BU >> Hot for Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU >> Hot for Maine

That was my first visit to Agganis, and what a game to go to!! I knew it would be a battle, but man! That was an AWESOME game! 2 very good teams duking it out.

Comment

Interesting some say that Maine is big. Other than a coupla defensemen and Dee, I dont see it. House (who is a house) wasnt even out there. Take a look at UND if you wanna see big....and mean. I alwayz thot Maine was donwsizing particularly up front.

I guess this weekend shud erase any doubts (if there were any) about the quality of the BU team. Hope to see the dawgs way, way late in the season. One of these HE teams or BC needs to continue playing National Champion keep away from he WCHA.
      Last edited by acs64; 11-07-2010, 08:23 AM.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Very entertaining game. Up and down action all night. Many quality chances for both teams. Fitting to end in a tie. Looking forward to the two game set at the Alfond.

Watched the game on the BU feed and was impressed with the announcers. Very objective and knowledgable.
        Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearsfan45 View Post
          That was my first visit to Agganis, and what a game to go to!! I knew it would be a battle, but man! That was an AWESOME game! 2 very good teams duking it out.
          Couldn't agree more. Best game I've seen in a long time. Teams fought hard and the game featured a ton of size and skill. A ton of Maine fans in my section (101) and they were a pleasure. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and respectful. They cheered loudly for their team and didn't cheer "against" BU.

Fitting to end in a tie.

Good stuff. Makes me want to make the drive up to Alfond...
          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
            Couldn't agree more. Best game I've seen in a long time. Teams fought hard and the game featured a ton of size and skill. A ton of Maine fans in my section (101) and they were a pleasure. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and respectful. They cheered loudly for their team and didn't cheer "against" BU.

Fitting to end in a tie.

Seems like the timeout was a big difference. Evidently Maine had BU tired and unfocused until that timeout. The shots were somewhere around 12 to 1 in the period until that timeout. Parker's comments about the defense are refreshing(in the recap on this site). On the 1510 station Timmay mentioned he thought Oullette may be the most talented goalie but hasn't played yet. Seems like Sullivan is very capable and probably better than Darling. From what I saw he plays big and square like Howard, good positioning and rebound control. Nice to see Maine come back from adversity and earn a point on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

Fitting to end in a tie.

Come on up!

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                Interesting some say that Maine is big. Other than a coupla defensemen and Dee, I dont see it. House (who is a house) wasnt even out there. Take a look at UND if you wanna see big....and mean. I alwayz thot Maine was donwsizing particularly up front.
                It is probably because some of the more tenacious guys are the smaller guys. For example, Diamond plays bigger than he is because of his tenacious nature. But I agree, it seems like overall the team size is lower this year compared to recent years. But this team is tenacious and that is where the comments come from more than likely.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Seems like the timeout was a big difference. Evidently Maine had BU tired and unfocused until that timeout. The shots were somewhere around 12 to 1 in the period until that timeout. Parker's comments about the defense are refreshing(in the recap on this site). On the 1510 station Timmay mentioned he thought Oullette may be the most talented goalie but hasn't played yet. Seems like Sullivan is very capable and probably better than Darling. From what I saw he plays big and square like Howard, good positioning and rebound control. Nice to see Maine come back from adversity and earn a point on the road.
                  Call me crazy, but I 'd like to see Sirman get fridays tilt against NU, Sullivan the saturday game and Oullette take a shot on the following friday against BC at BC....you just never know when a talented young goalie like Oullette, chomping at the bit to show what he can do on a big stage, just might steal one on the road. Chances of Maine winning that first game at BC are slim anyway....BC will be amped up beyond 13kv anyway.....so if he steals it ....super, if not you bring in Sirman to mop up and you give Sully the start Sunday. IMO, you gotta get these guyz heads to swell up a bit in terms of confidence, and its best to get all 3 at once.

I will tellya one thing....I really like Sullivans consistency thus far. He's focusing well and is fundamentally sound. Jimmy Howard....nah, but certainly someone you can count on.
                  Last edited by acs64; 11-07-2010, 09:57 AM.
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post

I guess this weekend shud erase any doubts (if there were any) about the quality of the BU team. Hope to see the dawgs way, way late in the season. One of these HE teams or BC needs to continue playing National Champion keep away from he WCHA.
                    Corkum, Anthoine, and Mangene have size, speed, and skill.

I hope Corkum keeps playing. Minus that penalty he looked awesome. Tons of energy.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                      Corkum, Anthoine, and Mangene have size, speed, and skill.

I hope Corkum keeps playing. Minus that penalty he looked awesome. Tons of energy.
                      Corkum looked fast. It was great to see. Anthoine put a nice hit on Chiasson, and Chiasson chased him around jawing at him for a while after. Good stuff.

Comment

Corkum looked like someone who could benefit from more playing time, I'll say that much.

Obviously, he played with tons of energy, but from the BU video feed, it also looked like he was a little game-rusty. Lots of little mistakes mixed in with the good things (and the penalty). But my takeaway was that he definitely showed potential.
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          . Seems like Sullivan is very capable and probably better than Darling. From what I saw he plays big and square like Howard, good positioning and rebound control. Nice to see Maine come back from adversity and earn a point on the road.
                          Darling had potential too bad he blew it. When I saw Sully play against Acadia, I went this guy can't move side to side at all. But he does square up and he plays big and he moves better than he did so maybe it was rust. I still want to see Ouellette
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Darling had potential too bad he blew it. When I saw Sully play against Acadia, I went this guy can't move side to side at all. But he does square up and he plays big and he moves better than he did so maybe it was rust. I still want to see Ouellette
                            The consensus is Ouellette is the best goalie of the three, but he's still very young. The team appears to have the most confidence in Sullivan right now.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                              The consensus is Ouellette is the best goalie of the three, but he's still very young. The team appears to have the most confidence in Sullivan right now.
                              Why bring in a goalie when he's at an age where you're not confident to put him in? I don't expect they will redshirt him, so why waste most of a year's eligibility to have the "best goalie" ride the pine?
                              Last edited by Agganis; 11-07-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                Why bring in a goalie when he's at an age where you're not confident to put him in? I don't expect they will red shirt him, so why waste most of a years eligibility to have the "best goalie" ride the pine?
                                The biggest issue is, he got hurt in dryland training , couldn't practice and is behind the other 2 goalies in terms of preperation. He'll play
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X