GoNU5
10-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Figured I'd start a new thread for future recruits 2011 and beyond:

-Ryan Renz-LD, Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL), 4-13-17 in 49 games

-Ben Oskroba-D, Lincoln Stars (USHL), 4-11-15 in 52 games

-Ludwig Karlsson-LW, Green Bay Gamblers (USHL), 13-25-38 in 53 games

-Adam Reid-LC, Team USA (USHL), 3-3-6 points in 21 games

-Justin Kovacs-LC, Cedar Rapids Rough Riders (USHL), 16-39-55 in 55 games

-Mike McKee-LD, Kent Prep School, listed as "B" draft prospect by Central Scouting

-Garrett Haar-LD, Fargo Force, 7-16-23 in 49 games

-Cam Darcy-LC, Team USA U-17, 9-4-13 in 35 games

-John Gaudreau-LC, Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL), 36-35-71 in 57 games

-Jon Gillies-G, Indiana Ice (USHL), .911 save percentage, 2.65 GAA in 24 games played. Looks like he'll get a handful of games this season as Indiana relies on their main goalie.

-Matt Gaudreau-C, Team Comcast Midget

-Nathan Ferriero-C, Governor's Academy

-Dylan McLaughlin-C, Buffalo Regals

GoNU5
11-03-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=541129

Adam Reid is listed as one of the top draft prospects for 2011. No points so far this year, but hopefully he picks up scoring soon.

GoNU5
11-04-2010, 02:55 PM
We apparently got a commitment from Center Rasmus Juell from the Cedar Rapids Rough Riders for next year. He has a 2-3-5 line, and a 5 game point streak.

NUMcNeely
11-04-2010, 05:19 PM
More centers, I like it. Reid has impressed, Pimm shows promise, Cody probably wont stay for 4 years so this kid will probably be a 4th liner. That team he is on is ripping it, which I think is important to note. Good pick up.

Ryecheers
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
More centers, I like it. Reid has impressed, Pimm shows promise, Cody probably wont stay for 4 years so this kid will probably be a 4th liner. That team he is on is ripping it, which I think is important to note. Good pick up.

Just a note, Reid isn't a center. His regular position is as a RW and he has also been playing the right point on what has passed for a powerplay. I'm not sure, but I thought Cody's natural position also was RW.

This is Juell's first year in the USHL. He is from Norway. I don't where he has been playing before the USHL, but it often takes some time to get used to the tempo in that league. He'll get good coaching from Carlson and will improve because of that and through playing with strong teammates. I'd be interested to know what sparked the coaches' interest in him.

GoNU5
11-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Updated the recruits through the weekend. Ryan Renz had just come back from his injury and sounds like he's right back where he left off in terms of scoring, which is great for us.

Not sure why, but this weekend Jon Gillies got the start over Casey DeSmith (UNH recruit) for both games. DeSmith didn't even dress for either game.

GoNU5
11-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Central Scouting just released their USHL Rankings of the top 29 skaters: Adam Reid is #7, Garrett Haar is #18. Oleksiask and Clay Witt are also listed among 17 draft-eligible collegians.

GoNU5
11-19-2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=65974

Some early thoughts could have Oleksiak as a 1st rounder, which would be great. Also of note is a large number of college players and USHLers drafted, seems high compared to past years.

GoNU5
11-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Recruits have been updated through this week. Gaudreau continues his solid play, and stands at close to a point per game in the USHL. Rasmus Juell has dropped off in production since his commitment, and averages about .5 PPG, while Berkle and Karlsson have risen from slow starts and gotten to roughly .5 PPG in the USHL. Garrett Haar has also picked up in terms of offensive production, and Gillies, while still being a secondary goalie, has been improving in his past games in terms of save percentage and GAA. Ryan Renz is back from his injury, but his production has fallen off a bit from a point per game to .5 PPG.

GoNU5
12-02-2010, 11:50 AM
A nice article in the BCHL's magazine about us, should help boost us a bit with prospects (pages 12-14):

http://www.gonu.com/documents/2010/12/1/Northeastern___BCHL_article__12_1_10.pdf?id=347

GoNU5
12-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Another solid weekend for Northeastern recruits. Gaudreau got a hat trick and is now tied for fourth in the USHL in scoring with 22 points in 19 games. Haar, Renz, Berkle, Karlsson and Juel are all averaging .5 PPG, so it looks like they're consistently producing, which is nice.

Ryecheers
12-06-2010, 08:46 PM
John Gaudreau had a pretty good weekend. If he keeps this up, I don't know how we can keep him on ice til '12 or '13 as originally planned. We need him in the lineup by, say Wednesday. Yes. That would work. :)

http://ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3619

GoNU5
12-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Few things before the break:

Garrett Haar, either a 2011 or 2012 recruit, is #9 on the USHL's top 10 for the 2011 NHL Draft. He seems to have started slowly but gotten much better as time has gone on, and has been listed as a rise in projections recently:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12626/top10_nhl_drafteligible_ushl_prospects_for2011/
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._december2010/

The Western College Hockey Blog got a chance to see Cam Darcy play last week, here's what they had to say:

"I loved the game that Northeastern recruit Cameron Darcy had as well. Not flashy, but he's a workhorse forward that did so much dirty work for his team."

Federal League
12-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Juell just scored against Canada for Norway.

boblav1
12-30-2010, 05:56 PM
From the Heisenberg site:
Justin Kovacs-LC - Cedar Rapids (USHL) 5'10 173 10-13-91

Bumbles
12-31-2010, 03:38 AM
We're also finalists for one of the top players from Quebec, Michael Matheson, a '94 LD, we're competing against BC, BUC, and UVM. Drafted by Dubuque in the USHL, and the point leader in the AAA Quebec League. Sounds like a potential 1st round draft pick.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12603/iss_top30_risers_and_fallers_december2010/
"

Rumor has it that Matheson is going MJ with the Shawinigan Cataractes (team that drafted him in QMJHL draft in June). The whole NCAA thing might have just been a farce since sources have pointed out he wasn't exactly thrilled with the teams he would have ended up playing for if he were picked 1st or 2nd.

Ryecheers
12-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Rumor has it that Matheson is going MJ with the Shawinigan Cataractes (team that drafted him in QMJHL draft in June). The whole NCAA thing might have just been a farce since sources have pointed out he wasn't exactly thrilled with the teams he would have ended up playing for if he were picked 1st or 2nd.

Isn't it fascinating to watch the games these people play.:rolleyes: I hope our guys didn't spend too much time on this kid. There are plenty of good players who appreciate the opportun ities that hockey has made available to them.

GoNU5
12-31-2010, 12:15 PM

Weird considering not just 3 weeks ago there were a number of articles discussing his plans to go the NCAA route, maybe a year in the USHL. It wasn't like he was being recruited by lower tier schools, some top notch programs were interested in him.

GoNU5
01-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Updates through the past weekend: Berkle and Juell are no longer on Heisenberg's website. Not much of a loss, neither really produced much this year. The rest of our recruits have been producing steadily or improving on earlier performances.

Finally, the NHL Midterm rankings were released, Northeastern recruits were well released:

#27 - Oleksiak, Jamieson 8th ranked dman
#59 - Ried, Adam
#113 - Mike McKee
#138 - Haar, Garrett
#208 - Ryan Renz
#209 - Gaudreau, John

Ryecheers
01-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Updates through the past weekend: Berkle and Juell are no longer on Heisenberg's website. Not much of a loss, neither really produced much this year. The rest of our recruits have been producing steadily or improving on earlier performances.

Finally, the NHL Midterm rankings were released, Northeastern recruits were well released:

#27 - Oleksiak, Jamieson 8th ranked dman
#59 - Ried, Adam
#113 - Mike McKee
#138 - Haar, Garrett
#208 - Ryan Renz
#209 - Gaudreau, John

Considering that Gaudreau is the leading goal scorer in the USHL and probably leads in drawing penalties from guys trying to catch him or at least slow him down, he would probably be ranked much higher if he were a bit higher (taller). At 5'6" 140 lb.. he isn't exactly a prototypical NHL early round draft pick, but may turn into a terrific college player for us.

Ryan Renz might have been rated higher except for the fact that he has sat out for the past month asking for a trade from Port Alberni. He finally got his wish at the trading deadline today and happily it's not in the WHL. He was traded to Prince George (somewhere close to the Arctic Circle) and then was immediately shipped to Vernon. It should be a terrific opportunity for Ryan.
Here's the link to the Vernon Vipers Blog, which is run by someone with a lot of time on his hands. Of course, the Vipers have given him plenty to write about as they've been the national champions for the past two years and are ranked 18th this year - so far.

http://vipersdiehardfan.blogspot.com/

Meanwhile, two recruits seemed to vanish from the list published by Heisenberg. Adam Reid, a 20 yr. old with Youngstown, whose stats made it appear that he was just "mailing it in" is missing as is Rasmus Juell of Cedar Rapids via Norway. In their place we added Justin Kovacs from Cedar Rapids who seems to be a live one. I can't really add any color about what is going on. Any thoughts?