X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    What mookie said. BU's tied for 12th in the PWR right now, which is a pretty good place to be. But if they lose 4 of these next 5 (or 5 of these next 7 or something if you wanna go up through BC in the Beanpot opener), you can forget about that. After BC in the Beanpot, BU doesn't play any TUC teams (unless NU continues their run and pushes their way in there), so these games against Merrimack, BC, UNH and Maine are huge. If they go 2-2-1 over these next 5, they're still probably in pretty good shape as long as they finish strong. Anything less, probably gonna have to win HE to get in. Anything more, just don't screw up down the stretch.
    Thanks!...for a team that tends to be streaky anyway, let's hope they are on a good streak for the next several important games...we can step up the ladder and send 1-2 teams down below us in HE and the national picture...or we start practicing the golf swing in the mirror. I watched the Harvard game and then a bit the NC game (DVR) the other night and the difference in speed of the breakout, the confidence to make bold passes and speed of decision making are extremely pronounced to my eye. Granted, that was a team for the ages, but the contrast is stark.
    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

First of all, the blonde woman that does "sideline" reporting for CBS College Sports is indeed brutally awful. I'd forgive it if she were hot.

Secondly, here is the hard question we need to ask regarding this upcoming stretch of games: Is BU better than BC, Maine, UNH, or Merrimack? Hmmm. Definitely not BC. Maine? UNH? Merrimack!?

I'd take 2-3. 3-2 would be awesome. 1-4 would suck, but not a shocker. 0-5 and we'll be calling for Jack's head again.

BU Hockey: Reality Check

PS: Defkit: Two lines need to step it up. And the d needs to find their inner nasty. You know, without the penalties.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        First of all, the blonde woman that does "sideline" reporting for CBS College Sports is indeed brutally awful. I'd forgive it if she were hot.
        She's married to Dave Starman.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

PS: Defkit: Two lines need to step it up. And the d needs to find their inner nasty. You know, without the penalties.
          Two lines would indeed be better than one. However, if the first line maintains their recent play, but the seond line clearly becomes the "top" line offensively, then I think we'll still be okay. I guess I would look to the third line before the first line. The first line being upperclassmen, I don't see a big increase in production as a possibility. But perhpas, Megan, Gaudet, and Gill can step it up, as underclassmen, and can find some chemistry and touch.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Secondly, here is the hard question we need to ask regarding this upcoming stretch of games: Is BU better than BC, Maine, UNH, or Merrimack? Hmmm. Definitely not BC. Maine? UNH? Merrimack!?

I'd take 2-3. 3-2 would be awesome. 1-4 would suck, but not a shocker. 0-5 and we'll be calling for Jack's head again.

BU Hockey: Reality Check

I think Merrimack and BU are very similar teams, have great net minders and play with a physicality that is unmatched in HE. Something interesting I've noticed about BU, can't quite put my finger on it, but they always play with an extra spring in their step...dare I say..."jam". haha

Ive been to many BU games, rarely have I seen them play a dud...I think that comes from the tradition embedded in the program and the man behind the bench that the boys are playing for. BU is always a threat, especially in the post season. I think tonight's game might be the best matchup of any two hockey east teams all year long. I'm sad I'm going to miss it.
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by rewind2482 View Post
              Audio mute and video mute? I like to call it the "off" button.
              Nah, I still want to see the really awesome CBS-CS ticker. Maybe just a button to mosaic the top half of the screen.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                That explains how she got the gig. 'cause it surely isn't based on talent.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Wow b2live is terrible. I feel like I'm watching a game from the 80s on rabbit ears.
                  Never waste your money on b2live games. The only thing worse than their product is their service.

Comment

That explains how she got the gig. 'cause it surely isn't based on talent.
                    Starman is married to that Shireen abomination? She's turble.
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

welcome to the party, bobby buzzkill!
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

0-1
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

We had a solid five minute stretch there in the third where we looked gooooood.
                          Never waste your money on b2live games. The only thing worse than their product is their service.

Comment

and you have a picture with her.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So... the last time BU missed the NCAAs two years in a row I wasn't alive...

Somethings gotta turn around quickly here, especially with the schedule getting tougher.
                              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                                So... the last time BU missed the NCAAs two years in a row I wasn't alive...

Somethings gotta turn around quickly here, especially with the schedule getting tougher.
                                the interesting item is... in BOTH of these seasons, they HAVE BEEN RANKED #1 IN THE COUNTRY!!!!

now, that's gotta be some kind of record!!

be ranked #1, AND miss the ncaa tournament.

hmmmmm
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X