PDA

View Full Version : Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

dubbie31
11-01-2010, 04:57 PM
The gesture did not surprise me at all, but the timing of it did. I would have thought Jesse would wait a few days and see what his own future would be before he reached out. That fact that he didn't wait just makes me prouder of Jesse and the Pioneer program.

Wow, just that alone had me choked up. What an amazing person Jesse Martin is, I am more proud to be a Pioneer today than I even was in 04 or 05. This kind of news beats any National Championship because it shows that no matter if you win or lose what matters in the end is how you handle adversity. Jesse is in the fight of his life and to think about the person who injured him the way he did is amazing.

Jesse Martin is a true great and I hope that EVERY youth hockey player is told about this. It is a lesson that should be taken to heart.

blockski
11-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Good to hear he has feeling in all extremities. The real test will be whether he has loss of 1 or more cervical nerve roots that correlate with sensory motor movement of upper body muscle groups. The good news is treatment modalities for C2 fractures are generally very successful.

I'd also add that he's in good hands at HCMC. It's a very good hospital.

JW Tigers
11-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow, just that alone had me choked up. What an amazing person Jesse Martin is, I am more proud to be a Pioneer today than I even was in 04 or 05. This kind of news beats any National Championship because it shows that no matter if you win or lose what matters in the end is how you handle adversity. Jesse is in the fight of his life and to think about the person who injured him the way he did is amazing.

Jesse Martin is a true great and I hope that EVERY youth hockey player is told about this. It is a lesson that should be taken to heart.
This transcends being proud to be "a Pioneer". Jesse's handling of this makes me incredibly proud to be a fan of this sport.

dubbie31
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
This transcends being proud to be "a Pioneer". Jesse's handling of this makes me incredibly proud to be a fan of this sport.

I agree 100%!!! Jesse Martin represents the true spirit of the game.

cross cheque
11-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Ditto. I hope Karma roles out the red carpet for Jesse Martin.

Lady wore Black
11-01-2010, 06:34 PM
My thoughts are with you Jesse.

manurespreader
11-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Get well soon!, we all want to see you back.

grumpy
11-01-2010, 07:23 PM
This St Lawrence Alum is thinking of you. Get well soon and back on the ice.

GoUNH
11-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Get well soon young man. The entire college hockey community is pulling for you!

MinnesotaNorthStar
11-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I'd also add that he's in good hands at HCMC. It's a very good hospital.I had a friend that was in there for a few months with a severe head injury...everytime I talked to his mom she ranted and raved about how good of care they were taking of him.

vizoroo
11-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Here's an update from TSN which spoke to Jesse's father today.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=339492

Sending only positive thoughts to you, Jesse.

du78
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Updated Denver Post article with some quotes from Jon Cook and Kyle Ostrow.

Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16492395)

blazer777
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Our prayers are with you and your family for a full recovery.

satyking
11-01-2010, 10:18 PM
This kid is the definition of class......check this out

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16492395?source=pkg

du78
11-01-2010, 10:57 PM
One of the alums is getting a huge get well card made for Jesse that will be at the game on Friday night. The goal is to get over 2,000 signatures including both the DU and CC teams. The card will be sent to Jesse up in Minneapolis. A table is to be set up near one of the entrances so fans can sign. When the exact location is known, that info will be posted here and at LetsGoDU (http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/).

UML
11-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Best wishes from Lowell, Massachusetts.

icehawk
11-01-2010, 11:16 PM
This kid is the definition of class......check this out

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16492395?source=pkgTotally agree.Obviously raised by a couple of great parents.

vizoroo
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Coach George Gwozdecky's weekly press conference can be seen at denverpioneers.com Tuesday at 11:45 AM. Also available "on demand" on PioneerVision later. There is no charge.

HarleyMC
11-02-2010, 12:24 AM
The gesture did not surprise me at all, but the timing of it did. I would have thought Jesse would wait a few days and see what his own future would be before he reached out. That fact that he didn't wait just makes me prouder of Jesse and the Pioneer program.

I agree PS, that was an extraordinarily kind gesture considering not only his physical pathology but also the psychological trauma associated with this type of injury. In my view, this demonstration of character not only reveals Jesse's true level of integrity, but it also reminds us of one of the often forgotten foundational aspects of college hockey, character building.

Siouxfaninseattle
11-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery!