Marian at Adrian - Nov 5 and 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marian at Adrian - Nov 5 and 6

I noticed not much love for Marian on the weekly pick'm thread - thoughts on Marian pulling an upset this weekend......

Re: Marian at Adrian - Nov 5 and 6

Originally posted by goalcoach70 View Post
    I noticed not much love for Marian on the weekly pick'm thread - thoughts on Marian pulling an upset this weekend......
    It could happen.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

With Marian having played 3 games, Friday is a big chance for an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
        With Marian having played 3 games, Friday is a big chance for an upset.
        Although I agree with Norm it could happen I noticed you did not pick them to upset Adrian, and neither did the rest of us so far.
        UW-Stout Hockey 2009 Peters Cup Champions, and Home to the best fans in the land, the Devil's Advocates
        UW-Stout Graduate 2011
        "The Goalie Mask Guy"
        D-1 College Team: Wisconsin Badgers
        NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Comment

I think both of these games should be competitive. The last meeting between these two teams was very close. The better you are, the more difficult it is to improve, which is why I think Marian is probably the more improved team. Am I correct in thinking that Marian buses over tomorrow? I agree that Friday will be Marian’s best opportunity for a “W.” No matter how hard you try, you just can’t replicate the speed of a live opponent. I am predicting that the team with the better goaltending will win both games. It should be interesting.

Comment

I agree on the goaltending, but also feel penalties could be a decisive factor. Marian appears to have an excellent power play - a lot of Adrian penalties could definitely contribute to a Marian win (or two)....

Comment

I think age could have alot to do with this game...........man these guys from adrian are a old bunch ;-)))))))

Comment

This will definitely be the biggest challenge for the BullDogs in terms of conference play this season. I am nervous that they have to face Marian right out of the gate, and especially since Marian already has 3 games under their belt. I wish this weekend was happening in Dec or Jan.

Oh well, it will be great hockey. I agree on the goaltending comment. Fogal will have to be on top of his game from the opening faceoff.

Comment

Adrian have had plenty of time to prepare and focus on this opening weekend. I expect the team to be flying.
                  If anyone has jitters I suspect it will be Marian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                    Adrian have had plenty of time to prepare and focus on this opening weekend. I expect the team to be flying.
                    Check your rep
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                      Maybe, but taking Marian too lightly would be a mistake. It would be nicer if this tilt were in Dec or Jan, but let's be honest - it really doesn't matter. If these two teams meet in the MCHA playoffs, then it's gonna matter. Even though the MCHA is rapidly improving, both of these teams have absolutely zero chance at a Pool C bid and everyone knows it. I wish that weren't the case, but it is. Win the MCHA tourney or go home with no NCAA bid and that will be the case for at least for another season or two...
                      Last edited by altazo; 11-03-2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        Maybe, but taking Marian too lightly would be a mistake. It would be nicer if this tilt were in Dec or Jan, but let's be honest - it really doesn't matter. If these two teams meet in the MCHA playoffs, then it's gonna matter. Even though the MCHA is rapidly improving, both of these teams have absolutely zero chance at a Pool C bid and everyone knows it. I wish that weren't the case, but it is. Win the MCHA tourney or go home with no NCAA bid and that will be the case for at least for another season or two...
                        I agree with your ultimate conclusion regarding the Pool C bid. I don’t, however, think that it diminishes the importance of these two games. This is the most compelling MCHA series of the year (or at least until some other school says otherwise). A lot of people want to know how big the gulf is between Adrian and the next tier of MCHA teams. This weekend should be the best indication of this distance.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
                          I agree with your ultimate conclusion regarding the Pool C bid. I don’t, however, think that it diminishes the importance of these two games. This is the most compelling MCHA series of the year (or at least until some other school says otherwise). A lot of people want to know how big the gulf is between Adrian and the next tier of MCHA teams. This weekend should be the best indication of this distance.
                          Agreed. I just wish this series were happening in a month or two. And, I don't intend to imply that nobody should be interested in this weekend. I am, and I'd follow D3 hockey even if there were no National tournament with a champion crowned...

So, since the D3 Frozen Four is in Minneapolis this season and it's likely the west will have 4 teams in, I can think of one scenerio it would be possible to have two MCHA teams represented: 1-Adrian sweeps Marian this weekend and finishes the regular season undefeated. 2- Marian runs the table the rest of the way and finishes with 2 losses overall, ends up second in the MCHA regular season and defeats Adrian in the conference playoffs to earn the AQ. Depending how the MIAC and NCHA runners up look, I could see a 1 loss Adrian team getting a serious look at a Pool C.

Comment

I think Marian definitely has the advantage ...
                            If anyone is going to snap Adrian's long MCHA win streak this season, it will happen in this series.
                            MCHA GURU: No. 13 over No. 4 in the 2009 T.O.P. ... PRICELESS

Comment

I think Marian definitely has the advantage ...
                              If anyone is going to snap Adrian's long MCHA win streak this season, it will happen in this series.
                              It could happen, but probably not till they get to Fond du Lac.

Comment

Working...
                              X