X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Of late, the Isles have only shown the willingness to sign their 1st rounders right away and except for Tavares, Bailey is now in the minors after sticking at 18 and playing 2 plus years for them. This year's 1st rounder Nino Niedereiter (sp) was sent back to juniors after 9 games. The Isles are missing their 2 best players for a lengthy time; Kyle Okposo and defenseman Mark Streit, and have been hit by the injury bug big time. If Matt leaves early this year, I see him easily spending 2 to 3 years in their minor league system. The Isles have been high on him but they are also high on a bunch of other d-men that are already in Bridgeport and up with the big team right now. He is not a first rounder that they have to push quickly into their organization.
    Glad to hear that. With all the young talent on DU's team we could be in for a run of very, very good teams.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

What happened to your Lets Go DU website? Not enough interest?
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        What happened to your Lets Go DU website? Not enough interest?
        The website software (Moonfruit) was never able to merge the Blog with the website.

We'll probably relaunch it sometime in the future. The best case scenario would be to have the blog on the front page and then stats, DU records, photos and the like behind it.

We still own the domain name www.LetsGoDU.com. Its hard figuring out whats the best platform for delivering our message and doing it in a reasonable amount of time (30 minutes a day). LetsGoDU had 31,000+ visits in Nov. which is up 20% from the year before, so its still growing.
        Last edited by dggoddard; 12-01-2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Can I ask a non-hockey question here?

If not, just ignore me.

I will be in Denver (Englewood actually) for training next week. My wife is traveling with me, and as I have never stayed in Denver before we are looking for things to do. I will be in training all day, but any suggestions for things to do, sites to see, etc would be appreciated. Restaurant suggestions would also be appreciated.

If there are some sites that need to be done during the day, our flight does arrive at Denver about 1:00 pm on Monday...so we might have time for something on that day.

Thanks, and good luck against UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post

If not, just ignore me.

I will be in Denver (Englewood actually) for training next week. My wife is traveling with me, and as I have never stayed in Denver before we are looking for things to do. I will be in training all day, but any suggestions for things to do, sites to see, etc would be appreciated. Restaurant suggestions would also be appreciated.

If there are some sites that need to be done during the day, our flight does arrive at Denver about 1:00 pm on Monday...so we might have time for something on that day.

College Hockey Fan's Guide To Denver

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2007/03...er-denver.html
            Last edited by dggoddard; 12-02-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

WJC picks: Jason Zucker, Drew Shore and Beau Bennett. Zucker and Shore no brainers. Not an exactly ringing endorsement for Bennett but sees his skill set fitting in against younger players and on the power play.
              http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/
              GO DU !!!

Comment

You want the Bad News or the Really Bad News?

Bad News: DU Hoops off to 1-6 start and may be 1-9 if they lose to Cal State Northridge this weekend, because they have two tough games after that.

The Really Bad News: Utah State is begging for inclusion into the Mountain West Conference. Utah State might not get an offer because now UTEP, Houston, Idaho, Tulsa & SMU may be in the mix.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/201...nference-invi/

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post

If not, just ignore me.

General:
                  1) Denver is fun city. Downtown and Lodo for culture, food and fun. Cherry Creek for shopping.
                  2) See the Mountains for a day or two. You can drive up or take a bus if you don't like winter driving.
                  3) Boulder and Colorado Springs are excellent non-mountian day trips, too.

Specifics:
                  Best History: Our History Museum is closed for rebuilding. So State Capitol and Buffalo Bill Museum if you are into history.
                  Best Art: Denver Art Museum is terrific, and the Kirlkand Museum is cool too.
                  Best for Kids: Zoo, Skiing/Snowboarding, Museum of Nature and Science, stadium tours, Aquarium
                  Sports: Avs and Nuggest at Pepsi Center. Pepsi Center, Coors Field and Invesco Field all have public tours.
                  Best Food: Denver has good steaks, good mexican and some high end restaurants in downtown, Cherry Creek and Lodo.
                  Adult Fun : Coors Brewery Tour

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    General:
                    1) Denver is fun city. Downtown and Lodo for culture, food and fun. Cherry Creek for shopping.
                    2) See the Mountains for a day or two. You can drive up or take a bus if you don't like winter driving.
                    3) Boulder and Colorado Springs are excellent non-mountian day trips, too.

Specifics:
                    Best History: Our History Museum is closed for rebuilding. So State Capitol and Buffalo Bill Museum if you are into history.
                    Best Art: Denver Art Museum is terrific, and the Kirlkand Museum is cool too.
                    Best for Kids: Zoo, Skiing/Snowboarding, Museum of Nature and Science, stadium tours, Aquarium
                    Sports: Avs and Nuggest at Pepsi Center. Pepsi Center, Coors Field and Invesco Field all have public tours.
                    Best Food: Denver has good steaks, good mexican and some high end restaurants in downtown, Cherry Creek and Lodo.
                    Adult Fun : Coors Brewery Tour
                    And if time permits, drive by the beautiful campus of the University of Denver. We've spent about half a billion dollars in the last decade on buildings and infra structure improvements. It's really quite nice.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 12-02-2010, 10:50 PM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Yagotta go to Casa Bonita! (That's a joke. Sorry.) It's always fun to check out the Buckhorn. On a slightly more laid-back note, I am a big fan of Benny's at 7th and Lincoln in the Governor's Park neighborhood just south of the capitol. And while visiting the DU campus, check out Mustard's Last Stand. (As a former employee, I am obligated to give that one. But they have good dogs and Italian Beef sandwiches.)

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think that DU also played the last regular season games in both Williams/Mariucci Arena and the former Winter Sports Center/Ralph Engelstad Arena. Added to this weekend's series at the DECC, you guys might become known as Arena terminators.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I find it interesting that UMD has gone to overtime in exactly 1/2 of their games and did not lose a single one. They are 5-0-2 in those games.
                          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                          sigpic
                          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Inside Hockey has a Hobey Watch and look who's there. In the last watch report Sam Brittain was bubblicious.
                            10. Drew Shore, Sophomore F, Denver — Shore makes his Hobey Watch debut after he exploded for four goals and two assists last weekend, including a hat trick against Lake Superior on Friday, to help lead the No. 10 Pioneers to the Denver Cup title. Shore is now tied for third in the country in both goals (12) and points (22), but he’s tied for just 12th in points per game (1.38).
                            http://insidehockey.com/?p=13284
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Ha ha, the Drew Shore Hobey watch. Just a few months ago, we were wondering whether this kid could hit the broad side of a barn with his shot!

Just kidding, but it is remarkable how Drew has turned his game around. He definitely gets the early season nod for "most improved player." I just hope he can churn out this level of play on a consistent basis. I really like what I've seen so far, and Gwoz is most appreciative of Drew's defensive play, too.

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                                I find it interesting that UMD has gone to overtime in exactly 1/2 of their games and did not lose a single one. They are 5-0-2 in those games.
                                Moral of the story: Beat them in regulation. When you have double-shifting firepower like they have going against rubbery legs defense in OT, firepower usually wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X