No announcement yet.

RPI-Union Home and Home (11/12, 11/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI-Union Home and Home (11/12, 11/13)

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Immitation, flattery, etc.

Union managed to pickup three points this weekend while scoring two goals in as many games. I'm thinking this weekend will likely be more of the same with both teams displaying their defensive chops and two of if not the two best, goalies in the league, or who knows, maybe even the country. That being said both teams have some high level offensive players so I guess nothing would surprise me...that and the fact that the teams combined for 6 goals in the LP tuneup. I think the key is going to be penalties and special team play.
    I'll tell you what will surprise me -- a well-reffed game. (Two? That's impossible.)
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I'll tell you what will surprise me -- a well-reffed game. (Two? That's impossible.)
      Just as long as we don't get the Buffalo Brothers or the two guys from Rochester that tend to not like us, we'll probably be OK.

Comment

Ken Schott thinks these games should either played later in the season or split up into different weekends. I can see his point but I'd also like to get these games behind us so we can concentrate on banging up the rest of the league. Last weekend in Lake Placid I thought had plenty of competitiveness and atmosphere and that game didn't even count.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...010-11-week-5/

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
          Wearing all black to the first league home game of the season? How original
          http://www.unionathletics.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_15
          Almost as original as R.I.T playing eye of the tiger as their fight song
          should be two really good games ( heres to hoping that RPI keeps their tradition going and union doesn't want to try black friday again)
          Last edited by NYhockeyguy; 11-09-2010, 05:41 PM.
          RIT Tigers
          2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
          2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I added a few key missing details to your post. If anything, we've missed some clearing opportunities in the H and U games this season that would/could have resulted in different outcomes. I didn't see the H game but realize it could easily have been a "W"....sounds like we had a shot to clear it to force OT, but failed to. Also, we hit a few pipes and ran into an equally hot goalie as our own. That's hockey. I saw the U game and we were a clear away from winning it.

As I've said before, right now we're a good team, not a great team. We are playing very well using a bunch of freshman and underclassmen at key positions. I for one won't want to play RPI when the 2nd half rolls around and our underclassmen are playing with 15 or so games under their belts.
            Hold on a minute there, Wicked.

I can believe that, with a year having elapsed, I could have forgotten that Union was on the power play when they scored the tying goal. But I can't for the life of me believe that, after the tying goal was scored, Appert would have pulled the goalie, leaving the net empty for Union to score an ENG for the game-winner.

Anyway, I can agree that RPI has a good team this year.

I still wish that RPI wasn't playing this particular opponent on this particular weekend, but that's who they have to play and that's when they have to play them.

Hope our guys leave the moaning and groaning to me and go out and get some points for themselves.
            Last edited by Waite21; 11-10-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I think the sentiment of not wanting to play the other Cap City team this early in the season is echoed on each end of Rt. 7. Playing this early in the season seems a bit anti climatic as it's only week 2 and there's plenty of time to go on a winning streak. These games are much more fun when sweeping the weekend could be the final blow that knocks the other team down for good in the standings.
              Secondly, we diehards are up for hockey, but the casual fan/student is still in the grasps of fall sports and not yet in tune with the onset another year on the ice. The intensity just isn't there yet, as everyone is just trying to figure out who the new guys are, who's no longer there, and just how good of a team do we have?
              I'm also wondering if the rivalry (ok, I know some of the Troy boys don't see U as a rival) is a bit watered down. It seems as if we play each other all the time...pre-season tourneys, holiday tournaments, and the like over the past few years make it feel as if we see each other all the time. MLB has made this mistake with the Yanks and Sox playing each other practically every other week.*** The uniqueness of the match up is diminished so the intensity goes with it.
              These will be good games, there will be intensity, and hopefully the excitement will creep over me as the opening face-off approaches. Maybe I'm just too old.

GoooU

***UHM-insert Phillies/Mets for this analogy

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
                I think the sentiment of not wanting to play the other Cap City team this early in the season is echoed on each end of Rt. 7. Playing this early in the season seems a bit anti climatic as it's only week 2 and there's plenty of time to go on a winning streak. These games are much more fun when sweeping the weekend could be the final blow that knocks the other team down for good in the standings.
                Secondly, we diehards are up for hockey, but the casual fan/student is still in the grasps of fall sports and not yet in tune with the onset another year on the ice. The intensity just isn't there yet, as everyone is just trying to figure out who the new guys are, who's no longer there, and just how good of a team do we have?
                I'm also wondering if the rivalry (ok, I know some of the Troy boys don't see U as a rival) is a bit watered down. It seems as if we play each other all the time...pre-season tourneys, holiday tournaments, and the like over the past few years make it feel as if we see each other all the time. MLB has made this mistake with the Yanks and Sox playing each other practically every other week.*** The uniqueness of the match up is diminished so the intensity goes with it.
                These will be good games, there will be intensity, and hopefully the excitement will creep over me as the opening face-off approaches. Maybe I'm just too old.

GoooU

I believe with the way Union has handled us the last few years, we had better be ready. Most of our guys were here last year and they were all here a couple of weeks ago.
                If they can't get up for a Union weekend, we have a problem. It will be intense no matter what part of the season it is.
                I am looking forward to two hard fought games and hopefully they will be settled before the last minute of regulation.
                The Engineers better be ready to put out for a full 60 minutes.

LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                  Can't wait to be in Schenectady on Friday.
                  Really? I mean, really?
                  Originally posted by moe24
                  Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
                    Really? I mean, really?
                    Could be worse... some of us have to go through it before getting to Troy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Could be worse... some of us have to go through it before getting to Troy.
                      Hey now...I live in this joint...and I...well...eh...good point...it does provide entertaining locals, though. Section 7 tonight...LET'S GO RED!

Comment

I hope that we show up tonight. Its my only game this weekend since i have a wedding tomorrow. I hate that unions power play does great against us. Tight game and lets hope the refs dont screw us as usuall.

go red
                        ps cant spell sucks without the U

union also screwed the players friends and family by cutting their tickets alotment in half.
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          union also screwed the players friends and family by cutting their tickets alotment in half.
                          Oh no not that! thats awful

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                            Originally posted by Hockey10130 View Post
                            Oh no not that! thats awful
                            Not surprising. A DOT road salt silo can only hold so many people.
                            Originally posted by moe24
                            Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post

GoooU

I disagree. It is unfortunate that all three games take place before Thanksgiving, but i don't think three games is too many in one season. It was very unfortunate (read stupid) for the two athletic departments to allow the game in Placid to take place on the same day as the football gaeme, but I think the Placid game should remain on the schedule.

As for the Yanks and Sox; 18 games is about right as well.

Comment

http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...art.pdf?id=902 RPI lines for tonight
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X