HE Pick 'Em Week 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HE Pick 'Em Week 6

Email invtes are out for picking week 6. Pretty much an atrocious week for most last week. Heres the results :

http://www.editgrid.com/user/moorso/HE_Scoresheet5Final

Lowest score was a gooseegg last week, so non participants got no free handouts, nadda, zip, zero. Y'all know I assume that picking a correct score of a tie is worth 3 points. That change was made last week.

How do you guyz like this format for making the picks? Pretty simple izntit?
    Last edited by acs64; 11-07-2010, 08:20 AM.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Re: HE Pick 'Em Week 6

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Email invtes are out for picking week 6. Pretty much an atrocious week for most last week. Heres the results :

http://www.editgrid.com/user/moorso/HE_Scoresheet5Final

Lowest score was a gooseegg last week, so non participants got no free handouts, nadda, zip, zero. Y'all know I assume that picking a correct score of a tie is worth 3 points. That change was made last week.

How do you guyz like this format for making the picks? Pretty simple izntit?
    I'm impressed with how quickly you get the results out and post the next weeks contest. You are the most awesomest person EVER!
    (I'm also a liar though... remember? )

Very close competition this season. 32 players within 11 points of the top, 15 within 4 points of first place. We're either all awesome or we all suck.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I'm impressed with how quickly you get the results out and post the next weeks contest. You are the most awesomest person EVER!
      (I'm also a liar though... remember? )

Very close competition this season. 32 players within 11 points of the top, 15 within 4 points of first place. We're either all awesome or we all suck.
      Yes, the first statement is spot on.
      We basically all suck, but suck less than the 'experts' !! Friggin HE is just unpredictable now....you just cant count on anyone being a perennial patsy. Convinced flipping a coin would do better than most of us.

Comment

I've always pretty much known I was a dunce I just mostly managed to avoid proving it in public. Cripes! This is friggin' hard!
        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
          I've always pretty much known I was a dunce I just mostly managed to avoid proving it in public. Cripes! This is friggin' hard!
          What are ya talking about ?? Chit you got 3 last week....better than most. But yeah, I hear ya....I have almost zero confidence in what Im picking this year. All seem like they could easily go the other way.

Comment

Was it just a year ago that HE watchers (me included) looked forward to other schools breaking into the "Top Four"? This weekend could confirm if teams have returned to the old pattern. By percent, BU, UMaine, and UNH are tied for first and BC is 4th. Their aggregate record is 11-2-4, and they play the bottom 4 who combine for 2-8-6. Makes picking winners tough as it's doubtful that the top four are that good, or the bottom 4 that bad.

But then, maybe the difference is that big; while the top four OOC record is 8-3-5, the rest are 1-9-5. Not only affects the pairwise but the competetive level in general.

Comment

Originally posted by 5IslandsWildcat View Post
              Was it just a year ago that HE watchers (me included) looked forward to other schools breaking into the "Top Four"? This weekend could confirm if teams have returned to the old pattern. By percent, BU, UMaine, and UNH are tied for first and BC is 4th. Their aggregate record is 11-2-4, and they play the bottom 4 who combine for 2-8-6. Makes picking winners tough as it's doubtful that the top four are that good, or the bottom 4 that bad.

But then, maybe the difference is that big; while the top four OOC record is 8-3-5, the rest are 1-9-5. Not only affects the pairwise but the competetive level in general.
              So, where TF is 5 islands Maine.

Comment

So, where TF is 5 islands Maine.
                assuming this is not rhetorical, it's in georgetown

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  assuming this is not rhetorical, it's in georgetown
                  So, *** is Georgetown, Maine. ????

Nevah mind...I googleearthed it....itz only 40 miles from me...near....tada....phippsburg, maine !!!
                  Last edited by acs64; 11-09-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

So, *** is Georgetown, Maine. ????

Nevah mind...I googleearthed it....itz only 40 miles from me...near....tada....phippsburg, maine !!!
                    so wthell do you live?

Comment

so wthell do you live?
                      tightly held secret

Comment

tightly held secret
                        my wife doesnt even know

portland area....40 miles as the crow flys, assuming he flys straight.
                        itz a drive to the oak street bistro...half an hour...but I didnt have to mortgage the house, just theproperty...party of 5, not 8

Comment

Week 6 results and standings:

http://www.editgrid.com/user/moorso/...resheet6aFinal

Comment

in honor of my ascension to the top of table...

i will now promptly get two points in week 7

Comment

in honor of my ascension to the top of table...

i will now promptly get two points in week 7
                              Oh chit, I've seen it all now......ahem...great job though, like all the others, you'll be humbled in due time.

Comment

Working...
                              X