BU >> Hot for Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU >> Hot for Maine

no.no.no...I mean BU hosts Maine. But I dunno, after Maine ended BU's season last year, maybe they are hot for Maine. Anyway, the pussifying goons visit the Agganis. Shud be fun,....but Maine coming off two big weekends...

BB's due for a letdown weekend >> Angry Jack 4, Pussifiers 3.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Re: BU >> Hot for Maine

Does it still count as Maine at BU if the game isn't at Walter Brown?

Aggannis Schmagganus.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I'd have to really check out the roster to see if there was anyone to be hot for.

Any of you chuckleheads making the trip to the big city for this match up??

Comment

Maine 8 BU 3

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
          Maine 8 BU 3
          Both BU netminders have been solid...that'd be a mighty slip.

A thing to consider is that Maine only had one game this past weekend and from what I heard...looked a little flat. You come off a HUGE North Dakota sweep....have to wait until Saturday to play your hangover game, come out flat, then have to wait until next Saturday to play again....I mean, it's hard to take that momentum and turn it into rhythm with such little game time.

We can guess it'll be Sirman going for us, and game 1 of that NoDak weekend is going to feel like forever ago by the time he gets out there. Not to mention, he got to play with the lead for all but 43 seconds. When we scored 8, he gave up 2. When we scored 7, he gave up 3. When we scored 4, he too gave up 4. It's only 3 games in, so I'm not actually reading into that, but it's slightly interesting to point out.

BU is the last H.E. team without an overall loss and all of their home wins have been by 1 goal, so you'd like to think that maybe they're due. But, for the players from last year's roster...I'm sure they have a bad taste in their mouth from the conference semi-finals last year, so they'll want to bring a strong game.

I think BU scores first, but the game ends up in a 3-3 tie.
          Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

BU has got a great team, and Maine is getting way ahead of themselves. BU 4 and Maine 2. But never fear, Maine/s season is not over.
            Hockey East ... Just one among many other wonderful college hockey conferences ...

p.s. With over 17 million negative reputation points and growing ... Yea, that's right ... I'm BAD, irredeemably BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey East Super Fan View Post
              BU has got a great team, and Maine is getting way ahead of themselves. BU 4 and Maine 2. But never fear, Maine/s season is not over.
              Maine's offense will not be held to just 2 goals.
              Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                Maine's offense will not be held to just 2 goals.
                So tell me cuz it sounds like you'd know the answer... does Nyquist snore while he sleeps?
                Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                  So tell me cuz it sounds like you'd know the answer... does Nyquist snore while he sleeps?
                  Jackie won't be snoring on Friday night while thinking about the Bears coming to town.

Comment

finally a game thread that people actually respond to. lowell and umass fans were asleep at the switch. maine cheats.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Setting the over/under at 7 total goals. I get the sense that this BU team has no problem participating in a shootout. It just hasn't had to in recent weeks because UMass, PC and UML don't have much offense.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

BU has played the gutter of Hockey East the past three weekends. BU doesn't realize what they're up against and Maine wins 6-3

Comment

BU has Jackie and 500 NHL picks, Maine gets killed. It was fun while it lasted
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Carrying over from the UND thread... ALL dirty hits are made by 27 yo, academically ineligible Maine players...even in games in which Maine is not playing...BU has no chance.
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Maine's goons go headhunting for Jackie in the pre game skate, then after laying him out they take a dive and claim Jackie hit them 1st, Jackie gets ejected.....Maine wins 5-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X