Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does TIMMAY Whitehead Deserve ANY... *GASP*... Credit?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does TIMMAY Whitehead Deserve ANY... *GASP*... Credit?!?!

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Obviously a student of some other skewl started this thread in an attempt to confuse us Mainuhs. Seems to be working.
    Obviously. He counted above 20! I don't have that many toes.

Comment

Of course he deserves credit. I think Walrus should bring an I HEART TIMMAY!!!!! sign with him on Friday night.

Comment

I remember at the beginning of last season there was a lot of talk about how he would look good after destroying the program then bringing it back to national prominence. As far as recruiting classes go, Maine has one of the most talented rosters in college hockey, yes Timmay has helped develop him players, though incredible amounts of talent can't be coached. Maines recruiting classes and talent levels are just underrated in the eyes of INCH, though Timmay definitely does deserve credit, and if he continues coaching the way he has been lately, he deserves fan support and to continue his tenure at Maine.

Comment

And the team chemistry is just phenomenal

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
            And the team chemistry is just phenomenal
            True, but familiar and effective systems are a part of chemistry.

As far as what you said before: I'll agree that Maine's classes may have been a little underrated, but there were guys like Flynn that weren't really recruited by anyone. I just think that Monarch connection helped our coaches spot a guy like him late and see some coachable potential.

Similarly...the OJHL has a real tendancy to have 100 scorers with inflated numbers that you have to take with a grain of salt because its a ****ty league for goaltending. There are so many players that average 2 points/game in that league and do diddly squat in college. Spencer was a league leader in scoring up there, and yet, most "experts" didn't think he'd be anything too special at Maine, and now here he is. Sure, he's got a laser and the occasional effective deke, but you can't tell me that kid hasn't benefitted from Maine's staff. Watch some tapes of him playing as a freshman and him playing this year and tell me that kid hasn't developed. I remember wanting to burn him at the stake for his lackluster care about the other two zones. He makes plays in all 3 zones these days.
            Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              Tim Whitehead reminds me of Bill Belichek (personality wise anyway).. unassuming, not seeking the spotlight, just a solid nuts & bolts guy.. quietly at work.
              That's a tad extreme!!

The ONLY comparison I would make with those two is how Maine has started to bring in players that might not be impact players on many other teams, but they fit our mold...they fit our scheme.

Flynn's name keeps coming up, but I have my doubts that he would have found the same success at many other schools. He just really fits the Maine mold well. Same with an Adam Shemansky, or an Abbott, or even House. They're just great Black Bears. I think they all found the right match.

Comment

For turning the recruiting around, absolutely. He got Gustav Nyquist to play college hockey. At Maine. That's enough in itself, and he also identified and reeled in guys like Dimmen, Abbott, Diamond, et al.

What remains to be seen is this team's ability to keep this thing afloat. Remember Maine was firmly in the NCAA picture into January last year before a major collapse. Similar thing the year before. Timmy's teams have always had a tendency to go into a shell for a 3-6 week period in the middle of the season. This team has to avoid that. Then, tons of credit.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                  Of course he deserves credit. I think Walrus should bring an I HEART TIMMAY!!!!! sign with him on Friday night.
                  Take pictures
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                    He got Gustav Nyquist to play college hockey. At Maine.
                    That's not terribly shocking to me. He was an excellent student who sought an education while he continued to pursue hockey. Wasn't he choosing between Maine and Princeton? Not our typical recruiting rivals.

This collegiate competition is higher than other country's college systems so if you are serious about both attending college and developing for a professional hockey career....as long as you're fluent in English, the NCAA is way to go in that regard.

And I mean...you ever been to Sweden?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Jamtlandvy.jpg

Gorgeous, gorgeous country ...but not exactly a New York/Jersey scene. I'm sure he appreciated and admired the small-college-town vibe.
                    Last edited by Howitz-ah; 11-11-2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X