UND at UW: Let's get hostile, let's get abusive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND at UW: Let's get hostile, let's get abusive

let's face it. The Sioux are evil demons and deserve to be crucified upside down.

Alongside siouxinminny, happy, and VarsityWisconsin
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
      Gurtholfin, how can I not use the word "********" when there are comments like this?

Guys get knocked out of games no matter what teams are playing. I personally go to about 25-30 games a year... roughly 10 at the Mooch, half dozen at the NHC, couple at the Ralph and at other arenas, holiday tourneys, Final Five, regionals... I see a lot of games with teams I have no ties to... the Sioux play no dirtier than any of those teams. Often times they play a more physical game, but not always, and I'm not saying they haven't had some dirty players (as do other teams), but that's different than promoting a "play dirty" philosophy.

That said, Sioux players have to adhere to the changing rules both to promote safer play and to be more competitive (i.e. not on the penalty kill), and they are not doing a good job of making those changes.
      I haven't and won't namecall sioux posters. we see this differently and that's fine. that's why freedom of speech is such a great thing right?

I will not back off my comments. you watch 25-30 games a year. great. I have season tickets for UW, watch numerous other games on tv, and catch live Hawks games. and all this for 25+ years now. you know how certain teams develop styles and systems.

right now the sioux are playing to haktol's style which is to get as close to that line as possible. then some players invariably cross it. you want to condone that fine. I don't. And I for one will be watching very closely your reaction when a WCHA player runs a sioux through the boards on a "clean" hit where "there was no elbow or shoulder" and certainly no "intent" and that sioux player doesn't come back that night or season. leave out aaron marvin from scsu that was the ultimate dirty bertuzzi type hit. I'm talking about a head-down smash to the sioux players head or a cfb or boarding where you seem to want to accuse the victim for the "incident"

there are some 58 D-I teams. I'd like to see a count of who takes the most 5-min majors. then a count of what teams have knocked (how many) opposing players out of the game or out for the season.

my guess is nodak would be #1 in that last category by a wide margin going over the last 7-8 years or however long hakstol has coached there. the evidence is in and I think many wcha fans will agree.

and further about guys getting knocked out of games. in 25 years as a season ticket holder I don't recall more than maybe a dozen guys getting knocked out of games at the Dane or Kohl for UW. T.R. Moreau, Craig Anderson, Jordy Murray, ....I'm not recalling immediately some of the others, it's significant when it happens because it has been rare (thank god).

in this instance w/nodak under hakstol it's becoming a trend as you see more and more players getting injured playing siouxie. sioux fans may not like that accusation, but I'll stand by it as the evidence is in and out there for you to either read or WATCH
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Maybe Hextall should write an apology letter to solovsfett along with five coupons for a free hug.
        that would be sweet. I'll frame the letter and then I'll take the hugs if they're from say christina hendricks

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          that would be sweet. I'll frame the letter and then I'll take the hugs if they're from say christina hendricks
          she's dumpy when she's not made up, fyi
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            she's dumpy when she's not made up, fyi
            crap...liz shue? is she still around?

Comment

crap...liz shue? is she still around?
              No. How about Andrew Shue in a wig?
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                No. How about Andrew Shue in a wig?
                uhm no...nicole fiorentino then...hot new bass playa in smashing pumpkins

Comment

according to No Ablibis No Regrets blog Jordy Murray is out tonight.

***? there is absolutely no news out there on the extent of the injury

Comment

there are some 58 D-I teams. I'd like to see a count of who takes the most 5-min majors. then a count of what teams have knocked (how many) opposing players out of the game or out for the season.

my guess is nodak would be #1 in that last category by a wide margin going over the last 7-8 years or however long hakstol has coached there. the evidence is in and I think many wcha fans will agree.

in this instance w/nodak under hakstol it's becoming a trend as you see more and more players getting injured playing siouxie. sioux fans may not like that accusation, but I'll stand by it as the evidence is in and out there for you to either read or WATCH
                    Did you find evidence of your brash statements while writing your post? I'm interested because by the end of the post you seem to have solid evidence. You just blurting it out doesn't make it true.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

according to No Ablibis No Regrets blog Jordy Murray is out tonight.

***? there is absolutely no news out there on the extent of the injury
                      Glad to see Baggot on top of it this weekend.

Edit: I don't think it's too serious. Sean Dolan tweeted this afternoon "Jordy is feeling better today has some nice zips in his chin... Can't wait for the game tonight"
                      Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-13-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Did you find evidence of your brash statements while writing your post? I'm interested because by the end of the post you seem to have solid evidence. You just blurting it out doesn't make it true.
                        the evidence is in as I said. Jordy Murray and Jesse Martin thusfar in 2010. are there more I'm unaware of this year? I know for a fact UW hasn't knocked guys out of a game this year, nodak has two. possibly more. I don't watch all their games. and I wouldn't care so much if I wasn't noticing this as what I thought may have been a trend...it's now almost expected

evidence as it pertains to the sioux playing dirty or "over the edge" imo - Brendan Smith and all the youtube links I've already posted ad infinitum (that brenand smith hit in further review is particularly malicious, you see the sioux player notice smith w/his head down and he intentionally runs him taking 3-4 strides and just exploding)

I would say youtube college hockey and find them yourself but here is the brendan smith hit once more - and in light of this hit (which I saw live) all the rest of the questionable calls and hits on nodak under hakstol - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvjqW5pAuAg - THAT HIT IS THE DEFINITION OF INTENTIONAL. the nodak player is gliding then when he sees Smith w/his head down he takes 3-4 strides and tries to kill (not literally of course)

or go the the other thread where the sioux cali fan was complaining about ncaa won't have checking anymore

Comment

Wisconsin needs to stop checking goalies. What a bunch of goons.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

the evidence is in as I said. Jordy Murray and Jesse Martin thusfar in 2010. are there more I'm unaware of this year? I know for a fact UW hasn't knocked guys out of a game this year, nodak has two. possibly more. I don't watch all their games. and I wouldn't care so much if I wasn't noticing this as what I thought may have been a trend...it's now almost expected
                            you're funny.

Are you saying that only 2 players have been hurt this year and had to leave a game?
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              you're funny.

Are you saying that only 2 players have been hurt this year and had to leave a game?
                              you know exactly what I'm saying. Hakstol encourages a brand of hockey where his players play to the edge and *some* choose to play over that edge. I don't respect hakstol at all, nor do I respect the players that play for him who when they see a guy with his head down choose not to let up but to skate hard and blow the guy up with potentially far more serious consequences than you seem willing to acknowledge or admit.

I had and still have respect for Blais. Gasparini I didn't like but could respect.

Hakstol otoh is not worthy of my respect. and in retrospect I think Eaves was absolutely right when he yelled Hak down after that absolute cheap shot on Brendan Smith and all the hacks against Turris

Comment

You should be worrying more about your team not scoring any goals thus far this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X