Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Holiday Hockey Tournament 11/26-27 (UAH, BGSU, UConn, RPI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Holiday Hockey Tournament 11/26-27 (UAH, BGSU, UConn, RPI)

These are the next games for RPI and UAH. BGSU and UConn also have games next week.

RPI has been having trouble in recent years attracting teams to play in its tourney, the oldest in the nation, yet the 'Tute has found ways to lose. We haven't win since 2001-2.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI Holiday Hockey Tournament 11/26-27 (UAH, BGSU, UConn, RPI)

Hopefully the UConn who tied maine and union decides not to show up and we get the UConn that got roughed up by RIT this weekend. Havent saw or heard much about BGSU or UAH but im sure they will not be in the best of moods after long bus rides. I prefer to play BGSU the second night since RPI will be seeing UAH a month later in Huntsville. IMO this is the best possible field for RPI to finally get the trophy back after a decade of watching other teams celebrate on our ice.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      Hopefully the UConn who tied maine and union decides not to show up and we get the UConn that got roughed up by RIT this weekend. Havent saw or heard much about BGSU or UAH but im sure they will not be in the best of moods after long bus rides. I prefer to play BGSU the second night since RPI will be seeing UAH a month later in Huntsville. IMO this is the best possible field for RPI to finally get the trophy back after a decade of watching other teams celebrate on our ice.
      double-edged sword here....when it comes down to the Pairwise rankings we're better off having played opponents with solid credentials...but if you're looking for just a weekend slump by the opposition, then.....
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Let's give this thread a kick since these are now the next games for all four schools.

RPI will be without Head Coach Seth Appert on Friday vs. UConn due to a suspension and will be missing Captain John Kennedy for the entire toruney due to a broken hand.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Let's be clear on this one. Anything other than a convincing tournament win is a fail this year. I expect to see Merriam finally. I also expect to see some of the guys with slow starts get on the scoreboard. I'd like to see Cullen get a couple more points to build some confidence. I'd also like to see some of the Freshmen get a point or two.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            Let's be clear on this one. Anything other than a convincing tournament win is a fail this year. I expect to see Merriam finally. I also expect to see some of the guys with slow starts get on the scoreboard. I'd like to see Cullen get a couple more points to build some confidence. I'd also like to see some of the Freshmen get a point or two.
            I agree that nothing but a convincing tournament win is acceptable, but that has been the case for several recent years, and not only did we not win convincingly, we didn't even win.

I expect an interesting game if we end playing BGSU on the second day when Nick Bailen faces his former teammates.

AspyDad,
            I think so, but I am not certain.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-21-2010, 01:37 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Absolutely-but I have said that every year since 2001. We really need not only to win, but win convincingly. I would love for the freshmen to put up some numbers. And of course-let's not have anyone get injured.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Well, it looks like RPI finally has a holiday tournament field they can handle. .

Comment

Yes a tourney win is much neeeeeeded
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

We still haven't heard anything from any fans of the other three schools.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      Well, it looks like RPI finally has a holiday tournament field they can handle. .
                      There have been several recent fields that RPI Nation thought that the team could handle.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        There have been several recent fields that RPI Nation thought that the team could handle.
                        Yep-qutie a difference from the early days of the tournament when we had the only games going on during the holidays and drew the best teams in the country. Really got to see some great hockey played and some great players back then.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by JP1
                          uah a young team...12 freshmen including all three goalies...so they been inconsistent...good efforts vs mich state and bg, both series they could/should have had wins...flat against ohio state but was fourth straight road trip...goalie play seems to be settling little bit as they gain experience but they see alot of rubber...if uah can tighten things up a bit in their offensive zone could surprise...what won't be surprise is that will work hard and compete til final horn
                          I hope someone on the team reads that post. A team that works hard for 60 minutes will always be tough.
                          Any chance Merriam gets a start in one of the games?
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

UCONN has been horrible the past year or so, but this seasons seems like they are making a bit of a turnaround. Bartus is good, not spectacular but pretty steady. After being one of the worst scoring teams in the nation last season, the Huskies have added a couple of scorers among the freshmen, and now can at least put the puck in the net. Cole Schnieder is a nice player and can put the puck in the net. Andrew Olsen, who carried the load the last few years is a senior who can score, too. And this group is a bit tougher mentally than we've seen in recent years. In both the Maine and Union games, they were down late and came back to tie. Did the same thing against Army, I think for the win. I'd say their biggest weakness is on the blueline. Their defensemen are neither big nor fast and it shows. Pretty much everyone outshoots them, even in the games they've won. Bottom line, though, is UCONN doesn't have the depth or talent to beat a team like RPI. RPI should be favored but it wouldn't be a surprise to see a fairly close, competetive game. And unlike UCONN teams from the recent past, if you guys don't take them seriously, you could be shocked at the end of the day to see a band of Huskies celebrating at center ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              UCONN has been horrible the past year or so, but this seasons seems like they are making a bit of a turnaround. Bartus is good, not spectacular but pretty steady. After being one of the worst scoring teams in the nation last season, the Huskies have added a couple of scorers among the freshmen, and now can at least put the puck in the net. Cole Schnieder is a nice player and can put the puck in the net. Andrew Olsen, who carried the load the last few years is a senior who can score, too. And this group is a bit tougher mentally than we've seen in recent years. In both the Maine and Union games, they were down late and came back to tie. Did the same thing against Army, I think for the win. I'd say their biggest weakness is on the blueline. Their defensemen are neither big nor fast and it shows. Pretty much everyone outshoots them, even in the games they've won. Bottom line, though, is UCONN doesn't have the depth or talent to beat a team like RPI. RPI should be favored but it wouldn't be a surprise to see a fairly close, competetive game. And unlike UCONN teams from the recent past, if you guys don't take them seriously, you could be shocked at the end of the day to see a band of Huskies celebrating at center ice.
                              Thanks for the scouting report Jim. Now all we need is a BGSU fan to give us a report on their team.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X