X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DU and CC - The Gold Pan Rivalry Continues

DU Game Notes for this series

DU Storylines

Denver and Colorado College meet for the 276th time in the storied series that dates back to 1950.

Denver reclaimed the Gold Pan Trophy last season after Colorado College held possession of the famed trophy for three straight years.

CC leads the Gold Pan Trophy series 10-7.

Denver lost senior center Jesse Martin to a serious season-ending injury last weekend at North Dakota.

CC Game Notes
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      The "Sportsmanship & Class" or the "not smart enough?"
      Close, but "sportsmanship and class" wins.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Banner Signing Schedule for Jesse Martin

Friday
        5:00 - 6:30 PM: DU Grilling Society BBQ (Outside South Entrance)

6:30 - 7:30 PM: South Entrance Hallway Magness Arena

1st Intermission: Magness Arena Main Foyer

2nd Intermission: North End Magness (By Sandwich Carvery)

Post Game: Magness Arena Main Foyer (Player Autograph Area)

Saturday
        6:30 AM: DU Student Will Fly Banner To Minneapolis

3:00 PM: DU Student Arrives Back In Denver

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
          Banner Signing Schedule for Jesse Martin

Friday
          5:00 - 6:30 PM: DU Grilling Society BBQ (Outside South Entrance)

6:30 - 7:30 PM: South Entrance Hallway Magness Arena

1st Intermission: Magness Arena Main Foyer

2nd Intermission: North End Magness (By Sandwich Carvery)

Post Game: Magness Arena Main Foyer (Player Autograph Area)

Saturday
          6:30 AM: DU Student Will Fly Banner To Minneapolis

3:00 PM: DU Student Arrives Back In Denver
          When was the last time you took a trip from NY to Denver to watch the Pioneers play? And when will be the next time?
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
            When was the last time you took a trip from NY to Denver to watch the Pioneers play? And when will be the next time?
            Last time I saw them play in Denver was many moons ago. Don't know when the next time will be. I was in Denver last summer for business and had a nice visit at Magness with a bunch of the current DU hockey staff. I also ran into some of my former classmates and friends at night. If DU gets placed in the East NCAA Regional in Bridgeport I am there this year. Had they beaten RIT last year in Albany I was all set to go see them on Saturday.

Injury update from Mike Chambers in the Denver Post.

Adam Murray will dress this weekend but Sam Brittain will play both games. Gwoz says Adam is still not 100% and Sam is playing well. Adam will get back in there whne he is 100%.

Nick Shore, Paul Phillips and Dusty Jackson all practiced this week in orange jerseys. None will play this weekend but it looks like Phillips and Jackson will be back next weekend for Mankato.
            Last edited by du78; 11-04-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              / Gwoz says Adam is still not 100% and Sam is playing well. Adam will get back in there whne he is 100%.

Nick Shore, Paul Phillips and Dusty Jackson all practiced this week in orange jerseys. None will play this weekend but it looks like Phillips and Jackson will be back next weekend for Mankato.
              Geeez, rough start, I can't believe we're at .500!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Ok, it's less than 24 hours before puck drop.

The time has come

'57
                (Ketchup color you know. )

CC Sucks!

Go DU!!! Beat the tiggies!!!
                GO DU !!!

Comment

The injury to Jesse Martin has really made me take a step back and think about things. This is such a great rivalry, and these teams play such great hockey against each other. But that seems secondary to me right now. I think what happened to Jesse has shaken ALL of us. I feel the pain of my DU brethren and Jesse has constantly been in my thoughts this week. These rivalry games have been secondary for me this week, as I know they have been to most, if not all, of us.

That said, CC's season has the potential to get ugly very fast. Swept (and embarrassed) at home against Minnesota, home and home with an emotional DU team, then at AFA who is always tough, and at home against a fantastic Yale team who may be even better and faster than they were last year. If CC doesn't right the ship quickly, this season will be ugly before we even get to December. So with all due respect to DU and everything they have endured, GO TIGERS! I can't wait to resume our great rivalry!
                  Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                  -dggoddard

Comment

Anyone know lineups for tonight yet?
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

All I have to say is

Here KITTy, KITTy I have some Friskies for you
                      GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

IT IS GAME DAY

GO DU!!!!!

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKb32MZE3JI/AAAAAAAAJa8/oOQr58maYiA/s1600/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ%3D%3D%5B1%5D.jpg******

No line-ups until an hour or two before game time. Denver's is pretty easy. They have 27 players including 3 goalies. All 3 goalies will dress. Sam Brittain scheduled to play goal both nights. That leaves 24 players. Jesse Martin, Nick Shore, Dusty Jackson and Paul Phillips are injured and Justin Jones hasn't been cleared by the NCAA. That leaves 19 skaters of which 18 will dress tonight. The 3 extras have been Jarrod Mermis, Jon Cook and Joey Brehm. I would expect Mermis and Cook to dress as a forwards on the 4th line with Brehm being the only healthy scratch. Everyone else plays tonight. The centers will be Anthony Maiani, Kyle Ostrow, Drew Shore and Dan Olszewski.
                        Last edited by du78; 11-05-2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                          The injury to Jesse Martin has really made me take a step back and think about things. This is such a great rivalry, and these teams play such great hockey against each other. But that seems secondary to me right now. I think what happened to Jesse has shaken ALL of us. I feel the pain of my DU brethren and Jesse has constantly been in my thoughts this week. These rivalry games have been secondary for me this week, as I know they have been to most, if not all, of us.

That said, CC's season has the potential to get ugly very fast. Swept (and embarrassed) at home against Minnesota, home and home with an emotional DU team, then at AFA who is always tough, and at home against a fantastic Yale team who may be even better and faster than they were last year. If CC doesn't right the ship quickly, this season will be ugly before we even get to December. So with all due respect to DU and everything they have endured, GO TIGERS! I can't wait to resume our great rivalry!
                          Will you be at the game Friday night?

I predict CC will look strong both games and play well. I think last weekend was the exception.
                          Last edited by CCtig; 11-05-2010, 08:46 AM.
                          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Mike Chambers pre-game report in the Denver Post. A decision on Jesse's surgery will be made this morning.

DU coach George Gwozdecky visited Martin in his Minneapolis hospital room Wednesday. He took video of Martin and showed the team on Thursday "so at least they know how he's doing."

So, how is he doing?

"He was cracking jokes and being his typical dry, sarcastic self at times. We had some pretty good laughs," Gwozdecky said. "And there are times where, I don't want to say he drops off, but he gets tired, whether it's the medication or what have you. But he's doing well. According to (father) Terry (Martin) he had a good day."

Terry Martin confirmed today's plan.

"The neurosurgeons from a number of sources are reviewing the material independently and are going to concur on a strategy (this) morning, and we should be confirmed for surgery thereafter," Martin said.

Said Ostrow: "We just hope surgery goes well. It will for sure be at the back of everyone's mind, but we've been working the whole week to focus on the ice. When we step on the ice, it's all hockey, all about beating our rival CC.

"It's a tough thing, because Jesse is so close to us, but we still have a job to do and Jesse would want us to win these games."

Comment

"It's a tough thing, because Jesse is so close to us, but we still have a job to do and Jesse would want us to win these games."

• Beat CC!!
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post

It will be interesting to see which teams really show up tonight. Unfortunately I will not be there this weekend. Work has me buried, I will be watching on TV though...as long as the game is on...

Now, for my personal observations...

Is it just me or has our rivalry on here even cooled off??? Sure we talk trash and such, but really its not to the extent it used to be. Do we actually...God forbid...respect each other??? Or have I completely fallen off my rocker???
                                Last edited by dubbie31; 11-05-2010, 09:48 AM.
                                Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                                www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Working...
                                X