Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please pray for Miami's Will Weber

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Was talking with someone last night and thinking it is amazing that this doesn't happen more often, but thankfully it doesnt.
    Sounds like he's going to make a full recovery if the preliminary reports are accurate. That said, I wonder if the NCAA will consider neck guards like most youth hockey programs requrire.

I wasn't there in person, but watching it online, ONN had good angles of the hit and a close-up replay. I literally shouted in disbelief when I saw it happen. No one's fault, but a very violent leg swing by the NMU captain and the skate blade came right down on Weber.

It appears he is going to turn out to be a very lucky young man.

Get well soon, #4!
    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Obviously the most important thing by a long,long shot is that he's ok, but am just curious if everything went well in surgery could he return to action by the end of the year? The mental scar may take longer to heal than the physical scar.

Comment

An injury to the neck like that is something as scary as the spinal injury to the Rutgers football player last weekend. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. This may be a freak occurrence but has there ever been talk about putting in something around the necks of players to help guard against this kind of freakish thing?

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          Happened right in front of me, thanks to everyone for their prayers it was/is very scary. Pretty much what 628 said, will made a hit in the corner and bounced off and fell to the ice. The NMU player, didn't catch his name or number, lost his balance after the hit and fell over weber's back. The skate came down across his neck as he hit the ice. Lots of blood immediately, game was stopped to clean up the ice.
          I was listening to the NMU radio broadcast and I believe Phil Fox was the Northern player involved in the play.

Comment

Definitely praying for him. Obviously his health is the most important thing here, but stuff like this really makes me wonder why the NCAA, NHL and other leagues don't require neck guards. They're not perfect, but they can easily prevent injuries like this.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

thoughts and prayers from this Eagle

Comment

Sounds like the surgery went well. From the Miami athletics Facebook page

"Will Weber is resting comfortably and doing well after taking a skate to the neck last night. He is expected to make a full recovery."
                Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-24-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Sounds like the surgery went well. From the Miami athletics Facebook page

"Will Weber is resting comfortably and doing well after taking a skate to the neck last night. He is expected to make a full recovery."
                  Great news!!
                  Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to Will Weber.

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    Great news!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Wow, I never like to hear about stuff like this....I am glad to hear he is doing ok and will be fine.
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Prayers for both the injured player and the guy who's skate caught his neck (who I would guess is feeling badly). Glad to hear things are turning out OK.

Comment

Best wishes to Weber. It certainly was a horrific injury. Glad to hear he is doing well and wish him a quick and complete recovery.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Here's hoping and praying for a speedy and thorough recovery.
                            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Sounds like everything went well with the surgery, prayers from Wisconsin. Get well soon Will!
                              Originally posted by solovsfett
                              To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

I am so happy to hear that this young man is going to be OK. My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X