X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC v. UVM at the Gutt...flame on

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Me too.
    But I forgot to slam him before Fridays' game like I said I would... my bad.

I'll be in VT for both games. Any other Eagle fans heading up?
    I actually hear a good amount of BC people heading up, not going to be able to make it though. Any free way to watch it or am I going to be stuck with bceagles.com?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      yup, first time up at UVM for me
      I've been there, and been to the Gutt, but this will be my first BC games at the Gutt.

Attending most of the road games this year, including the singleton in Maine, on a Sunday at 7:00 pm. That one's a killer, but they'll need all the support the can get at Alfond.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        Any free way to watch it or am I going to be stuck with bceagles.com?
        Hitch a ride with somebody and sneak in.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Can't see the picture at work but I can see this one:

*****http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_434000/FF_434859_xl.jpg******
          Psh... The Gutt has way more than 4 banners.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            including the singleton in Maine, on a Sunday at 7:00 pm. That one's a killer, but they'll need all the support the can get at Alfond.
            Not that I'm going to the game at Alfond but... Isn't that a 7:30 pm game?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Not that I'm going to the game at Alfond but... Isn't that a 7:30 pm game?
              It's listed at BC and Hockey East schedules as 7:00 pm. It's on CBS-cstv so the time may change between now and then.

Comment

How is this thread so dead. Granted UVM hasn't won a game yet, and BC is averaging a little more then 2.5 gpg in conference action (well off the 7.5ppg predicted by Slasher), but when have actual results ever mattered. This should have been an easy flamefest to start... especially when the teams are so even...

GFA = BC (2.5) UVM (2)
                GAA = BC (2) UVM(2)

BC continues to plummet in the rankings, and of course the Cats aren't ranked. Big time match up here folks. UVM sweeps and next week neither team will be ranked and the decline in HE superiority will continue.

I would also like to nominate Bill Arnold for next weeks Rookie of the Weak... The Carolina draft pick in 8 games has register o goals o assits and mustered an amazing 10 shots on goal... Nice Job Bill.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

a little more bait may be needed, give it another shot

Comment

It is so great to see some folks like jcarter get so excited about the BC's 5-3-0 record at this early stage of the season. Many had BC going undefeated, challenging the all time victory totals, and ceremonially discarding all competition without breaking a sweat. Well the reality is that this is a new team with tons of potential trying to formulate it's identity in the early part of the season. It is also a team that has faced some early challenges from injuries to Tommy Cross, Steve Whitney, and now Kevin Hayes. Folks are questioning defense and offense effectiveness already which I find hard to believe as staff continues to tweak and develop the roles and strategic approach of this club.

Some simple facts of interest in the first quarter of the season support original thoughts that this team has some very good potential to develop into a very strong unit as the season progresses.
                    The defense is allowing 1.75 goals per game while allowing 28.6 shots per game(admittedly too many). Additionally, their penalty killing unit is operating at a very impressive 90.4% to date.
                    They are playing without their defensive leader in Tommy Cross which impacts their power play and their rotational flexibility. That said their team defense has been outstanding since the start of the season in virtually every game. Their breakouts will get better every outing.
                    The offense is scoring 2.88 goals per game while generating 33.5 shots per game...mostly high quality chances. Their power play is only operating at a 15.9% clip (too low) at this time but they are integrating some new faces due to gratuation and injury which has an impact on consistency for sure. They instill fear in every opponent they face and will continue to be taken "seriously" by all opponents regardless of their ranking between now and the end of the season because failure to do so will result in some lopsided outcomes for sure.
                    I for one appreciate the challenges that lie ahead for this club as they continue to develop their identity as a hockey club. They know now how important their committment to excellence needs to be as they face opponent after opponent poised to prove them unworthy of the Repeat Title Contender thrust upon them at the beginning of the year.
                    The fact remains that this club is talented, young, and I believe hungry for another crack at glory on the ice in 2010-2011. As always time will tell and I suggest that you enjoy the ups and downs along the way while jcarter hopes and prays for their demise. Vermont weekend will be fun to be part of no matter the results.

Comment

^^^ well done

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        a little more bait may be needed, give it another shot
                        If that doesn't get something going I'm giving up...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
                          They instill fear in every opponent they face and will continue to be taken "seriously" by all opponents

As always time will tell and I suggest that you enjoy the ups and downs along the way while jcarter hopes and prays for their demise. Vermont weekend will be fun to be part of no matter the results.
                          Instill fear in their opponents........BAHABHBAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHH AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA HHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH AHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAH AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHH AHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHA HHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH AHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH AHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH HAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH AHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAH AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHH AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA HHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAH AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHH AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA HHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH AHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHH AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA HHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH AHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAH AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHH AHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHA HHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH AHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH AHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Comment

That's all you got?

Is that as good as it gets?

I was hoping for a little more...

Comment

As much as they need it - I can't see UVM winning either of these BC games

So far the D has been pretty poor, the forwards have not developed any chemistry, the freshmen have not put up the performances I had hoped, as a team they tend to choke at crunch time

I really thought the D would be better but I think we are discovering that these guys just are not up to the task

Having said that it's a young club outside of three senior D and I think the future D recruits are going to be quicker and overall bring a stronger game so the future remains bright if you can see beyond this season that seems primed to be mediocre in a best case scenario

Comment

I saw that one of the games this weekend is televised on Vermont TV. Any chance of seeing that in the Boston area?

Comment

Working...
                                X