Please pray for Miami's Will Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for Miami's Will Weber

In tonights game against Northern Michigan, Will Weber took an opponents skate to the neck. He skated off the ice on his own but was immediately rushed to the hospital where he was air cared to cincinnati. Good news is the skate missed his corroded artery but got his corroded vein. He lost a lot of blood but was awake enroute to the hospital. He will undergo surgery tonight to repair the damage.

Please keep him in his thoughts as he recovers from a very very scary incident.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Re: Please pray for Miami's Will Weber

Eek, always horrible to hear of these incidents. Here's to a speedy recovery and no issues going forward.

Comment

Praying for him.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Prayers on the way. Scary scary scary.
        "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Prayers for Will Weber's recovery coming from the West Coast.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

God-speed to you Will.

Comment

Wow. Here's to a speedy recovery with no lasting ill effects.
              "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Prayers to Will Weber. What a scary incident. Hopefully he'll make a quick and complete recovery. Man, I really hate when this kind of thing happens.
                You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
                GO HAWKS!

Comment

WOW, that sounds really bad!! any updates/word on how the surgery went?

Comment

http://www.oxfordpress.com/oxford-sp...ed-984769.html

Basically what rhm said, thoughts with him tonight for a speedy recovery.

Comment

How exactly did it happen, was the NMU player falling and/or hit with legs flying up in the air and Weber upright, or Weber down on the ice in a corner scrum or some other situation where he was on the ice?

Comment

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
                        How exactly did it happen, was the NMU player falling and/or hit with legs flying up in the air and Weber upright, or Weber down on the ice in a corner scrum or some other situation where he was on the ice?
                        I only caught it out of the corner of my eye but I believe Will laid the hit on the NMU player and he fell to the ice, NMU player lost his balance and the skate just came right down on Weber's neck. Very scary.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          I only caught it out of the corner of my eye but I believe Will laid the hit on the NMU player and he fell to the ice, NMU player lost his balance and the skate just came right down on Weber's neck. Very scary.
                          Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
                          Happened right in front of me, thanks to everyone for their prayers it was/is very scary. Pretty much what 628 said, will made a hit in the corner and bounced off and fell to the ice. The NMU player, didn't catch his name or number, lost his balance after the hit and fell over weber's back. The skate came down across his neck as he hit the ice. Lots of blood immediately, game was stopped to clean up the ice.

Haven't heard anything today on his condition but I do know he was alert and talking to his parents last night before surgery which is always a good sign as well as the fact that it missed his corroded artery.

Was talking with someone last night and thinking it is amazing that this doesn't happen more often, but thankfully it doesnt.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Prayers are sent from the Soo.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Thank you for requesting prayers. These kind of things don't always come to light fast enough for others to help. It is very easy to get lost in what is truly important when we get caught up in the emotions of sports. This is far more important. May God bless him with a speedy and full recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X