PDA

View Full Version : Hanson brothers' hockey?

Osorojo
10-30-2010, 09:40 AM
0n 10/29 thirteen of the fifteen top-ranked DI teams played. Four penalties were called in the Denver - North Dakota game, the only one of these games in the single digits penalty wise. In the remaining eleven games featuring top-ranked teams the fans were treated to an average of fifteen penalty calls per game.
Is this number of penalties per game pretty much in keeping with recent years' records or might there be a trend emerging in style of play and/or officiating?

acs64
10-30-2010, 10:00 AM
New emphasis on protecting against head injuries...so you cant lead checks with ur elbows up. Also, recent emphasis placed on calling interference. Overall, the refs are supposed to be making these calls. Once the players get used to what they can get away with and what they cant, penalty minutes should drop. Goon hawkey is on the way out...the sooner teams realized its a skill and speed game now, the better off they will be. Clutch and grab hawkey and intent to injure is going to be called.

walrus
10-30-2010, 10:31 AM
New emphasis on protecting against head injuries...so you cant lead checks with ur elbows up. Also, recent emphasis placed on calling interference. Overall, the refs are supposed to be making these calls. Once the players get used to what they can get away with and what they cant, penalty minutes should drop. Goon hawkey is on the way out...the sooner teams realized its a skill and speed game now, the better off they will be. Clutch and grab hawkey and intent to injure is going to be called.

Doesn't this happen every season, the officials call it tight for awhile and then by the playoffs they don't call as tight.? The answer to my question is yes:D happens every year

Runninwiththedogs
10-30-2010, 12:16 PM
0n 10/29 thirteen of the fifteen top-ranked DI teams played. Four penalties were called in the Denver - North Dakota game, the only one of these games in the single digits penalty wise. In the remaining eleven games featuring top-ranked teams the fans were treated to an average of fifteen penalty calls per game.
Is this number of penalties per game pretty much in keeping with recent years' records or might there be a trend emerging in style of play and/or officiating?

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/
Do your own research, moron.

Dirty
10-30-2010, 12:18 PM
It's obvious more teams need to adopt the style of gentlemanly play that UND exhibits.

Osorojo
10-30-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.collegehockeystats.net/
Do your own research, moron.

Dog-in-the-manger: I take it that you are as ignorant about penalty frequency as I, but not as curious.

Carmine Scarpaglia
10-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Goon hawkey is on the way out...

And yet, Merrihack continues to do its thing.

I find it funny this question is asked this early in the year when new rules are always enforced and the players struggle to adjust to it.

GoUNH
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
And yet, Merrihack continues to do its thing.

Waaaaah!

acs64
11-03-2010, 06:03 PM
carlton, carlton...come in carlton. :D