No announcement yet.

Yale - The best team in the country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale - The best team in the country?

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
    You are correct, Czeck. Denny is already in the Hobey conversation, as well he SHOULD be. BTW, for those of you playing at home (and who didn't
    get to see the Vancouver Olympics), KearnEy is pronounced CAR-ney. He's been en fuego ever since the Quinnipiac game in Hamden on 2/27/10. Word on the
    street (Prospect) is that he took a little good-natured umbrage at being called the second-best athlete in the family. Rock on, Den!!!!!
    You didn't
    need
    to press
    enter there buddy.
    I wonder how you
    became
    a Doctor.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
      Yale's recipe for success is making the NCAAs as at least a 2 or 3 seed. Playing in Bridgeport, they'll be pretty much at home.
      And then hoping they can draw South Dakota again

That explains what happened last March...I knew the Sioux were better than that
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
        Hey bud change that south dakota to nodak before some ******* chirps you...
        Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Beating South Dakota at hockey really isn't all that impressive in my opinion.
        Too late!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
          The Boise State analogy is pretty good (although I think the ECAC is relatively better then the WAC, but the basic point is fair). This if course gives Yale a very small margin for error... they have to have a very gaudy record to have serious consideration as number one, just as Boise State has to go undefeated to have a chance. And even that doesn't necessarily work if you're not impressive enough... just ask TCU. As long as they stay recognized as one of the top 8, though, they'll have as good a chance in the playoffs as anybody, which is all that really matters.

The big worry for me is to find out how they do against a talented physical team. As a pretty nonphysical team, they have no problem skating rings around untalented physical teams, ant they are probably the fastest team in the country. But when you don't play the best teams on a consistent basis, what you gain in record you lose in experience against styles that you aren't really ready for. That's why the win in the playoffs against South Dakota last year was so impressive, even though they couldn't close the deal the next day against BC, even though they scored 7. To me, it's not where they're rated... if they don't have a bunch of injuries they're going to be rated high enough. It's an experience question to me.
          Notwithstanding the move of the Fighting Sioux from Grand Forks to Pierre, I agree with your line of reasoning. What should not be overlooked, however..... and the great
          "take home lesson" from today's game is the Bulldogs' adaptability..... the capacity of Little AND Kearney to help their team WIN, even when they don't hit the score sheet. As King
          Barry pointed out, they have a LOT of weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            And then hoping they can draw South Dakota again

That explains what happened last March...I knew the Sioux were better than that
            Well maybe next year you can be the North Dakotan South Dakotans. Then you can claim you have something cool like Mt Rushmore, the Blackhills or the Badlands.
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              You didn't
              need
              to press
              enter there buddy.
              I wonder how you
              became
              a Doctor.
              Thanks so much for crawling into the gutter and taking it ad
              hominem. To answer your question, having 1586 on the College
              Boards, graduating Magna Cum Laude, and having letters of
              recommendations from two world-renowned doctors certainly helped.
              Now..... try to stay out of the gutter!!! What praytell, is an
              "occupational surgeon"? Oh, did I hit ENTER in the wrong place again?

Comment

If I may paraphase a popular Country Western song........... how do you like us now?
                Congrats on winning the ECAC version of the Virg Foss trophy.
                Although I'm not sure how well that will help you come March...

Well maybe next year you can be the North Dakotan South Dakotans. Then you can claim you have something cool like Mt Rushmore, the Blackhills or the Badlands.
                North Dakota already has the Badlands.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

You didn't
                  need
                  to press
                  enter there buddy.
                  I wonder how you
                  became
                  a Doctor.
                  Honorary.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Thanks so much for crawling into the gutter and taking it ad
                    hominem. To answer your question, having 1586 on the College
                    Boards, graduating Magna Cum Laude, and having letters of
                    recommendations from two world-renowned doctors certainly helped.
                    Now..... try to stay out of the gutter!!! What praytell, is an
                    "occupational surgeon"? Oh, did I hit ENTER in the wrong place again?
                    All of that, and you don't even understand the concept of word wrap?
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Honorary.
                      Thanks, my good friend..... but no, not yet! Maybe someday........

Comment

What praytell, is an
                        "occupational surgeon"?
                        It is my job!
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                          Someone today on Twitter said that Yale is the Boise State of college hockey. Point being that they may be one of (if not the) the best team(s) in the country, but since they don't play the strength of schedule that the other top teams play (Yale has the 29th most difficult SOS to this point, while UMD has the 4th most difficult and NoDak and Denver - 2-4 in the current KRACH - have the 1st, and 3rd most difficult (and, for the record, Bemidji State has the 2nd most difficult SOS, making quite the statement again about the depth of the WCHA, no?)), all they have to do is win that one big game (note today's win over Union) to "prove" that they're good.
                          Yep - the December 5th Pairwise will be referenced when the tourney field is selected
                          You cite the KRACH in your argument , but you fail to cite who the number one ranked team is in the KRACH rankings. Yale is ahead of UMD by 300 points and has double the amount of points of 3rd ranked NoDak.

You can freeze the pairwise today if you like, btw Bridgeport tix go on sale the thirteenth of December.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            All of that, and you don't even understand the concept of word wrap?
                            Someone on the Fan Forum told me the exact same thing once
                            before..... probably you. Trust me, if it were important for me to
                            understand the concept, I WOULD. I guess it's a very intricate topic
                            that is not taught in medical (or law) school. If I had only had the
                            good sense to become a retail systems technician........

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              North Dakota already has the Badlands.
                              Yeah the crappy Badlands.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Someone on the Fan Forum told me the exact same thing once
                                before..... probably you. Trust me, if it were important for me to
                                understand the concept, I WOULD. I guess it's a very intricate topic
                                that is not taught in medical (or law) school. If I had only had the
                                good sense to become a retail systems technician........
                                This is why you'll never be an occupational surgeon.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X