This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here's a great article on CHN about Travis Roy (written by a medical student):

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...,_15_years.php

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
      According to a poster on EagleOutsider (don't think he posts here) Vinny Saponari couldn't get in and won't be here next year.

To state the obvious, if Vinny "couldn't get in," that really means they had second thoughts, either about his play or his attitude. I wonder if some other school take a chance with him.
      I agree 'couldn't get in' is a bit confusing and is probably a cover for something like you said. There's no way York offers him a spot on the team without getting some form of a green light first.
      time to write new history

Comment

Here's some really enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend reading fare:
        http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...112410aab.html

It's a Top 10 list of Jack Parker's favorite movies of all time, including some quotes about several of them.

Enjoy,
        SW

www.buhockeybook.com

Comment

Originally posted by weighart View Post

It's a Top 10 list of Jack Parker's favorite movies of all time, including some quotes about several of them.

Enjoy,
          SW

www.buhockeybook.com
          Sounds like JP wouldn't be a fan of the old Doris Day - Rock Hudson screwball comedies
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

So are they on track to beat the 9-tie season? Five already and it's only November.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              So are they on track to beat the 9-tie season? Five already and it's only November.
              There seem to be an abnormal amount of ties in Hockey East so far this season.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                There seem to be an abnormal amount of ties in Hockey East so far this season.
                Within conference games percentage of results being ties:

MA: 43%
                BU: 40%
                UVM: 38%
                PC: 33%
                NU: 33%
                MC: 30%
                UNH: 25%
                ME: 14%
                BC: 0%
                UML: 0%

Half the league has at least one third of their games ending in ties (Dorothy- "percentages and decimals and fractions oh my")

Comment

Transcripts from Warsofsky and Parker are up on the blog and Warsofsky was definitely not happy with some of Brown's physical play.
                  April 11th 2009
                  October 27th 2004
                  October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by weighart View Post
                    It's a Top 10 list of Jack Parker's favorite movies of all time, including some quotes about several of them.Enjoy, SW www.buhockeybook.com
                    I wonder about other coaches' lists. Some suggestions for starters:

Donald Cahoon: Tootsie
                    Dick Umilie: The Whistleblower
                    Shawn Walsh: The Hustler (yeah, yeah, I know "Speak no ill . . .")
                    Last edited by goalguard; 11-29-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Forcing myself to "spam" everyone today (well the threads of teams I've shot this season at least).

Having a Cyber Monday sale on http://HockeyPhotography.com - 10% off prints with coupon code 2010-10 (enter on checkout page) or 15% off orders of $150 or more with coupon code 2010-15.

You can find BU galleries here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000s0tH0lu3ktk - or enter your favorite player's name in the search box here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelter.com/search-page

Prints make great holiday gifts for yourself or someone else.

Thanks,
                      -Melissa

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

So the new poll still has BU at 2nd nationally, though tied with Yale. I like this team and I like it's potential, but it's won only 1 of its last 6 games. So the ranking seems to defy gravity.

Their record notwithstanding, BC still seems to be the class of HE (as much as I hate to say it), but they've slipped from 7th to 8th. As for the rest, BU, ME, NH, and MC all seem to be on the any-given-night level so far.

We'll know more after this weekend, though I expect that the league will go down to the wire. I see that BU wraps up with NU. ME finishes at UMass. MC is home and home with PC. UML is at VT. And BC-NH are paired. Lot of hockey before that, thankfully.

Comment

Who the hell is voting us #1 still? And is that what breaks the tie with Yale for some arcane reason in the USCHO rankings?

Hockey East will likely be another nailbiter season with very little separating the big four in the end. Then probably very little separating the next four from whomever ends up on the outside of the playoff bracket.

Meh. Poles don't matter. Just skate and win.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                            Forcing myself to "spam" everyone today (well the threads of teams I've shot this season at least).

Having a Cyber Monday sale on http://HockeyPhotography.com - 10% off prints with coupon code 2010-10 (enter on checkout page) or 15% off orders of $150 or more with coupon code 2010-15.

You can find BU galleries here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000s0tH0lu3ktk - or enter your favorite player's name in the search box here - http://hockeyphotography.photoshelter.com/search-page

Prints make great holiday gifts for yourself or someone else.

Thanks,
                            -Melissa
                            I think for the amount of amazing photography you provide to this site you shouldn't have to worry that you're spamming and USCHO should allow you to have a thread of your own to offer your stuff. That way you don't have to go into separate threads!

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have BU lower in my HE power rankings this week than they are in the national poll. I guess that shows what I think of the polls/poles/pohls.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I think for the amount of amazing photography you provide to this site you shouldn't have to worry that you're spamming and USCHO should allow you to have a thread of your own to offer your stuff. That way you don't have to go into separate threads!
                                completely agree

Comment

Working...
                                X