Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Dartmouth & Harvard (11/5, 11/6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Dartmouth & Harvard (11/5, 11/6)

League play begins!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Dartmouth & Harvard (11/5, 11/6)

Now it's for real. Would love to start this season off with 2 strong road games. I think we have been well prepared with 7 games under our belt and I think we have a good idea of where are strengths are. One thing for sure-we cannot do well taking 16+ penalty minutes per game. If we can hold the penalties down to 8 minutes or so per game, we are going to be a very tough team to beat.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I have my tickets for the Harvard game. There was a good representation of RPI fans at last years game. Are any of you planning to attend this year?
      Always looking to put a face to the people on this board.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I have my tickets for the Harvard game. There was a good representation of RPI fans at last years game. Are any of you planning to attend this year?
        Always looking to put a face to the people on this board.
        I plan on attending. Just gotta make sure my friend in Boston will be around that night.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

CD walks out with 3 points, Dartmouth 2 ties, and Harvard 2 losses to start the season.
          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

It has been a couple years since I went to Harvard for a RPI-Harvard game, what section is the visting fans section so I know to get tickets in it? Last time I went to Bright was for North Dakota-Harvard.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              It has been a couple years since I went to Harvard for a RPI-Harvard game, what section is the visting fans section so I know to get tickets in it? Last time I went to Bright was for North Dakota-Harvard.
              Section 17 is right behind the RPI bench. You can see the arena on the Harvard web site.
              Hope to see you there.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              Gary Player

Comment

hopefully RPI has a god weekened. Dartmouth is going to be tough I think. Harvard will, I think be a little easier.

Starting season at Dartmouth is going to be hostle and diffcult. The building should be full.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Section 17 is right behind the RPI bench. You can see the arena on the Harvard web site.
                  Hope to see you there.
                  ...planning to make the Hah-ved trip...should I get tix in advance (sect 17)?
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Now it's for real. Would love to start this season off with 2 strong road games. I think we have been well prepared with 7 games under our belt and I think we have a good idea of where are strengths are. One thing for sure-we cannot do well taking 16+ penalty minutes per game. If we can hold the penalties down to 8 minutes or so per game, we are going to be a very tough team to beat.
                    Totally agree Doc. I guess the question remains if/when Pat Cullen is able to crack the lineup...he was in street clothes again for the LP event. Higgs and Lee bringing tons of energy and chances for the O. Chase will find the back of the net.

RPI is #1 in scoring defense (ECAC) at 1.86 G/GM...York is something like 3rd in GAA. Allen has taken a very noticeable step forward in the early going. He has been confident and more of a leader on the back end.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Last year there were plenty of seats available. I personally get my tickets in advance if I am going to be travelling a distance to see the game. That's just me.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      Gary Player

Comment

was talking w/Paddy C in LP, he knows he has to work hard(er?) to get back in the line-up...just as Josh & Scottie have. Right now, good for RPI, who would come out? Tinordi? I'ld really like to keep Matt in there so he can get into some kind of offensive groove. He gets that along with his tenacious checking &..."zoiks Scoob". Dartmouth is going to be a tough game so I like Tinordi & Rabbani in the line-up. Didn't Chase have a natural hat-trick last time he was in Hanover
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Totally agree Doc. I guess the question remains if/when Pat Cullen is able to crack the lineup...he was in street clothes again for the LP event. Higgs and Lee bringing tons of energy and chances for the O. Chase will find the back of the net.

RPI is #1 in scoring defense (ECAC) at 1.86 G/GM...York is something like 3rd in GAA. Allen has taken a very noticeable step forward in the early going. He has been confident and more of a leader on the back end.
                          The rest of the defense has also stepped up. No more glaring mistakes in our own end. That cost us a ton of goals last year. The team in general is playing much better defense. Good speed on the back check and responsible forwards for the most part have given this team a chance to win every game.
                          I look forward to seeing them in Boston.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          Gary Player

Comment

The rest of the defense has also stepped up. No more glaring mistakes in our own end. That cost us a ton of goals last year. EHF, sorry...I have to disagree with this statement. Just see the last minute of last weeks game and insert mental image of last years Harvard game along with 2 Union games. I do agree though that the Defense is MUCH improved over last year

Comment

Actually, Harvard is first in scoring defense with an impressive 0.0 GAA. RPI is 2nd...haha
                              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Working...
                              X