This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

When Saponari returns, he should be booed every single time he touches the puck. He should be booed vociferously, by every man, woman, child, and Sasquatch in the building. He embarrassed our program, disrespected Parker and his rules, and in no way has seemed remorseful of his actions.

Then, he transferred to Boston College...which confuses me just as much as it infuriates me. One thing I learned very early on about the college hockey community in Boston was that once you play for BU, BC, Northeastern or Harvard you become part of a culture, and you adapt part of who you are to being from that school. Dress, attitude, manner of speaking - you can a lot of the time pick out a BU, BC, Harvard, or NU hockey player based on this. For Vinny to be able to just decide that BC works for him is shocking and disappointing...much like it would be if back in the day someone like Dov Grumet-Morris got kicked out of Harvard and transferred to Northeastern - friggin odd. Vinny's transfer to BC after being shunned by BU not only makes him look like a schmuck, but makes me question the kind of guy Jerry York is (who, contrary to what I used to sing in Walter Brown, I do not consider to be a horse's ***).

Saponari is from Georgia. He didn't grow up in Hingham or Natick or Malden or play at Catholic Memorial or Thayer...he has no true connection to anyone on BC's roster. And for that, I hope that his team mates hate him. I hope they are disappointed that he is joining their team and he gets the outsider treatment.

I believe firmly in second changes, but Vinny has joined the likes of Scott Gomez in my book...traitorous scum.

Go BU. Beat UNH.
    Not changing my sig until we do it again...
    2009 Boston University Terriers

Icebreaker Champions
    Beanpot Champions
    Denver Cup Champions
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions
    Hockey East Tournament Champions
    National Rookie of the Year
    National Coach of the Year
    Hobey Baker Award
    NCAA Division 1 Men's Ice Hockey Champions

...typing the above just made me happier than your hockey team has ever made you.

Comment

Originally posted by Section Eight View Post
      When Saponari returns, he should be booed every single time he touches the puck. He should be booed vociferously, by every man, woman, child, and Sasquatch in the building. He embarrassed our program, disrespected Parker and his rules, and in no way has seemed remorseful of his actions.

Then, he transferred to Boston College...which confuses me just as much as it infuriates me. One thing I learned very early on about the college hockey community in Boston was that once you play for BU, BC, Northeastern or Harvard you become part of a culture, and you adapt part of who you are to being from that school. Dress, attitude, manner of speaking - you can a lot of the time pick out a BU, BC, Harvard, or NU hockey player based on this. For Vinny to be able to just decide that BC works for him is shocking and disappointing...much like it would be if back in the day someone like Dov Grumet-Morris got kicked out of Harvard and transferred to Northeastern - friggin odd. Vinny's transfer to BC after being shunned by BU not only makes him look like a schmuck, but makes me question the kind of guy Jerry York is (who, contrary to what I used to sing in Walter Brown, I do not consider to be a horse's ***).

Saponari is from Georgia. He didn't grow up in Hingham or Natick or Malden or play at Catholic Memorial or Thayer...he has no true connection to anyone on BC's roster. And for that, I hope that his team mates hate him. I hope they are disappointed that he is joining their team and he gets the outsider treatment.

I believe firmly in second changes, but Vinny has joined the likes of Scott Gomez in my book...traitorous scum.

Go BU. Beat UNH.

Well, precedent for this was set a long time ago. Bruce Milton was kicked off the BU squad back in the 80's and went right to BC.
      http://www.fanbase.com/Bruce-Milton
      Frozen Fours: '86, '88, '90, '91, '92, '93, '95, '96, '98, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '09, '14, '15

Walter Brown, Agganis, Boston Garden-old/new, Matthews, McHugh, Kelly Rink, Bright, Tsongas, Lawler, Schneider, Providence CC, Alfond, Tully, Portland CC, Centrum, Whittemore, Snively, Hobey Baker Rink, Lynah, MSG, Gutterson, Houston Field House, Ingalls, Smith rink, Davis Rink, Pepsi Center, Bradley Center, St. Paul CC, Fenway, Mullins, Verizon, Joe Louis, HSBC, Nationwide, Messa, Perrotti.

Comment

[QUOTE=Section Eight;4934285]
        One thing I learned very early on about the college hockey community in Boston was that once you play for BU, BC, Northeastern or Harvard you become part of a culture, and you adapt part of who you are to being from that school. Dress, attitude, manner of speaking - you can a lot of the time pick out a BU, BC, Harvard, or NU hockey player based on this. For Vinny to be able to just decide that BC works for him is shocking and disappointing...much like it would be if back in the day someone like Dov Grumet-Morris got kicked out of Harvard and transferred to Northeastern - friggin odd.

i agree and as an Eagle, i can't say i was overjoyed with what transpired. i dont know how he can just change the jersey........
        Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-20-2010, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          i agree and as an Eagle, i can't say i was overjoyed with what transpired. i dont know how he can just change the jersey........
          It's different now. I recall an article about Sean fields where he commented he would meet igle players for lunch and how they were friends... (!?!?!?). I was indignant, ***?!? But then you realize that many of these kids head away from home very young and develop friendships with teammates in a family while playing. They move on and up and still have that connection. In our gameday sheets there's a section on "former teammates" that is always full. This is just someplace to play for the majority of kids now. Vincent is from GA and played in AA with the usndp. He isn't aware of any rivalry. Certainly not to the extent that Damon/boggs/Clemens were aware of after they left te sox and played for the yanks.
          Is what it is..
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            It's different now. I recall an article about Sean fields where he commented he would meet igle players for lunch and how they were friends... (!?!?!?). I was indignant, ***?!? But then you realize that many of these kids head away from home very young and develop friendships with teammates in a family while playing. They move on and up and still have that connection. In our gameday sheets there's a section on "former teammates" that is always full. This is just someplace to play for the majority of kids now. Vincent is from GA and played in AA with the usndp. He isn't aware of any rivalry. Certainly not to the extent that Damon/boggs/Clemens were aware of after they left te sox and played for the yanks.
            Is what it is..
            i'm sure this is true ..i guess i "dated" myself as well

Comment

I noticed that BU changed its warmup routine. They've abandoned the up and down the wing passing set for the BC type forwards stand around the faceoff circles and pass. When did this happen? I noticed it last night. I can't recall that they've ever changed warmups since the Jack Kelley days.
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Is what it is..
                I actaully saw Vinny making fun of BC fans once. I'm sure he didn't have hatred or anything towards BC's program (obviously), but it's funny now looking back.
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Go watch OC's BU-BC fog game story that was on the Battle of Comm Ave documentary. Awesome. And how every true Terrier should feel. Vinny gets booed.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Go watch OC's BU-BC fog game story that was on the Battle of Comm Ave documentary. Awesome. And how every true Terrier should feel. Vinny gets booed.
                    Huh? I'm confuzzled. Watch what?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Huh? I'm confuzzled. Watch what?
                      i recall on that dvd OC was interviewed and talked how he saw guys from each side talking to each other while the delay was ongoing... he was shocked and couldn't believe it.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

i recall on that dvd OC was interviewed and talked how he saw guys from each side talking to each other while the delay was ongoing... he was shocked and couldn't believe it.
                        Yes, he said he was so upset to see BU players canoodling and chitchatting with BC players during the stoppage in play and wrote a letter to Parker explaining his disgust for it, which made its rounds through the locker room.
                        time to write new history

Comment

We're #2!! We're #2!! Again. And Merimack cracked the top 20. That's pretty cool.

Comment

Always nice to get a nod from a classy BU fan! We think it is pretty cool too.
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              We're #2!! We're #2!! Again. And Merimack cracked the top 20. That's pretty cool.
                              I wonder where the lone first place vote we got came from.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                Always nice to get a nod from a classy BU fan! We think it is pretty cool too.
                                Here here!

And on another note, that fog game was my freshman year of college, I think I spent 5 dollars to watch the feed online...I never got my refund.
                                Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Working...
                                X