PDA

View Full Version : BU >> Hot for Maine

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Priceless
11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Love the comment where some BU guy says Maine fans were chanting Jackie should die. I've been to every BU game at Alfond since the 80s and I've never heard it. Maybe it was fans whispering it in Jackies ears:D. I think the Maine commenters must be old timers, BU is the team team we love to beat more than any other. A sign of respect for the BU program

The closest I can remember was January of '92 when the school played Hook on the student network the week before the game and the student section broke into a "Run home Jack" chant after Maine went up 4-0 after the first period.

I can't imagine any true Maine fan calling for the death of Jack Parker. First, the game wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Second, considering what happened to Shawn I don't think any Maine fan would wish that on another team. Personally, I am not a big fan of Jack's but after everything he's done for Travis and his family, there is no way I'd wish him ill.

walrus
11-08-2010, 12:34 PM
. Personally, I am not a big fan of Jack's but after everything he's done for Travis and his family, there is no way I'd wish him ill.
I think most Maine fans dislike Jack and are willing to yell and scream bad things at him:) but wishing he was dead doesn't sound like Alfond to me.

defkit
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
The closest I can remember was January of '92 when the school played Hook on the student network the week before the game and the student section broke into a "Run home Jack" chant after Maine went up 4-0 after the first period.

Ahhh yes...the first of two straight four-goal comebacks for the Terriers at Alfond. The second one got much more press since it was the only loss for the Black Bears all year, but the one in '92 was pretty remarkable as well. I remember a Jon Jenkins goal, a Koskimaki quick snapper, and the tying goal which bounced around the crease a few times before I think Dave Sacco nudged it over the line.

The head to head was pretty interesting that year. First, Prendergast scored the SHG with 21 seocnds left at WBA after Maine cameback themselves to tie the game at four. The next night, Maine absolutely trounced BU, I think the final was 8-1 (I may be confusing the score with the "second night" score after the 7-6 OT win the next year at Alfond - either way, it was ugly). Then BU got the 4-4 tie in what was clearly the toughest rink to win at in the east.

KnowItAll
11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I can't imagine any true Maine fan calling for the death of Jack Parker. First, the game wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Second, considering what happened to Shawn I don't think any Maine fan would wish that on another team. Personally, I am not a big fan of Jack's but after everything he's done for Travis and his family, there is no way I'd wish him ill.

not a fan, and all you did for him back in your final days... I hate to think of what you would have done if you were a fan

KnowItAll
11-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I think most on this board are aware of that stuff. You should post this in the comment section of the article, and see where it gets you. :D I agree on the BC sucks chant though. Reeks of inferiority complex.

Actually, I think someone is taking the craigslist tack and a BU fan is posting something as a Maine fan that is completely absurd, to make Maine fans look like idiots.

acs64
11-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Hit the road Jack and dont you come back no more, no more, no more, no more, hit the road Jack, and dont you come back no more....heard that at Alfond after a good trouncing of the ratdawgs. :)

Surely wouldnt wish death on the old geaser, just severe dementia. :D

Erix_The_Red
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
just severe dementia. :D

Ya know, this could make a half decent movie. A hot tempered coach with a penchant for crazy antics slips into senility halfway through the season without anybody noticing. It starts out simple like forgetting that he just made a line change and sending the next guys in on short rest. It evolves into what broadcasters assume is an uncanny ability to brush off recent defeats and ignore 3rd period leads. It ends with a pathetic irate old man screaming from the bench and throwing clipboards and water bottles. It'd be a real tear jerker. Oscar material for sure.

acs64
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Ya know, this could make a half decent movie. A hot tempered coach with a penchant for crazy antics slips into senility halfway through the season without anybody noticing. It starts out simple like forgetting that he just made a line change and sending the next guys in on short rest. It evolves into what broadcasters assume is an uncanny ability to brush off recent defeats and ignore 3rd period leads. It ends with a pathetic irate old man screaming from the bench and throwing clipboards and water bottles. It'd be a real tear jerker. Oscar material for sure.

hmmmmmmm....sounds strangely familiar.

Scarlet
11-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Actually, I think someone is taking the craigslist tack and a BU fan is posting something as a Maine fan that is completely absurd, to make Maine fans look like idiots.

Right, because a Maine fan could never post anything remotely flameworthy like that. Just goes to show you that BU fans have a lot more creativity than Maine fans could ever hope for.

acs64
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Right, because a Maine fan could never post anything remotely flameworthy like that. Just goes to show you that BU fans have a lot more creativity than Maine fans could ever hope for.

Not even me? My feelings are hurt.:)

13renclan
11-09-2010, 09:08 AM

Hmm, that does sound like a good idea. And to think that you already have over 1300 posts doing that. Keep up the good work!

Priceless
11-09-2010, 10:20 AM

Be careful about painting with that broad brush.

KnowItAll
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM

No, Yia Yia, I have always known that you were particularly creative with your recountings of events If anything, I could never accuse you of being anything less than creative.