Any Ideas on ECAC west?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas on ECAC west?

Any Ideas on what is going to happen to the ECAC west after this year? With only five times it won't be able to stay alive for long any rumors out there on how things might shuffle up?

Re: Any Ideas on ECAC west?

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
    Any Ideas on what is going to happen to the ECAC west after this year? With only five times (sic) it won't be able to stay alive for long any rumors out there on how things might shuffle up?
    Gee, check out the previous threads on Eastern D-III hockey. We had a very busy summer.

For the next two years the status quo is in effect. No changes to any Eastern conferences but the interlock between the ECAC-E and NESCAC ends at the end of this season.

What all that means is the ECAC-W will still have 5 teams for the foreseeable future. Next season, Pool B will disappear as the MASCAC (pesty buggers!) will get a Pool A slot. That means that the ECAC-W is not guarenteed of being a participant in the NCAA tournament. However, I would wager that the good old boy network will do their darndest to make sure that at least one ECAC-W school will get one of the 3 Pool C bids.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Gee, check out the previous threads on Eastern D-III hockey. We had a very busy summer.

For the next two years the status quo is in effect. No changes to any Eastern conferences but the interlock between the ECAC-E and NESCAC ends at the end of this season.

What all that means is the ECAC-W will still have 5 teams for the foreseeable future. Next season, Pool B will disappear as the MASCAC (pesty buggers!) will get a Pool A slot. That means that the ECAC-W is not guarenteed of being a participant in the NCAA tournament. However, I would wager that the good old boy network will do their darndest to make sure that at least one ECAC-W school will get one of the 3 Pool C bids.
      In most years the ECAC West has deserved at least one or two bids since the new pool system came into effect.

Last year was the first year since 2005? that the ECAC West didn't have a team with an outstanding resume. However, I'd say Elmira proved they belonged by winning the play-in game and giving Norwich one hell of a run.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        In most years the ECAC West has deserved at least one or two bids since the new pool system came into effect.

Last year was the first year since 2005? that the ECAC West didn't have a team with an outstanding resume. However, I'd say Elmira proved they belonged by winning the play-in game and giving Norwich one hell of a run.
        They certainly scared a lot of us at Kreitzberg to death. Probably the second best game of the season.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Here is a "Where are they now" on former SUNY-Geneseo player and Manhattanville College assistant coach Tyson Terry.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Here is a "Where are they now" on former SUNY-Geneseo player and Manhattanville College assistant coach Tyson Terry.

Terry was primarily responsible for coaching Manhattanville’s defensemen. The Valiants owned the fourth-best team goals-against average (2.00) among all Division III teams in 2008-09 and ranked ninth nationally in the same category in 2009-10 with a goals-against average of 2.33. In addition to his on-ice duties, Terry was also responsible for recruiting in Canada and the United States, as well as extensive video and statistical work. He also supervised and managed the Valiants’ Academic Monitoring program.
            Last edited by norm1909; 11-10-2010, 11:35 AM.
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Elmira got off 13 shots in the entire game.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                Elmira got off 13 shots in the entire game.
                Your point? The score was 1-0 with 47 seconds left.

They could have had one shot and won the game 1-0.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Your point? The score was 1-0 with 47 seconds left.

They could have had one shot and won the game 1-0.

My point is that when you manage 13 shots you aren't on par with someone. Obviously goaltending can, and often does, overcome such things, but the point remains.
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                    My point is that when you manage 13 shots you aren't on par with someone. Obviously goaltending can, and often does, overcome such things, but the point remains.
                    I never said Elmira was on par with Norwich. No one was. That's why they won the National Championship and only lost one game the whole season. I did say Elmira proved they belong and for someone who was actually at the game watching it, the Norwich fan base was on egg shells and scared ****less.

Elmira played the perfect game for 59 minutes. They did everything they needed to do for that entire time to beat the Cadets and darn near pulled it off. How can you fault a team for playing the way they need to play in order to beat a faster, more skilled, and more physical team?

Seems to me the USA 1980 team did what they had to do to win a pretty important game against the seemingly unbeatable opponent.

Norwich averaged giving up 19 shots a game last year. There were plenty of other teams that had trouble getting pucks to the net against that great Norwich defense as well.
                    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 11-10-2010, 04:09 PM.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

I never said Elmira was on par with Norwich. No one was. That's why they won the National Championship and only lost one game the whole season. I did say Elmira proved they belong and for someone who was actually at the game watching it, the Norwich fan base was on egg shells and scared ****less.

Elmira played the perfect game for 59 minutes. They did everything they needed to do for that entire team to beat the Cadets and darn near pulled it off. How can you fault a team for playing the way they need to play in order to beat a faster, more skilled, and more physical team?

Seems to me the USA 1980 team did what they had to do to win a pretty important game against the seemingly unbeatable opponent.

Norwich averaged giving up 19 shots a game last year. There were plenty of other teams that had trouble getting pucks to the net against that great Norwich defense as well.
                      I've also thought that a team can be more than competitive with a few number of shots, as in puck control, limiting the other team's quality of shots, etc. Nothing is more telling than the old Thomaris Elmira teams that would never shoot the puck, but could still dominate the game.

Comment

Elmira played the perfect game for 59 minutes. They did everything they needed to do for that entire time to beat the Cadets and darn near pulled it off. How can you fault a team for playing the way they need to play in order to beat a faster, more skilled, and more physical team?

I'm gonna have to give this one to the prez. My feeling was "I can't believe this is happening - they're doing the one thing that might have worked - get a goal and turn turtle"
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                        X