No announcement yet.

Yale - The best team in the country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale - The best team in the country?

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    So, will Yale ever get around to playing someone, or is it just going to be a cupcake fest to the season's end? I like cupcakes and all, but if you have too many, you get delusional.
    It'd be funny if Holy Cross beats Yale.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-08-2010, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      We have to get through the Russian travel team first!
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

So, will Yale ever get around to playing someone, or is it just going to be a cupcake fest to the season's end? I like cupcakes and all, but if you have too many, you get delusional.
        Even their WJ team matchup is frosted, last year tRussians took 6th and haven't won gold since 2003. The only surprise is that Gale didn't schedule them for a weekend series instead of just the one game.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Afraid there won't be any cupcakes left for the Gophers?

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            You're playing 10-year-olds?

Comment

All of the other top 10 schools have BAD LOSSES - Yale does not.
              I know this isn't your quote, but whatever you were quoting (what exactly was that)?

What's considered a bad loss?
              New Hampshire lost two games, one at then #3 Miami (opening night) and one at then #2 Boston University.....

Comment

You're playing 10-year-olds?
                Trying to pad their Krach score...
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Can someone locate the "Who is Holy Cross? What kind of team will they bring to the ice?" post in a UNH thread last season? Now that was a funny post with an even funnier reply.

Comment

Yale being #1 is the same as Boise State being # 1 in football. Good for them, but they won't be anywhere the trophy when its handed out in St. Paul next April.

Comment

Dayum, I wish I was there to see that. Hey Hokydad, I'm sure you were there, who started it?

Comment

In your case, I have to ask whether you like having a cupcake or being one.

Comment

In season polls are like ****ing contests. In the long run, who cares really? WHCA fans claim Yale can't play vs their teams. Yale beats the snot out of CC and the excuse is that CC sucks this year. Yale plays Vermont tonight and, if Vermont is likewise spanked, the HE crowd will be excusing Vermont as a crappy team. I think Yale should play the like of BC, BU, Denver in season. Do these teams want to play Yale though? All leagues have their cupcakes after all.. Hopefully in the coming years these types of games will be on the schedule.

Yale sucked for a very long time until Allain came onboard. Winning matters. Winning your league first. Then winning the NCAA Frozen Four. Yale will have to go through several powerhouse teams if they expect to claim the crown in the Twin Cities. There'll be no excuses, no crap teams there, and only if they win the national championship will Yale get respect from the WHCA/HE crowd.
                          Last edited by Stan The Man; 12-08-2010, 02:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
                            In season polls are like ****ing contests. In the long run, who cares really? WHCA fans claim Yale can't play vs their teams. Yale beats the snot out of CC and the excuse is that CC sucks this year. Yale plays Vermont tonight and, if Vermont is likewise spanked, the HE crowd will be excusing Vermont as a crappy team. I think Yale should play the like of BC, BU, Denver in season. Do these teams want to play Yale though? All leagues have their cupcakes after all.. Hopefully in the coming years these types of games will be on the schedule.

Yale sucked for a very long time until Allain came onboard. Winning matters. Winning your league first. Then winning the NCAA Frozen Four. Yale will have to go through several powerhouse teams if they expect to claim the crown in Detroit. There'll be no excuses, no crap teams there, and only if they win the national championship will Yale get respect from the WHCA/HE crowd.
                            In Detroit huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
                              In season polls are like ****ing contests. In the long run, who cares really? WHCA fans claim Yale can't play vs their teams. Yale beats the snot out of CC and the excuse is that CC sucks this year. Yale plays Vermont tonight and, if Vermont is likewise spanked, the HE crowd will be excusing Vermont as a crappy team.

If Yale wins the HE crowd will say Vermont is crappy? They have one FREAKING WIN!!!! A yale win isn't going to cement their status as a cellar dweller.... on the other hand should Vermont win it will cement Yales status as an overrated team.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

My bad. Twin Cities.

Comment

Working...
                                X