Hey USCHO, DIII has started !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey USCHO, DIII has started !!!

How bout some stories, pix (no, the Wisconsin-Stout story doesnt count).

Last year's DIII championship game was a great, great game but that season is over.

How about a story or two and a pix or two from last weekends games !!!

Re: Hey USCHO, DIII has started !!!

Originally posted by gfan View Post

Last year's DIII championship game was a great, great game but that season is over.

Maybe waiting for the NESCAC official starting Date
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

Comment

This weekend's Oswego v. Elmira game at the campus centre was phenomenal. Great atmosphere, great intensity from the fans. There was some booster club with a whole bunch of international students at the game, and presumably this was the first hockey game for most of those folks, so that was a great little plus. The D-1 transfers that we have on the team all look fantastic, the speed is certainly there and beckwith in net looks rock solid. Swept the home and home series, something even last year we could not do. I think that this is a sign! The beginning of the road to Minnesota.

Comment

The only news (current anyways) will be found here in the forums and @ Webb's D3 West page.

Look @ the weekly columns on the D-III front page. They cover the 2009 Frozen Four.

Face it, USCHO does not give a poop about D-III. My idea for USCHO3 (and Webb's for D3 West) may be the way to go. We just need to hire reporters at each school and pay them $25-50/game to write a good article. Then the national reporters (Webb, Jaslow, Carey, etc) fill in the big picture.

The 4 student reporters for the FF schools get their way paid to the D-III FF. Plus we have a weekly UStream show on D3 hockey. GAWD, it could be fun!!!!!!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Let's face it, the best DIII coverage on the web is what we generate here.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Leave me alone. I'm trying to eat my breakfast pretzel... :-)

Coverage should start picking up this week. Previews are always a bear to do (and, admittedly, I hate doing them). Getting information before the season actually starts is almost impossible for D-III. I'm still waiting for a Cortland roster, so I can get the spelling for the freshmen correct. I plan on sending in my preview tonight to the editor. When it goes up, I can't say, and since I'm a week behind from the date my editor wanted it, I guess I can't complain... I know Biggar plans on sending his preview in this week, and I'm pretty sure that is Owen's plan as well. Of course, Costello can sit around and drink beer for another month before he has to start working. I have no idea what's going on out West.

This weekend, I'll be covering the Potsdam at Brockport and Potsdam at Geneseo games. The following weekend, I plan on being at the Buffalo State at Fredonia (probably) and Plattsburgh at Oswego games.

I'm considering doing a live blog from the Oswego game, similar to what USCHO started doing for the D-I playoffs last year. Would people be interested in this?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              Let's face it, the best DIII coverage on the web is what we generate here.
              Happy to be along for the ride and learn from the master...
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I'm considering doing a live blog from the Oswego game, similar to what USCHO started doing for the D-I playoffs last year. Would people be interested in this?
                IMHO you would be better off blogging games where there is not the type of television (WTOP) or radio (WNYO) coverage available...Oswego home games are well documented and available with high quality, reliable streams....
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Coverage should start picking up this week. Previews are always a bear to do (and, admittedly, I hate doing them). Getting information before the season actually starts is almost impossible for D-III. I'm still waiting for a Cortland roster, so I can get the spelling for the freshmen correct. I plan on sending in my preview tonight to the editor. When it goes up, I can't say, and since I'm a week behind from the date my editor wanted it, I guess I can't complain... I know Biggar plans on sending his preview in this week, and I'm pretty sure that is Owen's plan as well. Of course, Costello can sit around and drink beer for another month before he has to start working. I have no idea what's going on out West.

This weekend, I'll be covering the Potsdam at Brockport and Potsdam at Geneseo games. The following weekend, I plan on being at the Buffalo State at Fredonia (probably) and Plattsburgh at Oswego games.

Great summary thanks much, what all out of cold pizza ?

I'd say give the Blog a try and see how it works out

Comment

Hey, they've changed 3 lines of text and posted a link to the D-III schedule.

What more do you people want?

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                      IMHO you would be better off blogging games where there is not the type of television (WTOP) or radio (WNYO) coverage available...Oswego home games are well documented and available with high quality, reliable streams....
                      I agree which is why I'm not decided, yet. However, it's the big games that would get the most participation. No disrespect, but how many people are going to participate in a live blog for a Morrisville-Cortland showdown?
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I agree which is why I'm not decided, yet. However, it's the big games that would get the most participation. No disrespect, but how many people are going to participate in a live blog for a Morrisville-Cortland showdown?
                        True, but Morrisville-Elmira would probably do well (especially since they split last year)

SideArm stats (at a minimum), is available for most many SUNYAC games, so it is tough. Never enough coverage though, IMO, do your best, but I wouldn't spend the resources of doing a live blog at the expense of something that offered more (or unique) coverage. Also, in all seriousness, thank you for your contributions, in the end; it has to be a labor of love.
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I'll be sending in the ECAC West preview to the editors on Wednesday of this week. I would have had it submitted late last week but ended up being out of town for four days. Every once in a while, life gets in the way of hobbies.
                          Scott Biggar
                          WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                          Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                            I'll be sending in the ECAC West preview to the editors on Wednesday of this week. I would have had it submitted late last week but ended up being out of town for four days. Every once in a while, life gets in the way of hobbies.

Regional writers thanks much for your updates

Comment

Regional writers thanks much for your updates
                              Agreed - USCHO management should fund more of them and give more attention to DIII. It's not the writers that are the problem
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X