NU vs. Holy Cross 10/29 - NU vs. Bentley 10/30: Husky Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NU vs. Holy Cross 10/29 - NU vs. Bentley 10/30: Husky Halloween

NU comes in to the weekend on a 3 game unbeaten streak (1-0-2) to do battle with Holy Cross on Friday night and Bentley on Saturday. I'm thinking Witt may get the nod against HC. Rawlings had a solid game against the Falcons last year so he'll be in on Saturday.
    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Re: NU vs. Holy Cross 10/29 - NU vs. Bentley 10/30: Husky Halloween

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
    I'm thinking Witt may get the nod against HC. Rawlings had a solid game against the Falcons last year so he'll be in on Saturday.
    ..sounds good.

Don't know much about HC, but i thought Bentley skated very well against us last year. They almost pulled it off. I think they'll be looking to do better. Sincerely hope the team takes neither of these clubs for granted. If we can play disciplined (5x5) hockey, we should be okay. If not.. look for us to drop one of these at home.

Hoping the halloween scare is on the opponent. Huskies by least a couple goals each night.. Boo
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Any HC.. Bentley fans want to chime in.. would love to hear your thoughts on the wknd at Matthews.

I can't remember the last time the HC Crusaders played at Matthews if ever..
      Think i read someplace that we met in a tourney in Conn. some yrs back, but i don't remember now.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

"For two institutions separated by a one-hour car ride, Northeastern and Holy Cross have only met five times on the ice. The first meeting occurred on Jan. 29, 1947 as the Crusaders cruised to a 9-5 victory at Matthews Arena. Since then, the last four meetings have all gone to the Huskies by a combined total of 31-6. The last meeting took place at the Toyota UConn Hockey Classic on Dec. 30, 2006 in head coach Greg Cronin’s only meeting with Holy Cross. Northeastern won that bout, 7-2. The three meetings in between transpired as NU victories by counts on 12-0 (Dec. 27, 1955), 7-2 (Nov. 30, 2001) and 5-2 (Jan. 10, 2004). Northeastern has never played Holy Cross in Worcester. The first four encounters took place at Matthews Arena while the last meeting came in Storrs, Conn."

http://gonu.com/news/2010/10/27/MHOC...x?path=mhockey
        Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Cricket......Cricket.......
          Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
            Cricket......Cricket.......
            ..sincerely hope fans on campus don't feel that way as well. I'm hoping for a good showing both nights (especially Saturday's gm). I know these are non HE gms.. nevertheless, chance to see some players we might not always see. Plus (hopefully), fix things that we're all aware of. I just want to see lots of 5x5 Husky hockey regardless of score.
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I think you'll see a good crowd for both games, I'm guessing more so on Saturday when everyone comes in costumes, that should be fun to see.

In terms of the games, if Northeastern plays with more discipline than they have previously, and have continued to do work on the power play, could play strong both games, and take 2 wins from the weekend. If they play as disjointed as they have, and keep taking dumb penalties, it could be a frustrating weekend. I'm hoping Justin Daniels might make a return this weekend, but he may wait another weekend or two considering it's OOC games.

Comment

For anyone not following NUAthletics on twitter: Friday’s M/W hockey doubleheader is now a single-admission ticket. More information in the link! http://bit.ly/aHWk5F

Women's game starts at 5 pm.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Those first 150 tix.. scary (good)! Thnks Melissa
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

..i'll tell you what else was scary (bad)... my team tonight.

Congrats to Holy Cross.. came in hungry & in it to win it (especially in OT).. well deserved.

One on the chin.. more to come this weekend? Sure seems that way
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                    X