Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers @ CC Tigers: Oct 29/30

Originally posted by burd View Post
    You remember a fiction. They've always been sucky--just luckier. And you were probably drunker. I suffered the same affliction (the Kelly green version), until therapy set me free.
    My recommendation is get a second psychometric assessment. Or judging from your post you could just go ahead and lobotomize without losing much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      I do not expect Ness to score lots of goals. That wasn't his MO in HS either. And that isn't the only way to messure offensive contribution. What he did in HS was make everyone else around him better offensively. He was an expert at pulling 2 to three guys to him and then dishing to a guy left wide open after carrying the puck the length of the ice untouched. Offense starts from the time you get the puck in your own end and start moving it up the ice. It isn't just who buries the puck at the end. If the North Stars don't have guys who can get the puck to him, Dino C doesn't get nearly the goals he scored. Watch Ness. He went from a guy who occasionally skated to center ice before passing, to a guy this year who is carrying it into the offensive zone and creating chances. He also is showing much more poise on the PP that should translate into more PP points for the team. He is starting to pull defenders to himself and away from others. When you can skate around one player, another will have to pick you up. Most of his points will be assists. But he will make everyone around him better this year if he continues to gain confidence.

If you want to look at it simply, and only goals matter, than Ness is not a big threat.

And Wehrs is looking better offensively this year than last, but I still put my money on Ness at this point for contributing the most.
      I don't know, I don't think we are looking at the same player. I have been hearing these praises of Ness for 2+ years now and I just am not seeing it. I will admit I follow less than a little HS hockey. I have looked up a few videos of Aaron Ness for his HS days and from what I saw, he was the kind of guy who could go the length of the ice by himself and score. I have not seen that once from him since he has been at the U. Not once. I will agree with you that he does look sharp and crisp on the PP which is definitely a good thing and I would hope that equates into making some more opportunites for himself/teammates, as you stated. I know the season is still very very young, but 2 assists at this point doesn't seem very productive from a guy who gets as much ice time as he does, especially on the PP.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I was simply amazed by the number of people that cheered on Friday night when Kangas got yanked. It was like they didn't realize that he was getting hung out to dry and only one or two of those goals were his fault.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I haven't had much of a chance to watch Minnesota this year but I did catch the last half of Sunday's game against SCSU. I was wondering where were Frankie and Wooger?

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
            I haven't had much of a chance to watch Minnesota this year but I did catch the last half of Sunday's game against SCSU. I was wondering where were Frankie and Wooger?
            Woog is still on the pre/postgame stuff, but Frank's contract was up and they let him go. Didn't make very many people happy....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Woog is still on the pre/postgame stuff, but Frank's contract was up and they let him go. Didn't make very many people happy....
              That is too bad. Is Frank doing anything else right now?

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                That is too bad. Is Frank doing anything else right now?
                Probably out taking pretty pictures and whatnot.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Holl will be when he gets more regular time.
                  Unless he gets ruined like the rest of them. I like him as a player so far but the trend is ruination over time.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Patterson Punch tonight and Kangas Kool Aid tomorrow night.

They will lose only one game out of there next 6, I'm not sure which one but the brooms will be out Saturday night.

Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      My recommendation is get a second psychometric assessment. Or judging from your post you could just go ahead and lobotomize without losing much at all.
                      There's some truth in that, I'm afraid, but your post makes me long for the days when gopher fans were kinder and gentler. Maybe tape-to-tape passing and kinder fans go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        I was simply amazed by the number of people that cheered on Friday night when Kangas got yanked. It was like they didn't realize that he was getting hung out to dry and only one or two of those goals were his fault.
                        Kangas gives up fat rebounds time and time again and he is always out of position and is extremely slow moving side to side....what games have you been watching?

Yes, the defense is terrible...but Kangas is like Adam Weber....hasn't played well since he was a freshman!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                          Kangas gives up fat rebounds time and time again and he is always out of position and is extremely slow moving side to side....what games have you been watching?

Yes, the defense is terrible...but Kangas is like Adam Weber....hasn't played well since he was a freshman!
                          There is some truth to this. He has regressed just like his fellow classmates. It's scary how backwards everbody moves when they're on this squad.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

To be fair, the videos that get put up will typically be the ones where he goes coast-to-coast...those are the pretty ones. I haven't watched him yet this year, but got to watch him in HS as well, and Koho is on to something. Obviously? college is faster and the players are smarter, so he's not going to have as many opportunities to coast-to-coast and score a pretty goal. It would be nice if he scored more, but as long as creates scoring chances or better yet, creates goals, what's the difference.
                            Last edited by Larch; 10-29-2010, 02:49 PM. Reason: Had a hell of a time typing for some reason.
                            Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              There's some truth in that, I'm afraid, but your post makes me long for the days when gopher fans were kinder and gentler. Maybe tape-to-tape passing and kinder fans go hand in hand.
                              I think it's commendable that you at least acknowledged your need for a second psychotherapeutic assessment. Your negative affective outcome in response to my post is intrinsically salient in clients with your negative attachment status, so I'm not surprised. I would recommend that you resist any cognitive attempts to formulate any opinions at this stage of your treatment cycle. Just lay low for while until you can get help.

Comment

It's a hockey night in Colorado! A bunch of CC fans will do some "tailgating" at the brand new Buffalo Wild Wings next door to the World Arena prior to the game. Friday night, friends, beer, hockey, good stuff. Just hope Western Wisconsin plays poorly tonight!!

Go get'em Tigers!!
                                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Working...
                                X