bad D plays. George shuffled the third and fourth lines in the third and those changes were not effective. Both Jackson and Dewhurst took two bad undisciplined penalties. In a series against your arch rival you know that people are going to be in your face stirring things up (and CC was doing it all night). We had some could chances--and when the puck did get close to the net we either missed them or Howe came up big (personally I thought he deserved the first star).

Good turnout at the cement toilet for the DU faithful. It was cool to have Jessie and his family sitting in the DU section. He looks great. Let's hope the boys can bounce back tomorrow. This was only our second loss since we fell to CC in early November. Adversity is what helps to shape a champion.

DU falls to fourth in the PWR and CC moves up to 16th. Tomorrow is a huge game for CC as far as PWR goes. So much of this game is mental. It's going to be fascinating to see what happens tomorrow.

Refs had a rough night--didn't impact the outcome of the game but they really struggled, missed a lot of calls on both sides. At several points it was clear they didn't have control of the game. I could give you lots of examples--here's one from the last call of the game. Schwartz nails a DU player (not sure if it was Drew or not) with 4. something seconds left right in front of the CC bench--D. Shore goes ape**** (rightfully so it was a super cheap hit--he was lucky he didn't get tossed) down in the DU O zone on the Schwartz and after the crew calls the penalties (not the original hit--and this happened several times during the game) they screw up and make the face off in the DU offensive zone. How do you call coincidental elbowing? Sloppy crap like that--the WCHA deserves a much higher degree of professionalism then we get from the officials. I know that's nothing new--but you can just see it so plainly in a great game like tonight.

CCtig
02-05-2011, 03:14 AM
Before I get cranking here I want to say CC played a solid hockey game with discipline. They did a good job on the kill and shutting down the shooting lanes. They beat DU to the puck in a major way in the first period. They also used the big ice to their advantage must of the night. Howe was sharp and when he was tested (mostly the third) he performed very well. They were the hungrier of the two teams and got the W they deserved.

DU looked rusty coming off the bye (especially in the first). In the second the team came out with a lot more spring in their step--hitting, and beating CC to pucks. They made one major error on coverage at the end of the second. They also made some pretty bad D plays. George shuffled the third and fourth lines in the third and those changes were not effective. Both Jackson and Dewhurst took two bad undisciplined penalties. In a series against your arch rival you know that people are going to be in your face stirring things up (and CC was doing it all night). We had some could chances--and when the puck did get close to the net we either missed them or Howe came up big (personally I thought he deserved the first star).

Good turnout at the cement toilet for the DU faithful. It was cool to have Jessie and his family sitting in the DU section. He looks great. Let's hope the boys can bounce back tomorrow. This was only our second loss since we fell to CC in early November. Adversity is what helps to shape a champion.

DU falls to fourth in the PWR and CC moves up to 16th. Tomorrow is a huge game for CC as far as PWR goes. So much of this game is mental. It's going to be fascinating to see what happens tomorrow.

Refs had a rough night--didn't impact the outcome of the game but they really struggled, missed a lot of calls on both sides. At several points it was clear they didn't have control of the game. I could give you lots of examples--here's one from the last call of the game. A CC player nails a DU player with 4. something seconds left right in front of the CC bench--D. Shore goes ape**** (rightfully so it was a super cheap hit) down in the DU O zone on the CC player and after the crew calls the penalties (not the original hit--and this happened several times during the game) they screw up and make the face off in the DU offense zone. Sloppy crap like that--the WCHA deserves a much higher degree of professionalism then we get from the officials. I know that's nothing new--but you can just see it so plainly in a great game like tonight.

Whatever dude!

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little xxxxx and I need you now!

See you Saturday at Magness Arena where the University of Denver Pioneers are 7-14-4 all time at World Arena North!!

Go Tigers!!

willythekid
02-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Keep up the good work Tigers!
Sincerely,
UND fans