Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    It's not just the ECAC, all sports leagues protect their officials to the nth degree. See Armando Galarraga.
    This is just wrong. We all know that they are human and they make mistakes. When they do, they should be called on it.
    Would this have been reviewable if we had replay? And if we did, would this not have been overturned? How is showing the video a suspenable offense?
    Officials are disciplined by leagues, but it is usually done in private with little or no public statement. It is essentially a personnel matter that is kept internal.

That is subjective; a judgement call and would likely not be reviewable.

Showing the video may not have been, but then saying that the official should be worried essentially made the point that he was questioning the validity of the call and that is likely the basis of the league action.

I don't see the one-game as any big deal. Hagwell felt he needed to do something and he did. End of story.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      A waitress at the Armory Bar?
      The Armory Bar? Now you are really causing me to daydream-I staggered out of there many times. The drinking age was 18 in those days but they served anyone who came in wearing something with RPI on it.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...vid=nhl-search

I found this article on the NHL.com site.
        Someone is paying attention to RPI hockey.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Thanks for linking it.
          Early on Seth was a perimeter player

It was mentioned on Slapp Schotts today which featured Tom Reale. Rodger Wyland wasn't there.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-18-2010, 12:45 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That's pretty sweet, getting some attention from the NHL.

I didn't realize that Kennedy was a walk-on. It is just plain amazing what he has done for this program.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              That's pretty sweet, getting some attention from the NHL.

I didn't realize that Kennedy was a walk-on. It is just plain amazing what he has done for this program.
              I heard that he received money for minority students.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad
                Defintion of homer reporting:

"Well, it is showing up the officiating." Ken Schott

No, Ken it's called getting to the truth.

Thankfully for all of you (B12) I am done with this matter.

Definition of being done with it, please. You posted about 20 times on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Hope Ken "The Snitch" Schott is happy. I don't want to see if the play was called wrong, I want to know if you are breaking league policy. Hope you're happy Kenny. Nate is proud of you. Will see you in AC.
                  I don't know what you have against Ken Schott but to blame the suspension on him or anyone besides Seth Appert is pathetic. Ken is the best reporter in the ECAC if not the country and an asset to the league. He was just reporting the story after Appert decided to make a spectacle of himself and publicly call out an official. The results would've been the same if Appert had done this in any other major sporting league no matter how egregious the call was.

Comment

Originally posted by marty74 View Post
                    Definition of being done with it, please. You posted about 20 times on this thread.
                    Not for nothing, but ADs last post on the matter was 40 posts ago. You chose to quote something 300 posts (and nearly a week) old to bring it back from the dead. Who's not done with it?
                    APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                      I don't know what you have against Ken Schott but to blame the suspension on him or anyone besides Seth Appert is pathetic. Ken is the best reporter in the ECAC if not the country and an asset to the league. He was just reporting the story after Appert decided to make a spectacle of himself and publicly call out an official. The results would've been the same if Appert had done this in any other major sporting league no matter how egregious the call was.
                      Perhaps the concern was that the controversial ending had led to the press reporter's question, the question led to the comment, and the comment ultimately led to the suspension. However, you are absolutely correct that any person who speaks to the press has every right to say "no comment" to anything. You're freely able to say anything in this country, but because the ECAC is a private establishment, they refuse the right to service to anyone, including coaches. We may disagree with this premise, but that's the way things are.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                        Not for nothing, but ADs last post on the matter was 40 posts ago. You chose to quote something 300 posts (and nearly a week) old to bring it back from the dead. Who's not done with it?
                        Thanks GR. I appreciate you getting my back.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I believe that Red Cloud would say "Where are all the Appert haters now".
                          I'm sure they'll be back at some point. After all, they have high standards.

Comment

I believe that Red Cloud would say "Where are all the Appert haters now".
                            I assume that you mean among RPI fandom, since there are some in the league office. Then again, missing the UConn game is of relatively little consequence, and it will be good for Vines.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Actually veering off towards how RPI is playing, I am impressed by our third period abilities this year thus far. I think the captain holding practices from the July/August timeframe has a lot to do with this, especially if some of our ECHL alumni who visited during those practices were winded. I know the real testament will come in the coming months when we're in the heart of league play, but thus far I am impressed. Obviously we've had the short end of the stick a few times, but we've been pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Actually veering off towards how RPI is playing, I am impressed by our third period abilities this year thus far. I think the captain holding practices from the July/August timeframe has a lot to do with this, especially if some of our ECHL alumni who visited during those practices were winded. I know the real testament will come in the coming months when we're in the heart of league play, but thus far I am impressed. Obviously we've had the short end of the stick a few times, but we've been pretty decent.
                                Agree-our trouble this year has been the first period and coming out ready to play. We have started slowly and it has taken us a while to get going. So far this year, it is not the dreaded third period or overtime or the dreaded second period. It is just coming out with fire that needs to be addressed a little. We have not been the best second and third period team in quite a while-it is nice to see.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X