PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Recruits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

northeastern
04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
But of course Nick.. when you have evidence upfront.. move the goal posts.. October it is :).

Nick Papagiorgio
04-27-2011, 01:00 PM
But of course Nick.. when you have evidence upfront.. move the goal posts.. October it is :).

Evidence, huh? OOOOOOOOOOOOK.

roma
04-27-2011, 05:10 PM
It's not a rumor, Cronin is gone. Why would he stay and work for a guy that embarrassed him over a few text messages? The fist AHL job that opens, he is gone, as he should be.

From College Hockey News: Northeastern coach Greg Cronin shot down a report that he's leaving the school for an AHL job, according to a report in the Boston Herald. The Herald spoke to Cronin while he is in Austria, traveling with Team USA en route to the World Championships in Slovakia.“I have no idea where it’s coming from,” Cronin told the Herald. “I have nothing to comment on.”Cronin told the paper, emphatically, that he plans to return to Northeastern.

SkinsFan09
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
So who in this next class of recruits is actually highly rated? And with Kurker not going to BU anymore is he on the table? He was originally picking between BU, NU and PC.

Stevens ranked #132 on the final draft list and Darcy was #134

Carmine Scarpaglia
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
This is one great thread to go back and read 1 year later! Hokydad owned everyone again!

steve66
04-09-2012, 10:45 PM
So who in this next class of recruits is actually highly rated? And with Kurker not going to BU anymore is he on the table? He was originally picking between BU, NU and PC.

Stevens ranked #132 on the final draft list and Darcy was #134

Is Kurker defintely out at BU? NU should have the scholarships available with Gillies and Bitteto leaving.

Ryecheers
04-09-2012, 11:46 PM
IIRC the coaches are subject to a "quiet period" with respect to recruits. This gag order should end some time this week.

As for Kurker, I have no idea whether the rumors of his defection are true. If he knocks on our door, I'm sure we'd let him in and not ask him to wait until 2013.;)

I wonder if any of bu's hockey players are brothers/pledges of A E Pi. About the last job on earth that I'd want right now to be bu's Dean of Admissions:o

Huskies01
04-10-2012, 10:24 AM

If that was true, he was choosing NU prior to this coaching staff coming here. He would, and this coaching staff would, have to be interested in each other. I am sure playing for Cronin when the team was on the rise was pretty appealing at the time. Now, who knows?

All JM had to do was get the team to the playoffs last year to show he had some coaching chops and the sell would have been easier. Now? Good luck. Outside of the Stevens kid, look to see who has signed since November. And even the Stevens kid is not considered a top 6 forward as of yet. A good well rounded player, but not top 6.

Hokydad
04-10-2012, 10:51 AM
this is one great thread to go back and read 1 year later! Hokydad owned everyone again!

:d

SkinsFan09
04-10-2012, 01:27 PM
If that was true, he was choosing NU prior to this coaching staff coming here. He would, and this coaching staff would, have to be interested in each other. I am sure playing for Cronin when the team was on the rise was pretty appealing at the time. Now, who knows?

All JM had to do was get the team to the playoffs last year to show he had some coaching chops and the sell would have been easier. Now? Good luck. Outside of the Stevens kid, look to see who has signed since November. And even the Stevens kid is not considered a top 6 forward as of yet. A good well rounded player, but not top 6.

True but maybe Madigan etc. talked to him since it wasn't announced he was going to BU until Fall 2011.

SkinsFan09
08-27-2012, 09:34 AM
This thread is nice to re-visit.

2013 recruit Ross Olsson was ranked as an 'A' prospect by NHL Central Scouting meaning he is a potential first-round pick in 2013.

Jason Cotton was just named to the USA U-18 Select Team to compete in the Ivan Hvlinka Memorial Tournament.

And of course new 2012 recruit Kevin Roy was named the USHL Player of the Year with 50 G and 104 P in 59 games.

Split-N
08-27-2012, 09:45 AM
The Madigan regime gets a solid "A" for recruiting because of these three and others headed this way, both this year and in the out-years. Now the big question is how well do they coach these guys up in terms of both game prep and bench coaching in the heat of battle. Of course, good recruiting and good bench coaching could all go for naught if the goaltending contiunues to perform as it has over the past two years--but that's fodder for the other thread.

Ryecheers
08-27-2012, 11:04 AM
On paper, we have the best goaltending duo in the league. I'm more concerned about the Defense as we will have at least three newcomers in the lineup at any one time. That's where we will see whether the fruits of JM's recruiting are sweet or sour.

I would expect that the freshman class will be formally announced this week. Perhaps we'll see the roster as well.

NU bee
08-28-2012, 11:08 AM
the roster and recruiting class were released on gonu yesterday for those interested

FiveHole12
08-28-2012, 03:41 PM
On paper, we have the best goaltending duo in the league.
In reality, I wouldn't trade any of our goaltenders for any of yours. ;) :D

sterlippo1
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
In reality, I wouldn't trade any of our goaltenders for any of yours. ;) :D

don't NU fans on here dump on Rawlings a lot?....................FH12, hope you had a good summer, see you at the opener

Ryecheers
08-29-2012, 01:07 PM
When he's good he's absolutely outstanding. When he's bad, he's baaaad at critical times or in game deciding situations. When he's is off his game, the whole team plays more tentatively and things head south. He will probably finish as our all-time leader in shutouts, but at the same time, he may be the leader in "shoulda had its" Just recall the first 2 goals your guys scored in the BP opener, and the way NU didn't play afterward.:( Rawls expected to turn pro after the season. That sure didn't happen, which is why Gillies is at PC. We all hope that rejection will serve as motivation for him this year. If not, Witt is waiting in the wings and, IMHO, probably could start for 6 or 7 other HEA teams (bu among them, but not BC, of course)

It should be fun on 10/13. If you want to come by and say hello, I'm at Sec 8 r 7 s 9-12.

northeastern
08-30-2012, 02:08 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoPLTHefMmmTdGt1bWNTcUNqRm1SaUNZbG5jMi1PS 2c&gid=1

HungryHungryHuskies
08-30-2012, 09:33 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoPLTHefMmmTdGt1bWNTcUNqRm1SaUNZbG5jMi1PS 2c&gid=1

Three more guys from Lincoln. Gotta love it.

I genuinely hope Olsson isn't pushed to 2014. I always have an uneasy feeling when I see a top recruit listed without a definite start year out of fear that they'll get pushed back and leave.

Ryecheers
08-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Three more guys from Lincoln. Gotta love it.

I genuinely hope Olsson isn't pushed to 2014. I always have an uneasy feeling when I see a top recruit listed without a definite start year out of fear that they'll get pushed back and leave.

If he continues to develop as he has demonstrated during the past 6 months, JM will get his autograph on an LOI in November. He was one of the few "A" rated players according to the scouts and is potentially a high draft choice next june.